IGNORED

Robert Allenby Claims He Was Kidnapped, Beaten, Robbed in Hawaii

jamo
Note: This thread is 3194 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by newtogolf

People make up stories to save face.  Admitting you passed out drunk, smashed your face into the ground and got robbed while unconscious isn't a flattering story nor is leaving the bar with someone in hopes of some "extra-curricular" activity and getting robbed instead.  So they create a story that allows them to maintain their dignity but explains the bad bruises on their face that people will inquire about.  Once that hits, the police get involved and stories are told that the police are trained to detect inconsistencies.  Most people believe they can outthink the police but the chances are slim they can think quickly enough to cover all the bases.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

I get that, don't disagree at all.

What I'm saying though, is you don't even have to admit you passed out drunk.  Quietly go back to your hotel, gather you things, go home, withdraw from Humana with an "illness" and wait out the bruises.  Nobody would ever know.

Is he married or does he have a girlfriend? Kids? That's a plausible reason for a cover-up.

And, on a side note, if the stories we are hearing are true, will he get in trouble for filing a false report? If so, it appears he won't be going back to Hawaii any time soon.

Bill M

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Funny you should say that. I was just about to change it to "journalist", not "sporting journalist". He is also a highly regarded author.

Imagine having a reputation so bad that the moment it has been reported that you have been kidnapped, bashed and robbed, anyone who knows anything about you assumes IMMEDIATELY that what really happened is you got drunk, passed out and got robbed. And then witnesses emerge to confirm that notion. Must make you feel great.

It's not just reputation.  The story sounded fishy from the beginning.

Is he married or does he have a girlfriend? Kids? That's a plausible reason for a cover-up.

And, on a side note, if the stories we are hearing are true, will he get in trouble for filing a false report? If so, it appears he won't be going back to Hawaii any time soon.

No idea.  I still don't care much about the guy.  But these are some decent answers to my question.

He's a professional golfer with endorsement deals that might not be too pleased if he just admitted to being so drunk he face planted on the street and got robbed while he was passed out sleeping it off on the sidewalk.

He wouldn't be the first celebrity that filed a false report to save face (pun intended).

Joe Paradiso

None of the explanations account for why he reported a crime and made up a bizarre story rather than just hide for two weeks. Everything about this is strange. Things are not what they seem.
  • Upvote 1

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

None of the explanations account for why he reported a crime and made up a bizarre story rather than just hide for two weeks.

Everything about this is strange. Things are not what they seem.

Not saying this happened but consider...

He wakes up bleeding and busted up, his wallet is missing and he has little or no memory of what happened.  People start to ask him what happened, he assumes or lies that he was beaten up and robbed so people call the police or urge him to.  If he doesn't get the police involved people will wonder why not, especially since his wallet, credit cards and who knows what else were stolen.  He may not have wanted to call the police but he was backed into a position where he had little choice without it seeming suspicious.  From that point he's just trying to piece together what he remembers with what he's already told people into something that will hopefully be believable.

I agree it's a reach but I've seen people in similar situations act in a similar manner.  Once you tell the first lie, it's hard to not cover it with another and another..

Joe Paradiso

Why tell anybody anything about this, that's my question. Seems like he drank too much and blacked out, that's it.

Or didn't drink enough, but somehow managed to face plant on a rock? That would be pretty embarrassing. :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Not sure if this has been posted yet, I'm just catching up.

http://www.geoffshackelford.com/homepage/2015/1/22/right-on-cue-a-strip-club-enters-the-allenby-saga.html

The Honolulu Chamber of Commerce is feeling better today as the Robert Allenbykidnapping claim unravels with the shocking, stunning but slightly clichéd revelation that the Aussie went to a local strip club. He told rescuer Chris Khamis he'd been drugged. Definitely not a plot from the Taken films Allenby says he loves.

Rob Shikina in the Honolulu Star-Advertiser reports.

Moments before Australian pro golfer Robert Allenby injured himself by passing out and hitting his head on a lava rock early Saturday, he told a homeless man that he was depressed and had been drugged at a strip club where he went to get some "action."

Nothing soothes the soul wounded by a missed cut like a lap dance!

"There was no crime (when I was present). It was his stupidity," Khamis said in an interview.

Way harsh Tai! I mean Chris.

"(Allenby) passed out and hit his head. I was there. Nobody pushed him out of a car."

This is a nice image...

