IGNORED

Jason, Amanda Dufner Getting a Divorce

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3266 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by skydog

I won't even bother touching this one.

Yeah, because my position is so unreasonable and crazy.

Count me as another one that would have an issue with my wife posting half-naked pics of herself.....

Not trying to be disagreeable here, but I would think you are in the minority on this line of thinking @jbishop15 .

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

To the people that claim Amanda is gold-digger: Maybe she didn’t like the travel or just being on the sidelines? How the hell do we know Jason didn’t post those pics? Maybe they grew apart? Maybe he didn’t want kids and she did? Show some hard evidence that she conspired and married only for money. Doc
  • Upvote 2

I'm angry because this thread is full of sexist garbage, and I find that disgusting. The conclusion he is deriving has no basis in actual, established fact, but in some sort of cultural insecurity and bias when it comes to men and women. There's a lot of talk about things like the friendzone (not in this thread, obviously), and how women only like a certain type of man, but when that is bucked and people like the Dufner's get married, it's assumed that Amanda is a gold digger.

Also, don't give me that crap about "this is an internet forum whose purpose is to allow folks to discuss their opinions", because I'm not trying to limit his ability to express his opinion. I'm exercising my right to free speech by calling his opinion idiotic and discriminatory. Also, it's pretty hilarious that you drop the "unless of course you know her and factually realize that position is incorrect" line on me, when Quadhole is literally calling Amanda Dufner a gold digger (and by implication an awful human being) when HE DOESNT KNOW HER AT ALL.

I think you're a bit sexist in thinking the term "gold digger" only applies to women.  Men and women can be gold diggers, I don't consider it a sexist term it's a term that brings into question a persons intentions,ethics and sincerity about the relationship they enter into.

If someone wants to prove they are not a "gold digger" they can exit a relationship with what they came into it with or an equal share of what he/she contributed to the accumulation of the couples combined assets.

Joe Paradiso

I think you're a bit sexist in thinking the term "gold digger" only applies to women.  Men and women can be gold diggers, I don't consider it a sexist term it's a term that brings into question a persons intentions,ethics and sincerity about the relationship they enter into.

If someone wants to prove they are not a "gold digger" they can exit a relationship with what they came into it with or an equal share of what he/she contributed to the accumulation of the couples combined assets.

He's (rightfully) calling out some people for being sexist on this thread and you're calling him a sexist for that?  Nowhere in his post did I see mention that men couldn't be golddiggers, but that's not really related here anyway.

(Kinda reminds me of the argument that some religious fanatic would make when somebody is calling out there bigotted views.  "Stop trying to oppress my oppression!!!" - BTW, not AT ALL saying that YOU are the one being sexist, just that you are making that argument on their behalf. ;))

He's (rightfully) calling out some people for being sexist on this thread and you're calling him a sexist for that?  Nowhere in his post did I see mention that men couldn't be golddiggers, but that's not really related here anyway.

(Kinda reminds me of the argument that some religious fanatic would make when somebody is calling out there bigotted views.  "Stop trying to oppress my oppression!!!" - BTW, not AT ALL saying that YOU are the one being sexist, just that you are making that argument on their behalf. ;))

I might have misunderstood his argument, but he's calling people sexist because they are calling Amanda a gold digger.  My point is gold digger imo isn't a female only term.  If Jason was gay and Amanda was a great looking gay guy with all the circumstances being the same, people might still reach the same conclusion that the good looking person entered the relationship for personal financial gain.

Joe Paradiso

I might have misunderstood his argument, but he's calling people sexist because they are calling Amanda a gold digger.  My point is gold digger imo isn't a female only term.  If Jason was gay and Amanda was a great looking gay guy with all the circumstances being the same, people might still reach the same conclusion that the good looking person entered the relationship for personal financial gain.

Given the other things accompanying the gold digger posts, I think he's making a pretty fair assessment of their sexism.

Certainly you are right that men can be gold diggers too, but I think he's accurate in his assumption about those he's calling out here.

OK!  Let's all take it down a notch before things get out of hand and posters get restricted.  Any name calling or blatant crapping on another poster will get your restricted.

