IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Home course, windy day. 39-35 = 74 (+2). After that played another 9 holes with 2 balls, shoot 36-38 = 74 (+2). 

Been trying to reduce my lateral dispersion with my long shots. Apparently i did it better by swinging slower, maybe 10 yards shorter with driver and no yards lost with irons. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot an 80 yesterday, 12 GIR but the killer was that I had 39 putts.  Normally average 32 so very disappointing given it was the best I've ever played tee to green.  Should of easily beaten my best score of 76. Got an epic sub zero and the new M1 3wood recently and they have been phenomenal upgrades ??

Shot 109, this was Wednesday, 02/08/2017 in the men's club championship. I made 19 on a par 3. I was playing in the group with our single digit index players, and my 17 index  was doing well until we arrived at hole #8, par 3, 175 yards. Our 2.7 index hit his ball in the water, I followed him by shanking my first ball and every ball in my bag into the water. I borrowed a ball and I finally cleared the water and crossed land on the other side, but that ball rolled into the water on the other side. I walked off that hole with a big 19. The next hole was a par 5 and still shanking,  I shot a 9. I followed that with a 7 on #10 par 4. I finally made a 5 on #11 par 4, at which time I declared to the group that "I was back". I made a par on #12 par 3, and for the rest of the round I made a few pars and bogeys, total 109.  

While the shanking was going on I was in shock, and didn't know how to stop it, but I had no intention of quitting and walking away. I didn't go off and curse and act a fool, kept thinking positively and eventually I got through it. Truthfully it did not affect me in a negative way. The next day we played a match play tournament on the same course and my partner and I were  2 down and came back and won 4&3.  I played well and made a bogey on the #8 par 3, but that bogey tied the hole.

I played with the low index player for the first two days of the club championship and it was a very good experience for me. My drives were as accurate as theirs and just as long, except for one player with the 2.7 index. He was untouchable long. I hit some great iron shots as well. But as we know what separates the low index from the high index, like me, is their consistency. These low index players were consistently hitting fairways and greens and then two putting.  I wasn't as consistent, but it was great to see how easy the game can be. 

And of course there was an audience to my 19, including the men's club president. I've gotten a lot of good natured ribbing and talk of putting a plack on the hole in my honor and changing my name to "tin cup". I got a lot of positives from playing with the low index players and the 19 strokes on the par 3, but it was all worth it.     

• Upvote 2

74 yesterday morning at the home course.  It was probably the worst number I could have shot actually.  I hit the ball really well after the first couple holes but the greens were very firm and fast and the wind was blowing pretty good.  I struggled to get the ball close to the hole at times...even from 50-90 yards.  I hit 13 greens but only had a couple putts inside 15 feet for birdie.  Slightly frustrating but it was good to get out and put a handful of things I've been working on into a round.

Progress.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Shot an 80 with 28 putts. I was heading for an 82, but that par 3, weird bounce, eagle help out. :dance:

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Had 85, not happy with my irons, hit some very poor iron shots after having good tee shots, back to range for some serious practice with middle irons.

Titleist 915 D2-10.5°, Titleist 915 F 15°, PING G25 16.5°, PING G30 Hybrid 19°
PING G25 4-W, Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 48°/52°
Rife Bimini Island Series Putter, PING DLX Bag
Sureshot Rangefinder, PING Sensor Glove, Srixon Q star Balls.

Yesterday I shot my usual 83.   I say "usual" because I always break 90, and have never broken 80.  

Had the unusual experience of playing through a group on the very first hole.   Nice of them to let us through.  

Back to my round.   Still trying to break 80, analyzing why I still haven't done it, trying to figure out where I can pick up some strokes, and finding that it's all over the place, and I just have to play better golf. 

Case in point, back 9, par 5, good drive, fatted my layup shot, faded my approach into a greenside bunker, hit the bunker shot thin and over the green, easy chip shot, chipped 20 feet short of the hole, 2-putted for double bogey.  

Or, 3rd hole, hit a beautiful drive that just caught a slope and rolled into the water.  That was kind of a mental error. 

