IGNORED

Post Your GAME Golf Rounds

mvmac
Note: This thread is 1033 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Shindig/round/1138556

Started great -- par par bogey par nice drive on #5.  Got in my head, doubled, then recovered and didn't have another double until #16.  Closed very poorly -- double-bogey-double to shoot a differential .9 over my handicap (87 score, 13.9 differential).  I think it was that I didn't manage my eating during the round -- had a breakfast burrito before round, three bananas during it and nothing else during.  

Oh well.  I played golf today and had fun.  Maybe next time I start strong I'll be more comfortable with it. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/bweiss711/round/1137850

A couple of firsts in this round.  It was my first round using the GG tags, and it was also my first round ever under 100.  If you want to see what 18 holes looks like when you have no clue where the ball is going off the tee and have no short game at all to speak of.... check out this round!

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/billchao/round/1140194

I feel like I got away with a crime today. Started the day with a topped driver and finished off that hole with a well-struck 5i approach. Ran the gamut of clubface control misses today, from the drive on 4 (I didn't know you can hit the ball that solidly that far right) to the dead pull 6i on 13. Skied a couple of irons which is unusual for me.

Yet somehow in between these misses that made me feel at times like I was a 20 again, I managed to hit some absolutely brilliant shots that had me walking away with a 48-40 for a sub-90 round. I honestly thought when I was +12 at the turn that there was no way I was breaking 90, but after a couple of minor setup adjustments I managed to right the ship enough so that my misses stayed in play and looked like they were hit well enough to elicit a "nice shot" from my playing partners even if I knew right from impact they were hit off the toe (as an aside, I wonder if it annoys people when groan because I know I didn't make good contact but my ball ends up splitting the fairway or on the front of the green?). 

Even managed to miss a couple of drives low on the face that ended up being low draws over 250 (the drive on 10 is the only good driver shot I had all day). Like I said, got away with a crime today.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Played Saturday with my mother.  http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Shindig/round/1159352

Two pars -- holes 1 & 3 -- and a birdie late in the round, otherwise bogey or worse everywhere.  I played poorly.  I chunked a number of shots, hit putts from the fringe that barely made it to the green, and otherwise made a [redacted] of myself. 

The system says I hit 7 GIR... I wonder if it's counting hole 6, where I hit driver into the water, reteed (I started it over the water, although I now know there's a drop zone I could have used), hit a great drive, hit my 6-iron near enough to the pin to have a run at it and a short one when I missed. 

Sad thing, I've usually played well at Heritage Palms in the past, and it's one of my favorite courses in the area.  I think I shot an 84 last summer there. 

Oh, and mom parred two par-3s (the two on the back)... might be her best par count on a regulation course since she took the game back up last year.  I'm not quite getting her a Game Golf yet to track these things. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/1157316

I played Lake View CC with a former high school kid I coached a little, and who is now a good friend. I played pretty well (he could have played better), and it was really good to get back out to play an old favorite golf course.

I bladed two wedges: #2 and #10. One led to a bogey. I didn't putt very well. I made two putts of any length at all. Maybe just the one on six…?

sglv.png

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/jeremie/round/1156881

Not a bad round considering the +5 on hole 5. I didn't warm up at all, which may have lead to some of the struggles off the tee to start. Left 3 putts right on the edge of the hole and one lip out, but still managed 1.89 putts per hole. GameGolf hasn't updated the par settings for all the holes on the course yet so some of the scores relative to par are off. Chose this course for it's tougher rating of 71.8/131 for the tees I chose to play just to see how I'd do. Probably could have played the Gold tees if I wanted, the distance wouldn't have made much difference but there was a sign at the first tee suggesting which tees to play for given handicap ranges and mine fell in line with the black tees.

scorecard.jpg

Funny side note, after hitting a fade with the driver basically all day, on the final 5 holes I started hitting a draw which put me in a bad place a few times. Figures as soon as I embrace the fade it runs away!

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Played a couple rounds last week, some things better, like putting...some still struggling like my full swing consistency...

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/skeedawg40/round/1149560

Above at Indian Creek - Creeks course here in DFW. Played with a new co-worker and had a blast. I'm going to hit this one again with a more solid game plan now that I have LSW in hand. I think it's a course where below 80 is very possible.

