IGNORED

What was your memorable shot of 2014?

Jakester23
Note: This thread is 3420 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

July 31: My first ever  hole in one, a month after I had my X20 Tours reshafted with lighter NS Pro 8950.GH R-flex shafts.

On a 166-yard par 3, I dropped a 6-iron shot onto the front of the green, and the ball released forward 12 feet into the cup.

And, my brother had a golf-for-two certificate that day, so I played for free!

• Upvote 1

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I had a chance to try and qualify for the All-Army Golf team this year.  I didn't play great my first round of qualifying so I needed to go after it for the rest of the tryout.

First hole was a par three about 165 yards into a 15mph wind.  I hit it to 3-4ft and made birdie.  Started my next round out perfect.

I didn't make the team but I had a great time and look forward to trying out again next year.

Lipped out ace ,175 yard par 3, elevated tee makes carry hazard right at 155 hit 7 iron perfectly about 8-10 feet left of flag, ball took 2 hops then checked, that's when the slope took the ball towards the flag, it takes at least 5 seconds to reach the cup but the build up to it is awesome, we saw a wiggle when it passed behind the stick so it had to catch the back of the cup was just going a touch too fast it ended up about 5' below the cup and I made the straight uphill for bird but man do I ever want to see that ace on that hole just because you see everything unfold.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Made my first ace in April with my 5-year-old daughter present – she got to remove the ball from the cup. On the very next tee box, she caught her first lizard, which promptly bit her on the finger. It was a great day for both of us.

John

Was in an alternate shot tournament with my dad in May. We had to finish par, par to make the championship flight. On the 17th hole (par 4) I hit a 15 yard pitch from a down hill lie over a bunker to a pin that was just a few paces on the green. Hit a great shot to 5 feet and my dad made the putt. Last hole I hit an 8 iron to 3 feet and made birdie to get in.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

"Horse Race" tournament during the weekend of the Men's Invitational at my brothers club in June. All 23 of the teams in the tournament compete at the same time on the same hole in an eliminator style competition so there was a big crowd. Here's a pic on the first hole: On the second hole, our teammate hooked our drive into the trees. I hit a 5 iron 100 yards, 5 feet high, ran it up the green, caught the ridge in the back and fed the ball down to the hole hidden behind a huge bunker 5 feet from the pin. Considering the difficulty, the result, and the crowd, it was definitely my most memorable shot of the year.

Memorable only because we all died laughing. This happened on Black Friday.

The set up - Par 4 9th hole with about a 120 yard carry - pulled it left really bad, hit the tree and somehow the ball did not roll into the hazard. So now ball below my feet on a decline.

Pull out my 4 hybrid, never got it high enough up the air and hit the top of the culvert, sending the ball high and left out of bounds.

Drop and take take my next shot - hit the culvert again sending the ball about 30 yards behind me.

My foursome and the 2 walkers that let us play through all just died laughing - the perfect way to ruin an otherwise great front 9.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

I can't decide between two different shots. The first was a 311 yard par 4 that my drive caught the fairway slope and rolled onto the green. The pin was up front and I made about a 10 foot putt for eagle. I've driven a few short par 4's over the years, but this was the first time I capitalized and made the eagle. For the second, our company plays a 3-day Ryder Cup match between the 2 different divisions at our site. Format for this day was 2-man team best ball. On the last hole it was All Square. 185 yard par 3. The other 3 guys had missed the green badly. I hit the best 5-iron I've ever hit. A laser right at the pin. Adrenaline must have been flowing because I'm on the back fringe 50 feet from the pin. The other 3 guys all bogey and I cozied my putt up to the pin for a par to win the match 1-up. One of my opponents, that I've played the last two years in singles and probably would have played again this year, died the next day. I'll never forget that day. :-(

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Made an eagle on the par-five first hole of a round at Highfields Golf and Country Club. Good drive, hybrid down the left side, found my ball sitting perfectly on the upslope of the fringe just left of the green. Popped the ball up perfectly, landed it just on the green, rolled out to the cup. I almost eagled another hole (the 18th, another par five) a that course a number of times. A good drive leaves me a mid- to long-iron approach to a very receptive green. It's blind, but as long as you pick the right point to aim at, the whole area funnels towards the center of the green. I probably had an eagle change just about every time I played that hole this year.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

One other thing: I'm at a stage in my game where I mostly hack it around the course in a manageable manner to score decently. So the shots that go EXACTLY as planned are still few and far between. On a bad day, zero and on a good day, perhaps 3 or 4. If I think back throughout the year, I can remember quite a few of those "perfect" shots. There is no better feeling. Is golfgasmic a word? It should be. ;) The day when/if I'm able to hit 7 or 8 of those in a round is going to be a happy time.

