4 birdies

4 pars

8 bogeys

1 double

1 quad :censored:

12/14 FIR

8/18 GIR

30 Putts

2 lost ball penalties ( resulted in double and quad on back to back holes... erase those 2 and I shot 76 :pound::mad: )

I know I'm getting close and I just have to learn to relax and let it start happening I have shot even par rounds before so I know I can do it it's just a matter of getting out of the way and letting things happen, my driving of the ball was better than what even I remember and my putting is getting much better I made 7 one putts which is a significant improvement I lost strokes on 2 terrible lost ball penalties which I just couldn't prevent.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

74. Par 71. +1 on the front with one birdie and +2 on the back with one birdie. Could have been better but had a couple of lapses and blew a few fairly easy chances.

When my alarm went off at 630am, I checked the temp............42 degrees!!!!!!     I decided to sleep late and teed off at about 930am.

Stone Canyon Golf Club...

39 front

I was 2 over on the back through 14..............then ditched to take my son bowling.  He is my first priority right now.  I did have 2 nice birdies today.   I finished on a good note by jarring one of those "once a year" bombs for birdie on #14 green.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Decided to have a Sunday game normally play mid week, course was it top condition today, weather was fine with morning temp of 25c,also changed my putter with greens being very fast, front nine had 42, but had fine back nine 38,still not able to break the 80, but hoping it come soon.

* In My Ping DLX Bag *

Ping G25 driver 12.5 deg

Ping G25 Fairway 16.5 deg

Ping Rapture 2 Iron 18 deg (Alternet 20deg Mizuno Fli-Hi Hybrid)

Ping I 20 Hybrid 20 deg      (Alternet 23 deg Mizuno Fli-Hi Hybrid)

Ping G25 Irons 4-UW

Ping Tour Wedge SS 52 deg

Guerin Rife Barbados Putter (Alternet Odyssey White Ice 6 355g)

Preferred Ball Srixon Z Star.

Saturday,

Miami Shores GC, Troy, OH

47-48-95

About five strokes more than I usually hope for out here. They just punched the greens and everyone struggled a bit with them, but I was disappointed that I didn't adjust to them better. Continuing to keep my tee shots playable and advancing the ball on ever stroke, but still missing the accuracy needed for real birdie chances.

None-the-less, the team of @Jeremie Boop and I managed to beat our opponents and it was a beautiful day.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

92 (90 ESC) at Cassel Hills yesterday with @Jeremie Boop and @saevel25 . One birdie and a few pars, but the rest was, meh. I had a few blow up holes. One was totally ridiculous. I couldn't find my second shot on a par 5. I found another in the vicinity, so I suspect a player on the adjacent hole played the wrong ball, but can't verify. Turned an easy par into an "other".

- Shane

83 at Veenker Memorial in Ames IA

I haven't played this course in over 20 years.  Still a very nice course with a lot of 'tactical' holes that require a bit of thought.  Only one birdie and that was a chip in.  This tennis elbow thing is really taking its toll on me.  Whether it's due to the injury, or just that I'm not going to the range any more, it's getting harder to keep the swing under control - more mishits, and I'm not controlling my face angle as well.  4 par 3 holes all 8 iron and I missed every single one of them....just ridiculous.  The only thing saving me is my mishits usually still are decent and my short game remains strong.

Course was not in the best of shape, apparently it had an excess of pre-cip and was just recovering.  Greens had a lot of blemishes not normally there.  A real pleasure to play and I'll play again when my game is straightened out - next year.

Two rounds coming up this week - Wed and Fri.  That'll be a rough stretch, but fun events.  One of the courses I never played before and I'm told it's a VERY nice semi-private stretch.

Will need the winter to recover and repair.

Bill - 

Brookside Course 1 Blues 72.7/130: 46/49. The greens were sanded, punched and the uncut blades of grass stuck like velcro. The 100 degree heat didn't help either. 44 putts. The rest of the week is going to be practice rounds on this course. Me and my partners missed easy 4 footers all day. I think we all putted 3-10 strokes higher than usual and depending upon handicap. I probably lost 7 to 8 putts. Even the scratch golfer missed 3 easy putts.

I need to work more on my wedges and 120 yards in accuracy to the pin. I left myself with >12 feet on all the up and down today. My 3 GIR were very sour, every one was a 3 putt. Good reads, but the ball just stopped dead in its tracks.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

87 and I sucked.  Much worse than an 87.

3 penalties, hit a short layup almost 80 yards right of the target.... missed putts both sides of the cup, missed fairways on both sides (only hit ONE fairway)....

And worst of all, I don't get to play again until next Monday.  :(

Brookside Course 1 Blues 72.7/130: 46/49. The greens were sanded, punched and the uncut blades of grass stuck like velcro. The 100 degree heat didn't help either. 44 putts. The rest of the week is going to be practice rounds on this course. Me and my partners missed easy 4 footers all day. I think we all putted 3-10 strokes higher than usual and depending upon handicap. I probably lost 7 to 8 putts. Even the scratch golfer missed 3 easy putts.

I need to work more on my wedges and 120 yards in accuracy to the pin. I left myself with >12 feet on all the up and down today. My 3 GIR were very sour, every one was a 3 putt. Good reads, but the ball just stopped dead in its tracks.

Today, I shot 91 (45/46) played to only about 6700 yards. I took a new strategy to over putt everything by 20%, and about half of the greens were mowed down since yesterday.

Fairways 12/15, 3 doubles, 13 bogeys, 2 pars. 2 GIR, 6 nGIR, 35 putts , 1 OB (lost an approach trying to shape/slice a shot to the green from behind some trees, made an impressive sound hitting a container in the Rose Bowl parking lot). Missed five <6 foot putts to save par, but I also shanked about four pitch shots. I definitely need more work on key 2.

I thinned most of my approaches and ended up right in front of the green for most of the day. My 2 GIR rolled up from the front of the fringe.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

37 in league last night with a triple on one hole. Horseshoed 2 birdie putts.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Blue tees at http://www.beardancegolf.com/golf/golf_scorecard.html 71.8/132 course rating 6879 yards. Started out with a double bogey and shot +4 on the front and even on the back for 76 total. One of the better ball striking days. Except for the first hole obviously.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

38-44. I was 1 over through 12 holes and bam the wheels fell off. Finished with a triple bogey, very discouraging, when it could have been a great score. Oh well, need to keep improving.

My shots inside 100 yards were awful. A couple bad drives that cost me. Again ball striking is essential. When I hit the GIR and in a good spot on the green I'm in good shape.