IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 2979 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I completely agree that Congresses inability to act is really an important part of government.  The founders didn't believe laws should be passed too quickly and neither do I.

Too often people look to the government to do something when, in many cases, the best thing the government can do is get their hands out of an issue and get out of the way.

I agree, which is what baffles me about many republicans who want smaller government and less govt interference.
Yet they want to restrict voters rights.

Tell people who they can or cannot marry,

tell a women she cant do something with her body.

and so on......

" "That government is best which governs the least , because its people discipline themselves," -T Jefferson

I cant wait until Trump takes office and was can truely be free, except we will have to endure all the trump monuments he spends our tax dollars building!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The whole "it's not the most important thing on the agenda so why are they 'wasting time'" argument is silly.

I agree; it's one of my least favorite political criticisms. The government isn't a singular person, so the opportunity cost perspective doesn't apply very well.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Interesting article.

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/youre-not-going-to-believe-this-but-apparently-donald-trump-cheats-at-golf

Quote:
By Joel Beall

For once, we have a Donald Trump golf story that doesn't involve racism, sexism or environmental damage. Instead, it's about the Donald's actual game.

And -- we hope you're sitting down -- the Donald apparently doesn't play by the rules.

In a piece for the Washington Post, writer Ben Terris examines the 2016 Republican candidate's reputation as a cheat on the golf course. Testimonials from former Sports Illustrated editor Mark Mulvoy and rock singer Alice Cooper paint Trump as an unabashed fraud when it comes to his scorecard.

"“The worst celebrity golf cheat?” Cooper said. “I wish I could tell you that. It would be a shocker. I played with Donald Trump one time. That’s all I’m going to say.”

This isn't a new revelation; Rick Reilly's 2003 book Who's Your Caddy? details Trump's liberal interpretation of golf's rule book.

"Make sure you write that I play my first ball," Trump told Reilly. "You don’t get a second ball in life." As Reilly would later comment, this was true, save for the mulligans Trump took on three holes, including, in Reilly's words, "the world's first gimmie chip-in."

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogielicious View Post

Interesting article.

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/youre-not-going-to-believe-this-but-apparently-donald-trump-cheats-at-golf

Quote:
By Joel Beall

For once, we have a Donald Trump golf story that doesn't involve racism, sexism or environmental damage. Instead, it's about the Donald's actual game.

And -- we hope you're sitting down -- the Donald apparently doesn't play by the rules.

In a piece for the Washington Post, writer Ben Terris examines the 2016 Republican candidate's reputation as a cheat on the golf course. Testimonials from former Sports Illustrated editor Mark Mulvoy and rock singer Alice Cooper paint Trump as an unabashed fraud when it comes to his scorecard.

"“The worst celebrity golf cheat?” Cooper said. “I wish I could tell you that. It would be a shocker. I played with Donald Trump one time. That’s all I’m going to say.”

This isn't a new revelation; Rick Reilly's 2003 book Who's Your Caddy? details Trump's liberal interpretation of golf's rule book.

"Make sure you write that I play my first ball," Trump told Reilly. "You don’t get a second ball in life." As Reilly would later comment, this was true, save for the mulligans Trump took on three holes, including, in Reilly's words, "the world's first gimmie chip-in."

Narcissistic Personality Disorder at its norm.   He had to look good when he looks at that mirror of his.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogielicious View Post

Interesting article.

Quote:
By Joel Beall

Sounds like Trump and Kim Jong il would have been great golf partners (from http://news.cybergolf.com/golf_news/alltime_golf_scoring_record_goes_with_death_of_kim_jong_il :)

Quote:
During his reign as the unquestioned, unchallenged leader of the secretive nation, Kim, according to official North Korean state media reports, routinely shot three or four holes-in-one per round of golf.

But in the 1990s - another moment in time when an event in North Korea varies (some say it happened in 1991 and others in 1994), the late dictator, then 50 (or 53) years old, set a golfing standard that will assuredly never be surpassed. It occurred at the grand opening of the Pyongyang Golf Complex, which contains North Korea's only 18-hole golf course.

After picking up a golf club that day for the very first time in his life, the Dear Leader of the Democratic People's Republic of North Korea fired a 38-under-par round of 34 at Pyongyang. According to the 17 security guards who observed the performance, the score included an amazing 11 aces. Naturally, the event was dutifully reported to the North Korean masses by the state news agency.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-news/the-9-most-outrageous-things-charlie-sheen-has-done-since-his-meltdown-002741610.html

"Wilson compared volatile Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump to Sheen in an August interview, sending Sheen straight to Twitter. While the Major League star had bashed Trump           before, calling him "a shame pile of idiocy" and more, he had obviously changed his mind. "If Trump will hv me I'd be his VP in a heartbeat! #TrumpSheen16," he wrote. You're hired?"

hahaha

What a story that would be?! Perfect couple in office!