That is all.   Have a nice day.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Yeah, guess I can't handle all the labeling everyone likes to throw around these days. You say something negative about a chick, it's sexism, about a black guy, it's racism, you marry 2 women and you're accused of bigamism (oh wait, that one might be accurate). Just make your argument without labeling your opponent. No one loves women as much as I but I can definitely see why some might question Amanda's motives. Is that a sexist opinion? Hell no.
  • Upvote 1

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

And when it comes right down to it, it is none of our damn business anyway.

Wow, up to 10 pages.

What a bunch of busybodies.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

anybody want to start a poll to settle this thing once and for all ... may I suggest (I would do it, but I sense I am already on thin ice :whistle: )

GOLD DIGGER:

- of course (smoking hot babe marries chunky golfer right at upswing of career, pockets $2.5M after 3 years & is set for life - looks like 1 foot gimme to me).

- no way (they're obviously different personalities and incompatible by nature, surprised it lasted this long).

- not enough evidence to be convinced one way or the other (leave them alone, it's their business).

• Upvote 1

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

anybody want to start a poll to settle this thing once and for all ... may I suggest (I would do it, but I sense I am already on thin ice  )

GOLD DIGGER:

- of course (smoking hot babe marries chunky golfer right at upswing of career, pockets $2.5M after 3 years & is set for life - looks like 1 foot gimme to me).

- no way (they're obviously different personalities and incompatible by nature, surprised it lasted this long).

- not enough evidence to be convinced one way or the other (leave them alone, it's their business).

Go ahead.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Yeah, guess I can't handle all the labeling everyone likes to throw around these days. You say something negative about a chick, it's sexism, about a black guy, it's racism, you marry 2 women and you're accused of bigamism (oh wait, that one might be accurate).

Just make your argument without labeling your opponent. No one loves women as much as I but I can definitely see why some might question Amanda's motives. Is that a sexist opinion? Hell no.

^^This.

Go ahead.

The answers in the poll should be: - Yes, She Is - No, She isn't - We have no idea because we have almost zero information The third one would win in a landslide.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Go ahead.

The answers in the poll should be:

- Yes, She Is

- No, She isn't

- We have no idea because we have almost zero information

The third one would win in a landslide.

true ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

To the people that claim Amanda is gold-digger:

Maybe she didn’t like the travel or just being on the sidelines? How the hell do we know Jason didn’t post those pics?

Maybe they grew apart? Maybe he didn’t want kids and she did?

Show some hard evidence that she conspired and married only for money.

Doc

If we need hard evidence for anything like this, no sense in having a conversation about it. or about the WD... Never going to be hard evidence on anything until it is over, even then, someone could state it is just an opinion.

Maybe because you are a doc, have clients that could post here, and a public reputation to uphold, you take the midddle ground on all views as to never have a reason to explain an opinion. Everyone has to wonder if you would make the same claim if you didn't have a face on the board. Then again, even if you state that you would say the same thing - I have no HARD EVIDENCE to prove other wise.

Things are as they look 98% of the time. She doesnt deserve the 2% MAYBE view on a GOLF forum. She can get that 2% girl support on a mabaline makeup forum... Or a brazilian wax forum. She is who she looks like and so is he. THere are always going to be maybe this or that...

Maybe I will go out and shoot a 65 tomorrow. For a stranger to say BS ! to that... He would be making a great call... The guy that follows him and states... You never know, isn't and is wasting his breath...

Things are as they look 98% of the time. She doesnt deserve the 2% MAYBE view on a GOLF forum. She can get that 2% girl support on a mabaline makeup forum... Or a brazilian wax forum. She is who she looks like and so is he. THere are always going to be maybe this or that...

This is the paradigm of sexism. I really hope you understand that.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Gotta love all the pseudo-liberal, politically correct guys on this forum...the country and this forum have  been emasculated.

Now I'm going to return to heaping spoonfuls of gunpowder in my budweiser and sprinkling baby seal fat on my wheaties.

• Upvote 3

Gotta love all the pseudo-liberal, politically correct guys on this forum...the country and this forum have  been emasculated.

Now I'm going to return to heaping spoonfuls of gunpowder in my budweiser and sprinkling baby seal fat on my wheaties.

OK?

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Note: This thread is 3266 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!