IGNORED

Your 150 yd Club

Costanza1980
Note: This thread is 3117 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What club do you hit for 150 yds?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What club do you hit for 150 yds?

• 5 iron
    • 6 iron
    • 7 iron
    • 8 iron
    • 9 iron
    • PW
    • fairway wood/hybrid

With the G30 irons my 150yd club was a stock 9 iron. Ive just now recently switched back to I25 irons and I have to make good contact with my 8 iron to get it out to 150. Im thinking about sending them back in to get the lofts adjusted because the rest of my bag was set up to the gapping of the G30 irons.

You are correct. The i25 lofts are weak compared to every other iron set I have owned. I did like my i20's, but I like my rsi2's better.

• 2 weeks later...

Whomever did the poll forgot the potential for someone to hit a Fairway wood... From 150 yards.

I added fairway wood/hybrid to the poll. We can do that now with the new site and not have to start the poll from scratch.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If I need to carry 150, 7 iron. If I can roll it up to 150, 8 iron.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

(edited)

My 9i has become my 150 club. It's not good for much more at all. I find that my 8i tends to fly a little further than 150. With that being said, if I have to fly water, then I'll pull my 8i every time.

Edited by TN94z

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

150 yards is my 7 iron if it has room to roll up to the target, otherwise it is my 6 iron. I am really wondering how people can hit 9 irons or even PW that far, I'm quite young, but it seems impossible to me to hit my 9 iron that far..

(edited)

150 yards is my 7 iron if it has room to roll up to the target, otherwise it is my 6 iron. I am really wondering how people can hit 9 irons or even PW that far, I'm quite young, but it seems impossible to me to hit my 9 iron that far..

It's hard to compare yourself with others because of the many factors involved. Could be as simple as your equipment.. I have Mizuno MP32s. My 150 club was originally a 7i.  As I started getting better compression and ball contact, it slowly went up. Eventually, my 8i was going a bit too far from around 150.  I wasn't all that great and backing off clubs so I had to use the 9i.

Edited by TN94z

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

It's hard to compare yourself with others because of the many factors involved. Could be as simple as your equipment.. I have Mizuno MP32s. My 150 club was originally a 7i.  As I started getting better compression and ball contact, it slowly went up. Eventually, my 8i was going a bit too far from around 150.  I wasn't all that great and backing off clubs so I had to use the 9i.

Thats true, let's improve my swing to make it as well:-)

This guy has a point!!

Ill tell u my 150 yard club in a sec but first i want to show you the fountain of golf. My pure love for the game led me to this point and id really like to share with anyone who will listen. I tell everyone who will listen but esp noobs or higher handicaps. I want the lowest score possible, the easiest way possible, and i dont wanna be golf mad, i want to have a blast while doing it. I pondered that for a long time. When i figured out the solution, i googled it and what d' ya know? Im not so crazy after all. IT DOESNT MATTER!!! Ive shot legit rounds in the 80s and at 32 years of age in pretty decent shape i CANT hit it over 193 at the moment. DISTANCE is helpful but NOT required. If u are playing the correct tees all par 4s should be right at 400 or less. Lets say 368 is the average. Hit ur 6 150. Hit ur six again 150. U are now 68 yards from the green. Take a wedge and hit the ball to the fattest portion of the green. Make a putt and u have a par. 2 putt and u have a bogey. Bogey golf is good golf unless ur on tour. Try it and i doubt you will care what club u hit 150. If u think im crazy, google plugged in golf how to break 90. They confirmed my little plan was unorthodox but not crazy. 2nd try out with it i went from shooting high 90s to shooting a 88. SORRY, Had to say all that. To answer ur ?, i hit my 8 iron 150. When i do use woods and im hitting it well, i get it out there about 220. (Lol and that game plan usually gets me a 92. If im hitting the woods well...if not hit well and i follow that plan....hello 104.)

150 used to be an easy 7i, lately, I have to lean on a 7i to get it out to 150 yds ... very strange.    My yardages are all almost a club shorter as of late - I have a feeling I'm flipping ... working to fix it

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Properly it's my 7 iron, but on days when I'm just not making good contact, I'll pull the 6 iron, then nuke it over the green. :doh:

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

You guys keep making me question myself. When I'm on the course and have 150-160 to center I pretty much always pull 9 iron and it seems to go the right distance given calm conditions and an approach that's relatively level. It could just be that my clubs have stronger lofts I suppose.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

You guys keep making me question myself. When I'm on the course and have 150-160 to center I pretty much always pull 9 iron and it seems to go the right distance given calm conditions and an approach that's relatively level. It could just be that my clubs have stronger lofts I suppose.

There's 4 votes for PW. . .you'll need to lift more weights to keep up. :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

There's 4 votes for PW. . .you'll need to lift more weights to keep up. :-D

Well, I have been known to use the PW for 150 from time to time, but I am trying to dial back and hit more controlled shots with my wedges instead of all out swings.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Note: This thread is 3117 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!