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

One thing good about Trump's presidency bid is that it serves as another (but loudest) wake up call to both parties that Americans are sick and tired of the political establishments.  I hope it spreads to lesser political positions and replace inept career politicians whose sole purpose in life is to get reelected or to advanced to higher position.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

One thing good about Trump's presidency bid is that it serves as another (but loudest) wake up call to both parties that Americans are sick and tired of the political establishments.  I hope it spreads to lesser political positions and replace inept career politicians whose sole purpose in life is to get reelected or to advanced to higher position.

I agree 100%.  I'll be happy to pack up any politicians (republican or democrat) office who's been in it for more than six year. :beer:

Joe Paradiso

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkim291968

I agree 100%.  I'll be happy to pack up any politicians (republican or democrat) office who's been in it for more than six year.

6 years sounds about right.   Cheers!

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I agree 100%.  I'll be happy to pack up any politicians (republican or democrat) office who's been in it for more than six year.   :beer:

Hell, I'd go so far as agreeing to bounce every single person on their 2nd term or beyond, even if that puts the Congress in Dem control because reasonableness would win out in the end. The folks who think some sort of continuity is required in order for Congress to run successfully have been drinking the Kool-aid of career politicians who offer this as an argument against term limits. One term, period. Extend reps to 4 yrs, sure. But this would prevent these morons from working on their next election as soon as they take the oath, which is what they do now. I'm tired of them all, which is why Trump, Carson, and Fiorina appeal to me and so many others.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Hell, I'd go so far as agreeing to bounce every single person on their 2nd term or beyond, even if that puts the Congress in Dem control because reasonableness would win out in the end.

The folks who think some sort of continuity is required in order for Congress to run successfully have been drinking the Kool-aid of career politicians who offer this as an argument against term limits.

One term, period. Extend reps to 4 yrs, sure. But this would prevent these morons from working on their next election as soon as they take the oath, which is what they do now.

I'm tired of them all, which is why Trump, Carson, and Fiorina appeal to me and so many others.

Without the opportunity to run again there's no reason for politicians to make side deals with businesses for re-election campaigns.  I'd also like to see intense audits on all elected officials to identify the source of every dollar that they make.  We need to clean Washington up and get people into office that really want to fix the country not line their pockets with money.

Joe Paradiso

Without the opportunity to run again there's no reason for politicians to make side deals with businesses for re-election campaigns.  I'd also like to see intense audits on all elected officials to identify the source of every dollar that they make.  We need to clean Washington up and get people into office that really want to fix the country not line their pockets with money.

Not just businesses but the framework of Congress itself. They become beholden to their party chairs who hold the purse strings for their reelection campaigns so even the most good-hearted newly elects learn very quickly to go along with the leaders or they're not getting any help for their reelection. It's fkn ludicrous.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

GolfDigest Q&A; with Donald Trump:

You’ve become a major player in golf. How would you compare the way you’ve reached that station to how you’ve become a major political player in your run for President?

I think very different in one way, and very similar in another. My golf is very high end. Great locations, great courses, highly acclaimed. And the word quality is important. I get things done, but I like to say I get it done with superb quality. I have locations that are good for many other things. So I’m not necessarily stuck in the world of golf. But I choose to be. But I have land that is so valuable, that if I ever wanted to do housing on it, as an example, but I just don’t choose to do that.

For government, you have to do it differently, but I think the quality of what we would do would be much better. Our infrastructure has to be rebuilt. Our bridges are literally crumbling. They need work and nobody is doing anything. Our roads, our schools, our airports. So I think I’d start a process where we would have a much higher quality at a much lesser cost. I think there would be far better management. You look at the vets, how badly they’ve been treated. Reports have come out that 300,000 vets have died waiting to get into the Veteran’s administration.

It’s probably at the worst point it’s ever been. So I think the management of the country would be much better. And I think I get great credit for management, not only for my golf courses but the way I manage the company.

I respect lean and mean, but I don’t think my style is lean and mean. I spend more money than I would have to. But I like to see it perfect. And I see a lot of people who spend a lot of money and don’t make it perfect, and that’s the worst of all combinations.

There is tremendous fat in government. A lot can be cut. We have to, because look at the budget deficits that we have. Look at the money that we owe. We owe $19 trillion. That’s hard to believe. That’s a big job when you think of it.

But one thing about government, you have to manage, but you also have to manage with a heart. You need heart. In golf you don’t have to manage with heart. Or in business you don’t necessarily have to manage with heart. But in government you do have to manage with heart. And I understand that.

It's a long piece. I like him a lot better in this sort of setting than when he's in front of a camera. Much less sensationalism, attention grabbing stuff.

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/donald-trump-on-golf-and-the-presidency

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

GolfDigest Q&A; with Donald Trump:

It's a long piece. I like him a lot better in this sort of setting than when he's in front of a camera. Much less sensationalism, attention grabbing stuff.

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/donald-trump-on-golf-and-the-presidency

I agree, this shows him in a better light.  I've enjoyed his books but his television persona (Apprentice, election press conferences) is too obnoxious for me.  A little of that persona came out in the interview when he spoke about his golf course.

Joe Paradiso

Trumpy Cat :-D

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Trumpy Cat   :-D [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/131494/] [/URL]

Shorty?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 2979 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!