IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Played with my wife on a par 68 yesterday. Plus 6 C, occasional rain (she's a trooper) Shot a 91 including a double par on a 4 and a 3. (Practicing my Spieth water shots on both holes-got them both in) She shot a 93 and shot a 45 9 hole for the first time

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

70.2/121 par 72, I picked up for esc on 17 after having 2 drives disappear in some long rough to the right of the fairway. Taking ESC for that hole gave me an 88. Wish I had found those shots, I've played from that area plenty of times and have been able to save par or get bogey a majority of the time, would have been one of my best scores ever. Unfortunately, since I played solo the score can't be posted, but still helps to see I'm in a much better place than I was this time last year.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

First time out this spring on Sunday. 18 Holes. Shot a solid 95... No balls lost, a couple of pars and straight line drives. I cannot complain at all.

What's in the bag?
2 Iron, 3 Iron, 4 Iron, 5 Iron, 6 Iron, 7 Iron, 8 Iron, 9 Iron, PW, GW, 3 Wood, 5 Wood, Putter
Titleist Irons, Callaway Woods and a Jack Nicklaus putter. Cigars and a case of Stella.

Played my first round of 2016 today at an executive course. I left the scorecard in the cart, so I don't know exactly what I scored; what I do know is that I still mostly suck. I duck-hooked and worm-burned all of my tee shots with woods; I sky-toed my hybrid off the tee on all the long par-3s; and weeks of hitting foam-rubber balls that sit up on the grass in my yard resulted in me thinning the majority of my iron shots. Strangely, my wedge game and putting were both excellent: I even had a chip-in for birdie.

Also: golfer's tan.

image.jpg

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

49 + 43= 92. Got off to a terrible start. Doubled the first 4 holes before catching fire the rest of the way. Tied my most pars in a round at six. Special thanks to Superstroke grips for making the flatso 1.0. Shaved strokes big time!!! Only one three putt and made putts from lots of dif distances. Also, a special shout out to George Knudsons the natural golf swing, and Lowest Score Wins. The grip and the two books mentioned really helped with my success on course today. Last few rounds have all been 98 or over, so today was a good day. :)

AND A REALLY BIG shoutout to @Rainmaker for the Mark Crossfield video u shared. Didnt hit my chin once and its a great way to start my swing. I really think your tip and the new putter grip were the biggest help today!!! Thanks a million!!!

Edited by stealthhwk
Addition
  • Upvote 1

I shot 71 (1-under) today, breaking par for the first time in approximately 5 years! I am a 7-handicap, so rounds of par or better are a rarity to say the least. It's happened a handful of times in the past, but I must admit, I scare 90 a lot more frequently than I do 70 that's for sure!

I was running a bit late this morning, so I rushed to the first tee and proceeded to pull my drive straight left into the trees and was forced to chip out. My chip out went way too far and ran through the fairway on the other side. Long story short, I ended up chipping in for par on #1 (which is a really easy 460 yard par 5) and that settled me down. I parred the next two, then eagled #4 (480 yard par 5) after hitting a hybrid to about 5 feet. I bogeyed #9 to make the turn at 1-under. I parred 10, 11 and 12 and then birdied 13 and 14 to get to 3-under. I was pretty nervous by this point because a career-low round was in sight. I shot 2-under on the back nine of yesterday's round, but prior to that it had been a pretty mediocre year, so it was all a little disorienting. I kept thinking, "you are 5-under on your last 22 holes... what is going on?!" Not to mention, I knew I had the hardest holes on the golf course coming up on the closing stretch. I played the last 4 holes +2, and I'm not going to lie, I had a few really LUCKY breaks in there. I kicked out of the trees TWICE on #15 and salvaged bogey. I blocked my tee shot on #17 but the ball kicked back into the middle of the fairway and I made par. I essentially SHANKED my approach shot on #18 but the ball hit a tree and stopped about 6 feet from a water hazard, avoiding a disastrous finish.

Just the other day I was complaining to a buddy about how I couldn't buy a putt lately and how I just wasn't getting any good breaks on the golf course... Go figure!

