IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Where did my game go? After the 1 over 73 on Friday, shot an 84 on Saturday, and a whopping 89 today. Nothing felt in sync. I guess I need to head to the driving range this afternoon.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My fundraiser tournament was today. Format was a scramble (captains choice),  and we were all hitting it well, brother-in- lawing when we needed to. Our final score: 70 (-2). Four birdies, two bogeys. Both the bogeys should have been pars. I hit it well, definitely better than I did yesterday. Almost birdied the tricky fifth on my own ball (I contributed the tee shot and approach). My dad had us spooked on 16. We were just off the green in two on the par-5, and after me, my brother and grandpa hit our putts, none of which were bad, his eagle putt stopped a roll short of dropping. Everyone got one red tee and one mulligan, and the winning score was a 54. Not surprised at all.  We had a great time, and my dad even won a rangefinder at the raffle afterwards! Really fun day.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Shot an 88 yesterday, so another sub-90 round, which was nice. I had 13 nGIR, so I walked off quite satisfied because I gave myself opportunities to score lower than I actually did. I tried reading the greens with my feet per LSW, which I would say improved my green reading, and even though I had multiple 3-putts, I also had quite a few 1-putts. It was distance control that I struggled with today.

Round started off with below average ball striking on tee shots for the first five holes, but I was able to make some good recovery shots from tough positions to avoid having a blowup hole and even save par a couple times. Ended up with a 44 on the front, which could have been a little better because I had a two ugly 3-putts.

Ended up with 44 on the back nine as well. Ball striking on the back nine was good by my standards, but played the last three holes in +7 which ultimately cost me a better score.

#16: Long par-3 (200 yards), somewhat of a nemesis hole for me. Made solid contact on the tee-ball but it was a bit offline to the right, maybe 10 yards further right than my intended start line, bringing some tree branches into play (this hole does not really favor a draw shot shape). The ball clipped lone overhanging pine branch and deflected into a spot which left me an awkward 30 yard pitch off of clumpy dirt and pine needles. Made it onto the green but further from the hole than I would've liked, and proceeded to 3-putt for a 5.

#17: Errant drive so ended up needing to play my provisional. I struggled with closing the face of the driver today, although most drives were good enough. Made it onto the green with the next shot (4th), but 3-putted for a 7.

#18: Good drive in the middle of the fairway, but I was kind of between clubs on the approach. Went with the longer club, which got an unlucky bounce in the rough just left and slightly long of the green, and caromed about 15 yards further left. Took two pitches to get onto the green from really thick rough, and then a 2-putt for a 6.

Also made it through 16 holes without a penalty stroke or lost ball, but an errant drive on #17 cost me a lost ball/OB penalty. I guess the pressure of achieving my goal of a penalty free/no lost ball round got to me.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

74-77 (+7)  I´m playing horrible lately but at least this weekend i played really well my Irons despide the strong wind gusts we suffered. 

Well, the game came back today. Shot a 76. Played a team match, me playing against a 3 handicap. I think I got into his head when I birdied the first 2 holes. In comparing cards against him, I took him by +5 with the 7 strokes he had to give me, and +1, if we played straight up. Unfortunately, my playing partner wasn't so lucky and we lost the team match big time.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

My father and I teed off at 7:45am this morning. We were the only people at the course. We played an entire 18 holes without seeing another human being. The weather was a bit chilly to start but perfect most of the round. Played in about 2 hours and 25 minutes. Shot an even par 72 not too bad considering I never even really read a putt. Hell I never even marked my ball the entire round.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Played Okeeheelee on Sunday.  I swore that I was not going to play that course until I had considerably improved.  Well, I have apparently not improved enough.  Such a punishing course.  So I am here to whine, in essence.  I know what this thread is called, but I don't want to even type the number.  Let's just say I did not lower my handicap this week.

Beautiful weather today in the mid-40s. I intended to play 18, but the wind picked up after 7 holes and I started feeling cold, so I quit after 9. 

One of my best 9 holes this season: 8 pars 1 bogey for a 37! 5/7 fairways off tee, 7/9 GIR and 17 putts. Missed 4 birdie putts by a hair for tap ins. Gotta spend a little more time on putting...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FlyingAce said:

Beautiful weather today in the mid-40s. I intended to play 18, but the wind picked up after 7 holes and I started feeling cold, so I quit after 9. 

One of my best 9 holes this season: 8 pars 1 bogey for a 37! 5/7 fairways off tee, 7/9 GIR and 17 putts. Missed 4 birdie putts by a hair for tap ins. Gotta spend a little more time on putting...

Way to go!  Nice round.  Good stats.  But had you played the back 9 in the incoming weather you probably wouldn't have duplicated the front 9.  Good thing you quit and had that hot toddy.  😄🍵

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Way to go!  Nice round.  Good stats.  But had you played the back 9 in the incoming weather you probably wouldn't have duplicated the front 9.  Good thing you quit and had that hot toddy.  😄🍵

@Double Mocha Man Thanks! I am glad I quit too! There is always tomorrow😊

Shot an 80 in 80 degree weather.

39/41, 30 putts. All pars, or bogies

My Grandaughter and I took on her uncle and her Dad. We smoked them175 to 180. Straight up, no hdcps.

I think the youngster got tired playing an 18 hole round. That's what she gets for skipping school......

Told "The Boys" they need to work on their games if they plan on beating this old man. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

68 and 69 this weekend. Been scoring like crap lately so it was good to put a few solid rounds together.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Played Bali Hai in Las Vegas, shot a pretty solid 75 (+4) with 33 putts. 

Drove it really well overall and hit 11 GIR, just didn't make any putts.

I enjoyed the course and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to play a round and doesn't want to leave the strip. The fairways are pretty tight, but on most holes the fairways are surrounded by mounding, so quite frequently shots that are only a couple yards into the rough would kick back into the fairway. Not too gimmicky of a course though, it's pretty much all out in front of you. The biggest defense is the greens, there are some pretty severe slopes on the greens and being on the proper tier is really important.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :tmade: TP5x

A pretty pedestrian 80 today. 39-41, with a double bogey on the back. Otherwise, 6 bogeys, and 10 pars.

It's a ringer tournament, so if it doesn't rain, we'll see if I can better it tomorrow.

After what seemed like a great practice session on Sunday, I went out and played like crap on Monday and shot 93 off blue. Then went out Tuesday and shot 78 off white, breaking 80 for the third time this year. Shaking my head that I actually parred the front 9 for the first time ever, I decided to go out Wednesday but realized it wasn't happening again and ended with an 89.  Had a very informative lesson today, so now I have more to think about over the ball, lol

I shot the shit, about golf, while waiting for this unusually cold weather to subside.  We are all more determined than ever to do better next time.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."