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/skeedawg40/round/1151417

Next got to play Friday at Coyote Ridge, one of my favorites to find a deal on GolfNow. I shot 9 strokes better than when I played this on 11/2015!!! Yay for me!! And I had 3 penalty strokes...it was the 8 pars that saved my score here. Also, I putted better than I have all summer. It's the best putts/hole I've recorded since using GG. 

Struggled off the tee on several holes but was able to recover well enough to not score worse than bogey. Putting was on point tonight with 13 putts *not counting a couple putts from the fringe* and saved par twice with really good wedge shots. +5 40.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/jeremie/round/1163718

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/ChilliDipper/round/1164637

What to make of this round?! The first nine holes were beyond hopeless: two balls in the water, one lost in kudzu vines, and one perfect drive rolling into a bush in the first five holes. Went out in 55, made triple bogey on the 10th, then played bogey golf the rest of the way, burning the edge on a few par putts.

I didn't hit a solid iron shot all day; I could feel my forearms over-rotating and shutting the clubface, leading to nothing but pulls and toe-hits. I need to find a way to fix that. I found several bunkers, but played surprising well out of them (except for leaving one in the bunker at the 3rd, but that was off a downhill lie); I can't say the same about chipping with my lob wedge, where I duffed a combined three chips one the 9th and 10th. The lowest number of putts I've recorded on GAME GOLF, but that's what happens when you don't hit a green in regulation all round.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/fep/round/1166894

Improving ones swing..."The first part of this is mastering the ability to hit the ball solidly the great majority of the time". - Lowest Score Wins

I've been rereading Lowest Score Wins and have taken the above to heart.  I continue to practice keys 1 - 3 and focusing on improving the consistency of my low point and ball contact.  There is still work to be done on this but today I had a round where the majority of my swings felt as though I caught the ball at or very near the sweet spot.  That has never happened before.  I chunked two wedges but ther rest felt good.  Bottom line, fewer bad shots on this round.  I'm sure I'll be slapped down from this high soon on some future round.  Happy now though.

Todays swing thought was, "catch the ball on the sweet spot".

1 over for a nine hole round! My best round there to date.

last round.JPG

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/jeremie/round/1169211

So, outside of the miscues off the tee this was a stellar round. Greenside chipping was great except for 14 where they had the drop zone above the hole and putting was really solid with 28 putts total. Really the bad drive on one was partly because I didn't warm up at all, the lost ball on 4 was due to taking a bad line expecting a draw and hit a fade, the lost ball on 11 was scary bad, landed on the road. Tee shot on 16 pull into creek too, on both I partially blame on an extended wait before I could tee off but really I need to learn to deal with that. Honestly, I'm starting to see a pattern of when I wait or am tight that I tend to hit a pretty bad pull so I need to start planning for it. Overall, I'm super happy with how the round went. Just goes to show that the difficulty and length of a course (74/133 and 7129 yards) doesn't necessarily equate to a tougher round.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• Administrator

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/1174360

72 at Lawrence Park earlier today.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/SliceofLife/round/1175730

Could have been a decent round, but the greens were just aerated and in awful condition. Hit 4 of the last 6 greens and 3 putter a couple. 

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/JonMa1/round/1176896

My game is just awful right now... so bad it's beyond pissing me off and I just have to laugh. GIR's mean almost nothing as my lag and short putting is wildly off. Makes recovering from a couple of blowup holes per round nearly impossible.

There's a lot of improvement necessary just to get back to the mid 90's golf I enjoyed earlier in the year. Pretty much every aspect of my game needs work in order to meet my yearly goals with the season's end creeping closer.

Jon

Played horrible yesterday.  Way too many doubles and worse.  Picked up on #9 after hitting ESC and not even being on the green.  http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Shindig/round/1177356  ESC total 96.  I hope I'll play better today.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Thought I would share this.....I posted a while back that I noticed my driver tag had broke. (The part containing the chip came off leaving the part that screws into the grip) I didnt really mind as its easy enough to adjust for the tee box. However my 9i tag came off sometime last week and I didnt notice until yesterday.

Just sharing this because I emailed gamegolf and they are shipping me two replacement tags for no charge! Great customer service!!

Note: This thread is 1033 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!