IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

38-39-77 Springfield G&CC

Blue Tees

One double, two birdies.  played OK

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot an 87 on Saturday.  Was striking the ball pretty well, just couldn't putt for a damn.

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

Went today par 72. Ended up shooting a 90 

my drives were gettin better twards the end.  My long irons were on point planted the green 15' from pin from 200yrds with a 4i.

125-40 was hooking to the right 

40 and in was good landed a sand shot 3 inches from pin for a par

made 4 pars 

11boges 

2doubles

and 1 triple 

should have had a 89 but I can't putt to save my life. If I could 2 putt everything I would have dropped at least 7 off of my score.

still gettin better and short game is gettin better so I'll take it 

Continuing my slump. After shooting a 76 I've had 88, 89, and now a 91. 

So frustrating. Drove the ball extremely well and couldn't play a well placed iron into the green. Missed a lot of my spots on my pitches and chips (great solid contact but missed my mark) and resulted in a lot of two putts that should have been routine 1 putts. 

Had 3 pars all day and missed my 3 birdie putts and ended up 3 putting after 2 of those. 

Just one of those days. I feel like my game is so close to clicking again and I'll shoot an incredible score. 

• Administrator

Myself. Repeatedly.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Played the same course for the fourth time in a row, in my attempt to break 80. Shot an 82 from the whites with some good friends, it was a great round despite being hot as hell. Had a birdie, but otherwise all pars and bogies.

Four 1-putts saved me as I was 4 green side bunkers. Kept driver in play, but my approaches were disappointing.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

On Saturday Played matchplay semifinals of my home course in pairs with handicap. We played with 3 strokes and they with 8 strokes so we gave them 3 strokes. We where 4 under in the front 9. I was playing avg golf (2 over) and my partner where in a bad day. In the back i just focus on making pars and force the other team to make pars to win the match.

Amazingly in the back 9 we shoot 1 under (i shoot even par) and we won 7 hole ´s (loose one) to end up winning 2 UP on the 18th. Next  Saturday is the gran finale. Shoot 74 (2 over)

On Sunday played stroke play at my home course with winds of 25 miles an hour. My regular drive in winter carries in average 250 yards, that day againt the wind i only could reach 200 yards with roll ! With the wind the carry went to 290 yards. Hit an 8 Iron punch down against the wind from 80 yards to the middle of the green (tha was after hitting a normal PW from 80 yards and getting short of the of the green by 10 yards). It was crazy !!

Shoot 82, with lots of 3 putts because of the wind. Rigth to left putts break rigth because of a left to right wind, same thing with uphill putts with the wind. Good ball striking with 9 GIR, no penalty´s. Wind gust´s over 30 miles an hour where difficult to handle.

74. One double. Boo

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

I shot a 37

3/7 FIR, 7/9 GIR, 17 Putts, 0/2 Scramble

it should have been 9/9 GIR. I messed up two easy partial wedge shots that cost me. I also missed a 3 ft birdie putt on the 9th hole. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

+6 41 on league course, not the greatest score but the best I've had in league I'm pretty sure. Technically only had 1 fairway hit but it was so short that GG didn't catch that it was fairway rofl, 3/9 GIR, 14 putts, 1 up and down for par. Felt weird because outside of a birdie on the first hole just didn't feel like I was playing at all well but score showed a different story**.

**at least for how my stories usually go it was different.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

In the last three weeks, I've had a round of 96 where I couldn't find the fairway at all, a round of 96 where I couldn't hit a solid approach or a good chip to save my life, and today, a round of 97 where I don't believe I hit a good ball all day.

Which means, if I can shoot 97 without hitting a good shot, I should be able to break 90 if I can hit a few good ones very soon.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I played a practice round today so didn't keep score but I had a couple birdies, a lot of pars then two or three holes where I legitimately doubled par...

Played Keystone River course on Wednesday. From the tips 6800+ yds. Shot +8 on the front due to a couple of mental errors then shot +3 on the back nine for +11 (83) overall. 

Great scenery. 

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

57-53 for 110. Ugly for real golfers but improvement for me. My driving sucked and not my best putting performance but I hit my irons best I have ever over 18 holes. Very consistent with only a few flubs with the wedges. 

81 with three (yep, three) double bogies. I made three bad decisions. I forgot a great piece of advice I heard years ago from Ken Venturi; "when you see bogie coming; take it!"