I did not have any particularly great shots in 2014 so I will work with memorable .  18th hole.  Weather is rolling in with really dark clouds and thunder (no visible lightning yet).  Jogged to my tee shot and pulled a club while running.  Hit a laser of a 9-iron to two feet.  Ran to the green, tapped in, ran to the car, threw my bag in the trunk, got in the car and all Hell broke loose - heavy rain, wind, lightning, as I drove out of the parking lot.

Brian Kuehn

Been working to hit my driver consistently all season, crushed one 284 (according to GolfShot) down the left side of a fairway in mid-October. Felt awesome!

Three very memorable shots. TST Spring outing. I was playing with three good players, including +mvmac, at a golf course where I've never previously broken 100 (although I had only played it once with a handicap under 30, so that on its own isn't as bad as it sounds). The second par-5, had a nine iron in for GIR, hit it perfectly. Made the putt for birdie even. If I have to pick one shot to be memorable, this is it. July, my club's match play tournament, round of 16. Had managed to come back to force a 19th hole. Par 4, hit a good drive. Opponent puts his [i]third[/i] into a greenside bunker. Pin is forward, and I know that green's a little tricky. I made the good decision to still go for the middle of the green and hit it perfectly. Two putts later I had the win (I ended up finishing third in the tournament itself). The shot itself is memorable more for context, although I did hit it well. August. Club championship, first round, third hole. First par-3. Big green, pin very far forward, but I still pick a 6-iron to get to the middle. I hit it very poorly; it gets a great bounce and finishes a foot from the cup. The group ahead had waved us up and were cheering. It took some willpower to not show how upset I was for such a bad shot, since it would appear to others that I was pissed about missing an ace. Someone else in the flight ended up acing the par-3 16th later that day.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

The two most memorable shots I hit all year were at the 4A state tournament.

On the first hole of the tournament, I hit an ok drive into the left rough and had 92 yards left to the hole. I hit a smooth 60* to two and a half feet for a tap in birdie, which felt great since I was a bit nervous at the start. Something about that tournament makes it feel way different from all the rest.

On the last hole of the tournament, the 18th on the second day, the greens had been stimped at a 12. The pin for this hole was on the right side of the green and the whole thing sloped right to left with a ridge about five feet left of the hole. I made the terrible mistake of hitting my second shot into the right greenside bunker, where it became partially embedded with a fried egg lie on a downslope (since the bunker also sloped right to left). When I went up and saw the situation I nearly dumped my drawers since I was under the impression I needed to get up and down for a top 10 finish. I settled in and hit exactly the shot that I envisioned, with the ball just landing in the collar of the rough before releasing out to leave me with three or four feet for par. I made the putt and it turned out I finished 11th anyways, but it's a shot that I'll remember for the rest of my life due to the circumstances around it.

Well since it was a bad year for me not  being able to shoot my handicap or lower except the one round I shot even par id say it was in one of my tournaments this year.I was on my 16th hole of the tournament and laying 2 about 120 from hole on a par 5.I am 8 over and figured I needed to get a birdie to get to 7 over which would give me a 79 if I parred last 2 holes.Problem was I had to go low since I had tree limbs overhanging and couldn't hit wedge or 9 iron so I punched a 5 iron low ran up about 1 foot from hole for my birdie.

P.S. I  3 putted from 20 foot on last hole to shoot 80 and finish 4th. Winner shot 77.

Probably mine is driving 10 foot past the hole on a 340 yard dog leg par 4.  A lot of stuff had to happen to carry that out and we both were shocked to see the ball sitting there on the green.  I just missed the eagle putt but got a birdie so I was thrilled.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

Note: This thread is 3420 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!