IGNORED

Where do you leave your phone while playing?

Scotsclaff
Note: This thread is 3277 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Where do you leave your phone while playing?

• Home.
    • The car.
    • The locker.
    • In your pocket turned off.
    • In your pocket turned on.

I voted in my pocket turned on, but I don't keep it in my pocket and it is definitely on silent. It is usually in the cart or in my bag, and I check for text messages infrequently, and usually don't answer unless it is an emergency. I did make one exception last week when someone texted about a car I had on Craigslist and I happened to see it. I did not slow play.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Depends. If I'm using it as a scorecard and for gps, then it's in my pocket silent. If I'm not it's in the cart on silent. I have to have my phone with me and on at all times because I'm the only IT person where I work so I'm on call 24/7 365.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

None of the above.  It goes in my bag on silent with my keys and wallet.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

None of the above.  It goes in my bag on silent with my keys and wallet.

+1, same format over here.

Driver:     TaylorMade Jetspeed, stiff

Fws:        Taylormade RBZ 5 wood

Hybrids:   TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 rescue 3H

Irons:      Callaway X2 Hot Pro

Wedges:  Cleveland CG16 54*/14

Ping Glide WS 58*

Putter:     TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs

In the cart with the sound off. My golf GPS is on my phone so I take it on the course every time I play.
my get up and go musta got up and went..

Usually in the soft pocket of my bag with my keys and wallet.  It's nearly impossible to hear, and I usually ride, so even harder to.  I don't answer hardly ever and silent it if I think about it.

I like my pants pockets empty when playing (even if denim, or cargo shorts).  Usually just a spare ball, tees and marker.  The repair tool is clipped to my pocket or hat.

I used to leave wallet and phone in the car, but it's not a good idea.  You need the wallet to buy food and drinks.  I was happy to have my phone one round where the cart battery ran out - called the clubhouse and they brought a replacement cart immediately.  This happened a second time at a much higher end course.  The cart ran so low but still moved VERY Slowly and couldn't climb hills.  They promised but FAILED to bring a new cart and we rode the last 3 holes at a crawling pace - sometimes one person would have to get out and walk or push a little even.  A few times we've run late and I've called to inform late to events.  I also take pictures sometimes.

If someone is pissy about a phone being in the general area of them, they usually aren't any fun to play with anyway - it's a pretty minor deal.

Bill - 

I used to keep it in my bag on vibrate.  Now that I use GolfLogix it is in my pocket.  If time permits I may check messages, etc.  If I am playing alone and no one behind me I may take a call from time to time.

Bill Z.

:ping: G15 Driver
:tmade: RBZ Stage 2 3 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 5 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 7 wood
:tmade: Burner 2.0 4I-AW
:cleveland: CG15 56
DLR Hog 1005D Putter

In cart cup holder. Unfortunately mobile office means I am never away from it. Sometimes when alone I have to turn ringer all the way up. Often rings mid swing.

Dave :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkim291968

I keep mine at home.

same here - refuse to be held hostage to the phone .....only bring it on long road trips for AAA

I'm certainly not tied to mine.  I still forget it half the time when I leave the house, but since my calendar and grocery/shopping list all reside on the phone now, it's become at least a semi necessity.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Until I started using the Game Golf app, I would keep it in my bag, safely away from sharp scratchy objects and would check it at my leisure as necessary, mostly for sports scores or texting someone. I have it on silent 99% of the time in life generally, so I don't do anything different. Kinda don't care if someone else's cell phone goes off once or twice a round though in their bag. Seems like an unnecessary grumpiness; that person probably has a decent reason for wanting to hear they have a call. It's not that annoying unless it's happening every 5 minutes or something.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Until I started using the Game Golf app, I would keep it in my bag, safely away from sharp scratchy objects and would check it at my leisure as necessary, mostly for sports scores or texting someone. I have it on silent 99% of the time in life generally, so I don't do anything different. Kinda don't care if someone else's cell phone goes off once or twice a round though in their bag. Seems like an unnecessary grumpiness; that person probably has a decent reason for wanting to hear they have a call. It's not that annoying unless it's happening every 5 minutes or something.

this  ^

Bill - 

In my golf bag, usually turned on. I'm not one of those annoying people who are always on their phones -- I have it on only because of the potential for a family emergency. I'm not in a line of work in which the phone is a necessity. It seldom rings while I'm on the course, but when it does I check the number and if I don't recognize it I let it go to voicemail.

Just my .02 worth.

What's in the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade Rocketballz (non-adjustable), 10.5 degrees, stock graphite shaft R flex
Hybrids: Kasco, 17 and 25 degrees, stock graphite shafts
Irons: Golfsmith Tour Cavity Forged, 4-PW, graphite shafts R, 2 degrees upright
Wedges: TaylorMade Black Oxide, 52, 56, and 60 degrees, graphite shafts
Putter: Rife Barbados w/SuperStroke grip 
Ball: Bridgestone RXS

I have mine in pocket on vibrate. Being self employed, gotta have it. If someone calls (they usually text), can buy enough time to finish the round. I have a welding/machine shop. When companies break down, I have to go. Jack

Jack

[LEFT][/LEFT]Sitting in the cart, on, and the volume all the way up so I can hear it if it rings. My buddy's is also connected to the Bluetooth speaker so we can listen to music as we play. We can both multi-task, and neither of us gets distracted easily. Nor are we good enough that a little distraction is likely to have much of an impact to our game. :-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

only bring it on long road trips for AAA

Oddly ... I bring mine on trips for AAA ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

I keep mine in my bag.  Typically on silent.

I try to clear all obligations when I golf.  It helps me clear my mind, and I can enjoy it more.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

In my pocket on vibrate.  I use Golfshot GPS to keep score and track stats.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

Note: This thread is 3277 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!