4th time out this season and first time out since my first actual practice I've done other than playing since high school. 

Music far this year it's been 89,88,82 and 42 for nine holes. 

Yesterfay however was a 75!!! 3 better than my best ever.

ill never do it again. I hit more green than usual, I was about the same off the tee this round or maybe a little worse, and my putting was outstanding. I've been happy with my putting this year so far as I worked hard on it over the winter. 

• Upvote 1

92 at Riverwalk. Had a few 7's where well  struck shots just disappeared. Other than that a few pars and bogeys. Pared the par 5's, bogied the par 3's, go figure. Pretty happy with how I hit the ball for the most part

Course was very soggy today, so soggy that only the front 9 was open so I was only able to play 9 holes. Didn't really get my tee shots working until the 4th hole. Shot a 45 under these conditions but I did birdie the par 5 seventh hole when I made the 8 ft putt. My putt came up inches short on the par 5 ninth hole which would have gave me a birdie on that hole as well. Sure could use a dry spell without rain to allow the course to dry up a bit.

I shot 74 yesterday, 75 the day before that. Both good scores for me, I've been stuck in the 80-84 range most of the spring.

39-39-78

Falcon's Fire Golf Club

Blue Tees 6435 Yds 71.0/130

Decent Layout, course was in awful shape.  Greens had just been aerated and sanded, tee boxes had hardly any grass, fairways were in rough shape.  Staff at the club were awesome.  Had a great burger at the turn.  Good beer.  

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Shot a 95 on Disney Palm course. Just seem to be falling apart the past few weeks. Lost a lifetime high 9 balls today. It was a great day, 91° and sunny, but I just Felt like a true hack today.

Need to go to the range, film my swing, and go back to practicing. Short game definitely saved me from shooting 130+. When I put the driver away I was shooting pars or bogeys, so while I'm at a disadvantage due to distance, my shots aren't going OB, into hazards, etc. I'm dreading having to put these scores into my handicap because while the slope is 131, my handicap is about to jump to 14 or higher. 

Could be worse though, could be home studying.

Today was a "throw back" day for me. While cleaning out a storage room the other day, I found my old bag of "Bazooka Iron Woods". (2i-LW)There was also a 12* driver and 3w. Putter was my old Carbite. Yeah I know. More than 14 clubs, but the bag still had 3 open slots. These clubs are probably 20+ years old. So were the balls that were still in one of the pockets.  

Anyways I shot an 84 with these old timers. Had 32 putts along the way. Had a couple of nice sand saves, which offset a couple of 2i slices. 

Just might cull these clubs down, change out the putter, and give them another try next week. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Shot 115 today which is my best for home course (tied it). Horrible I know. Pissed because I could have shit 108 but dunked a few balls in water. Almost had my first birdie. Missed a six foot out for birdie by millimeters. Second time now so it's going to happen soon. 

I shot 53 today on a 9 hole, 27 par par 3 course. Ive been golfing for 8 years. Ive played a round almost everyday. Ive done drills, gotten new clubs- yet it seems like I cannot lower my score. I am getting pretty frustrated. My long game is what's killibg me. Off the tee I almost always hit it thin, even after the drills. It also goes right....any suggestions?

Had a good round today, tied my best score wit a 82, 42-40. Putting was bad 36 total putts, but had 9 pars and 10 greens in regulation. Both 3 putts were bogeys, which is frustrating. My last round shot 41-42 with 30 putts so hoping next time I go out I finally break 80 for the first time.

Sunday,

Kittyhawk (Hawk) 44-53-97

Normally, I'm happy just to hit double digits on this particular course, but the massive swing on the back nine is a little frustrating. It's definitely the harder nine, but yesterday was brutal. ... First was my hardest hit shot off the floor that pushed into a hazard on No. 11. No. 14 saw me clobber a ball out of the dirt trap, over the green and damn near into the trash can beside the 15th tee box. Then it was tree trouble on 16.

Dodging just one of those debacles would have made a big difference.