IGNORED

The 2015 Newport Cup

iacas
Note: This thread is 3051 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone, looking forward to a memorable event and golfing with an abundant of premier golf fanatic's.

Although, if I were a betting man, I would have to wager the West Coast Team will be victorious.

They have a slight edge over the East coast guys who play a much different style of golf courses than Desert Golf.

Also, they have a much better Captain !!!

Club Rat

Welcome!

Well for your sake good thing you are not a betting man then!

A much better Captain?? Wow, wasting no time with the niceties. Going straight for the jugular are we?

Yupp, this is going to be fun!

Vishal S.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I want to partake in the trash talking, but the high schooler in me keeps coming back with yo mama jokes lol.

However, the west team is so tough, we top our bloody marys off with some rattle snake venom.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Not trash talking, but when I was in Milwaukee I had a Bloody Mary garnished with a Usinger's sausage, and served with a pony-bottle of Miller High Life.  Breakfast of Champions!! :beer:

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• Administrator
However, the west team is so tough, we top our bloody marys off with some rattle snake venom.

Your captain is afraid of snakes. Even the ones the size of a small worm. So there.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Your captain is afraid of snakes. Even the ones the size of a small worm. So there.

There's no snakes in Arizona, right?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

You must not miss many fairways? lol...this picture was taken on a phoenix golf course.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

No.  I'm pretty sure that they all skipped town when the governor signed that law that said all illegals (vertebrate or otherwise) had to carry their papers at all times.

You must not miss many fairways? lol...this picture was taken on a phoenix golf course.

I played Pinnacle Peak CC a couple years ago and there was a big one on the cart path near the first green.

And the "fear" is more of an "ick" factor than a fear of getting injury or something like that.

Mike McLoughlin

I played Pinnacle Peak CC a couple years ago and there was a big one on the cart path near the first green.

And the "fear" is more of an "ick" factor than a fear of getting injury or something like that.

Our captain may not be a big fan of them, but I am ...

I've heard snakes are like bulls. They attack when they see red.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

No snake-fear shame from me. Once a garden snake slid past me when I was cutting the grass and I ran at a full sprint for about thirty seconds before I stopped.

Our captain may not be a big fan of them, but I am ...

Jesus Christ.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Playing in in a tournament down in Pueblo Colorado (Walking Stick Golf Course) I once had a rattlesnake seek refuge from the sun underneath my bag while I was putting. I went to grab my putter headcover, which I usually toss under the bag while I putt, and found the headcover to have been displaced. That one scared me a bit for sure.

Jesus Christ.

The pic of @Golfingdad does not in any way represent the views and opinions of the Red Team :-P

Mike McLoughlin

I want to congratulate @Club Rat on his getting onto the team, and I hope he enjoys the victory that much more. [quote name="mvmac" url="/t/80658/the-2015-newport-cup/270#post_1184063"]There's no snakes in Arizona, right?[/quote] They have two sports teams named after types of snakes, but going from the precedent that there are neither lakes nor clipper ships in Los Angeles, I'd say you're safe.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I want to congratulate @Club Rat on his getting onto the team, and I hope he enjoys the victory that much more.

They have two sports teams named after types of snakes, but going from the precedent that there are neither lakes nor clipper ships in Los Angeles, I'd say you're safe.

Have faith Shindig, the West Coast Team will be drinking "Champs" pane from the Newport Cup this year.

The East Coast has no clue about the "Jumping Cholla's"  in the Desert which awaits their wayward shots.

I'm going to give a little advice to the East Coast members - "Pack a pair of needle nose pliers and welding gloves in your bag" you'll wish you had them when you need them.

Also, carry several clubs if you venture off "Las Sendas" which translates in Spanish "the Pathways" and is also the name of one of the toughest golf courses in AZ.

Club Rat

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

The East Coast has no clue about the "Jumping Cholla's"  in the Desert which awaits their wayward shots.

I'm going to give a little advice to the East Coast members - "Pack a pair of needle nose pliers and welding gloves in your bag" you'll wish you had them when you need them.

I've seen the jumping cholla before, I think I got within maybe 10 paces of it.  Now, I've never played at Moon Valley, do they have cactus in the fairway there?

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Note: This thread is 3051 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!