IGNORED

Do You Remember All of Your Shots in a Round?

Aguirre
Note: This thread is 1316 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I can remember every detail of most of my rounds for a while afterwords. I don't remember stuff from last singer by now, but I can still give you a play by play of most holes in my fall tournaments, especially the state tournament and regionals.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Remember all my shots..???? Hahaha...I have to mark down each during 1 hole, so I don't forget what I made on a given hole...lol  old age has it's downsides too.. :-$

I write down if I landed in the woods, hazard, OB, or bunker. It lets me know the reason why I scored what I did on a given hole. If I scored high and don't see one of those I know I just plain sucked down the fairway.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

• 5 months later...

So I've got a challenge for those of you who can remember all of their shots each round and are interested in doing me a little favor to test out a spreadsheet. If you're willing, please do the following:

1. List a very simple summary of your round like this:

1st hole

tee from 428yds

fairway shot from 250yds

chip from 20yds (rough)

putt from 18ft

putt from 1ft

2nd hole

tee from 158yds

bunker shot from 33yds

putt from 3ft

3rd hole

tee from 567yds

ob penalty

tee from 567yds

recovery shot from 320yds in the woods

shot from rough at 250yds

pitch from 45yds fairway

putt from 2ft

Make sure you include the lie (tee, rough, fairway, sand, etc). And distance to the hole for each (yds off green, ft on green).  If it's from under a tree, make note that it's a "recovery" shot (not a full shot with full view at green or fairway). Include penalties.

2. Tell me how long it took you to do this for a round, and if you felt you were somewhat accurate from memory.

If you're willing to do these two things, I can send you some reports on the round. If you send me a couple rounds, I can even summarize those rounds for you.

I won't threadjack with posting stuff here, so you can just PM me if interested and I'll send you a reply there. I'm just looking for volunteers who have good memories of their rounds to get some feedback about some spreadsheet reports. Thanks a lot!

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Oh yeah and I remember some rounds for a few weeks. I could bore people with round details but I don't. I play Ground Hog Day golf so not much changes. A lot of it in my head. I will think you always hook it into the native area on this one and the just like that I am watching the ball dive hard left.

Dave :-)

The less shots you need to make, the easier it is to remember them all. When I was hitting 100+ strokes and panicking in between shots, it was kind of hard to remember all the shots. Now that I am making 85 or less strokes (which is still way more than I would like), and relatively relaxed while playing it is easier to remember all my strokes. Not every break of every putt, but reasonably well enough.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I would consider myself to have a very good memory, and I can't remember EVERY shot.  I just tried to do this for my last round (Saturday), and I was able to remember pretty much every drive, and the vast majority of my full swings...but not many pitches/chips/putts.  Just the exceptional (good or bad) ones.

- John

I play the same course most days. I used to do a recap on an excel spread sheet at the end of round with the basic info. I had to do it same day though, next day I found the rounds kind of blend together and I'm not sure if the was Saturdays hit or Sundays, or last year...

Never use a paragraph when a sentence will do.

I can remember about four or five rounds back; after that, it's all a blur.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

I can recall every shot for a couple rounds............  typical short term memory.

There are a few special rounds I can recall every shot dating back from a millennia ago!!....................that Byron Nelson can remember every shot from an event during the 1930s 60 years later isn't a shocker.  If it's worthy of remembering.....you will remember every shot. If a golfer can't remember, it's because there wasn't anything worth remembering.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Heck I can't remember the course I played at half the time ...much less a shot. I blame the brain plaque. :-D

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Heck I can't remember the course I played at half the time ...much less a shot.

I blame the brain plaque.

+1 on this. often a case of "yeah, i played with whats-his-face at that course, you know, the one this the trees whats his name was in".

I have a memory like siv. Where am i again?

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

I normally remember every shot in a round until the next round. I am however trying to completely erase today's round from my memory.

I normally remember every shot in a round until the next round. I am however trying to completely erase today's round from my memory.

Too late, it's probably ingrained in your long term memory by now. :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I'm decidedly on the bad end of round memory.  Walking off 18 I can probably step shot by shot through my round with a little effort.  Later that night I'd bet I could correctly recall maybe 3/4 of my shots.  Next day, only the memorable ones/holes.  Even my best rounds, I only remember a few holes.  My best round ever, I remember the crazy eagle I made driving right, hitting a 2h through a ridiculously tiny window in the trees to ~5 feet, then sinking the putt.  And I remember that I birdied the long par 3 17th, but I can't actually remember the shot.  And I can't remember any other particular shot from the round.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Very interesting question, had to think about my league last night and sure enough I remember every shot, now I'm a little depressed, didn't play well. Which leads me to believe I'm better off not remembering it, but if i think about it I could remember at least 2-3 of my previous rounds probably because they were only days ago.

Yes I can and I think most avid golfers can too.

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

When I first started out, my rounds seemed like blurs, where only the few really good and bad shots were burned into memory.  This season I can replay almost every hole in my head after a round.  I guess I'm finally comfortable with my swing so I'm more focused on what I want to do with each individual shot and that's why they are more prominent in my mind afterwards.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 1316 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!