But when Khamis looked back at Allenby, the golfer was on the ground, bleeding.

"There he was, I was like, 'Oh, my God!'"

Khamis said he gave Allenby a stack of napkins from his bag and tried to get Allenby to focus, but Allenby kept repeating that he was a millionaire and waved around his American Express Platinum Card.

Don't leave home without it!

This story follows a Hawaii News Now item suggesting that police are skeptical of Allenby’s story and merely searching for whoever lifted Allenby’s credit card to “buy more than $10,000 worth of goods from other stores in the Ala Moana and Ward areas, including an ABC Store and an Urban Outfitters store in Waikiki.”

Update on Friday, January 23, 2015 at 11:31 AM by Geoff

**The Daily Telegraph's Aleks Devic publishes the, uh, definitive retrospective of Allenby's night as seen through the eyes of Honolulu's eloquent and classily-attired homeless population. There are a few new facts but mostly it's an excellent piecing together of information that ultimately doesn't look good for Allenby.

Allenby has touted Ms Keane as his unsung hero who saved his life. Earlier this week he gave her $1000 to say thankyou. But just hours before the cash handover, he accused her of making up a story to get paid by a television network, after Ms Keane disputed some of the golfer’s claims.

Ms Keane says she was trying to negotiate on Allenby’s behalf with her two homeless neighbours, offering them $500 cash for the return of his belongings. The two deny taking anything from Allenby.

A former military medic who saw the drama unfolding took it upon himself to intervene and put Allenby in a taxi. He paid for the ride to Allenby’s hotel, after he refused to go to hospital.

“Charade is always looking out for people. She got in trouble that night by her boyfriend because she took too long to get home,” park resident Moki said.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Not sure if this has been posted yet, I'm just catching up.

http://www.geoffshackelford.com/homepage/2015/1/22/right-on-cue-a-strip-club-enters-the-allenby-saga.html

Not the least bit surprised, the story seemed bogus from day one.

Joe Paradiso

Not the least bit surprised, the story seemed bogus from day one.

The whole thing is odd. Not a smart thing to try and cover something up by making up a kidnapping story.

Golf Channel just aired this.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/rex-hoggard/allenby-saga-takes-more-twists/

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I wonder if Honolulu is going to file a slander lawsuit?  Seems their tourist destination reputation has been trashed by all this.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Keep in mind that he had to file a police report if his cards were stolen, even if he simply passed out drunk without foul play. The bank wont do anything if you don't file a police report. Of course, that doesn't explain the differences in the story. Just saying that he couldn't just keep this quiet.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Keep in mind that he had to file a police report if his cards were stolen, even if he simply passed out drunk without foul play. The bank wont do anything if you don't file a police report. Of course, that doesn't explain the differences in the story. Just saying that he couldn't just keep this quiet.

He could easily call his bank and say I lost my credit cards, no idea where they are. No need to file a police report as far as I know. They will simply disable the credit cards, issue you a new one.. If charges already happend they will investigate from their end.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

He could easily call his bank and say I lost my credit cards, no idea where they are. No need to file a police report as far as I know. They will simply disable the credit cards, issue you a new one.. If charges already happend they will investigate from their end.

My mother in law just went through this. The bank wont call it fraud if you don't file a report. It keeps people honest and gets the cops working with them (if they even bother) to find the thief and possibly get some of the money back. This still doesn't explain the details of his story, though.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

[quote name="Abu3baid" url="/t/79330/robert-allenby-kidnapped-beaten-robbed-in-hawaii/120#post_1098494"] He could easily call his bank and say I lost my credit cards, no idea where they are. No need to file a police report as far as I know. They will simply disable the credit cards, issue you a new one.. If charges already happend they will investigate from their end.

My mother in law just went through this. The bank wont call it fraud if you don't file a report. It keeps people honest and gets the cops working with them (if they even bother) to find the thief and possibly get some of the money back. This still doesn't explain the details of his story, though.[/quote] I lost my CC and called the bank, they canceled it within 5 minutes and sent a new one that I got in a day. However, I can see that when you're robbed, it's different. They have incentive to find the criminals.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I lost my CC and called the bank, they canceled it within 5 minutes and sent a new one that I got in a day. However, I can see that when you're robbed, it's different. They have incentive to find the criminals.

Right, it's the fraud protection that requires the police report.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

Note: This thread is 3194 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!