Or, 4th hole,  hit my drive just a little too far left and wound up behind a tree and had to chip out.  

Or, 9th hole, hit my drive low and to the left and kind of short, leaving me a 4-hybrid to the green, which I hit flush, but I was left with a 25 foot downhill putt, and I 3-putted. 

On the other hand, I had 2 birdies. 

So near to, and yet so far from, the ever-elusive 79.  

Edited by Marty2019

70 degrees today in the DC area

Smooth 38-39-77 with 2 doubles (ugh) and one birdie.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

• Administrator

Mid-70s. On a few swings I will admit to trying to really exaggerate my swing piece. On others I tried to just "score." I played a high/low/total Nassau with a partner against another set of two of my college players. We won two points on #9 to square the front, and won the back nine to take $4. ;-)

Itw as good to just get out, and when I made my "normal" swing without trying to do my piece, the same results were there as always, so I can still score okay.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I have worked so hard this past week (video analysis, 1 lesson, range, drills at home) to stop the over the top (chicken wing) swing,  that today caused another huge problem on the course.  Was hitting everything right. So I Googled, "why am I hitting everything right".  I have determined that by working so hard keeping my right elbow in,  that its now causing my club head to drop and am swinging underneath the plane and am too flat and it's causing the club head to be open.   Ughhh,  back to the drawing board.  

Edited by PingLuvR

Irons - Ping G410 

Driver - Ping G410

3W - Ping G410

3H - Ping G410 

Putter - Ping Sigma 

Went to the local par 3 again, shot a 32 which is 4 shots better than last week. Got 44% GIR and two putted every hole for 18 total putts. 

Doing a full 18 hole course tomorrow excited to see how I do there

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

49 + 50 = 99

disappointing round.lots of shanking, which is new for me and frustrating.

Hit 7/13 Fairways, but only three GIRs. Three three-putts and a total of 34 total putts

second and third shots were the killers today. No consistency whatsoever

First time out this year and I shot 79 (8 over) 

didn't have driver in the bag as I'm still waiting for he epic to arrive so it was 3 wood only and man was I crushing it and it felt great. 

Didnt putt well (32 putts) but struck the ball pretty well. 

Putting and pitching need work but I couldn't expect anymore from the first day on the course this year. 

Just been on a run lately, but today was a little hiccup. Shot 79.

Had one OOB drive, and felt like I was chucking everything around. I did do well on the par 3's though. 

Gotta love this weather!

This week played 5 times and walked 18 more holes to view a match.

Tuesday, practice day at Nordelta CC. 

Wednesday, day 1 of the Argentina Amateur. Shoot 79 (+7), rating 76.3.

Thursday, day 2 shoot 85 (+13). Same course, missed match play cut by 11 strokes. Winner at -4.

Friday, played at Los lagartos CC, 71 (E) rating 69.8.

Saturday, walked to saw the semifinal of the Argentina amateur. 

Sunday, played at my home course, 68 (-4). Rating 71.2. After that played 9 more practice holes.

Im so tired rigth now.

38-40-78 2 birdies and 1 double (ugh)

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Wish I could say I played well...  The sun was in my eye, my glove was too big,....  nope...

The weather was great.  February 19th and we played with the temperature almost 60º.  My ball striking was pretty good, I hit 15 of 18 nGIR but my short game did me no favors.   I had 36 putts but several were avoidable because my lag putting was so terrible.     I hit 8 of 13 fairways but my misses weren't too bad and I was able to recover most of the time.   

I definitely need to work on my lag putting and chipping.     I had a great time but could have scored significantly better.

• Upvote 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Big swing of fortunes yesterday: 42-44 that included a string of 5 straight DBs - from 11 to 15. Finished with par-par-eagle (on in green in 2 and a single snaking 50 footer!). 
Another highlight is the course has 2 sand traps guarding every single hole. The only true defense of the course. I hit 7 of them yesterday from within 150. This is my bread and butter (long-mid-short irons). Can't score with it being off. They were All slight straight pushes and no pull-overdraws which is a positive in a way since saw none of the dreaded miss.   

Winter golf is terrible for HCP.

Vishal S.