IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Played Red/White Course at Army Navy Country Club in Arlington.

36-40-76, 1 Double, 1 3-putt and 1 birdie

Best round I've played here.  Still don't like the course, but at least played well.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

48+46+94

6/13 FW, 4 GIRs and 39 putts, with 4 three-putts

started out striking ball really well, but short game never showed up. When long game wobbled, things got ugly. One bright spot, no major blow ups

First 18 hole round of the season for me in Finland. It was still so cold in the morning, that our tee time was delayed until for one hour till 9 am. Played my old home course with my dad. I seriously struggle on this course nowadays :)

Ended up shooting 43+43 = 86 

3 FIR, 5 GIR, 30 putts.

So pretty much room for improvement everywhere. On the bright side it was sunny and the season is finally underway!

• Upvote 1

47 on a local par 36, 9 hole muni. Brought our son out for mothers day. He plays once a year. Never had instruction. hits a 255 yard drive on number three straight down the pipe. He uses the 7 club guest set. Very interesting choice of clubs. Driver from the rough. and he gets it out. 

Friday - one of my best rounds ever at an Arnold Palmer (Tournament Club of Iowa) course in Iowa (71.5/140, par 71, 6551 yard tees).  Target golf - everything clicking.  Fairways (only missed a couple) and GIRs to an unusual extent.  1 over on the front, 1 under on the back.  I can't complain about the bogie on the front, I 'thought' I hit a great 8 iron right at the flag and just didn't see the headwind - short and in the bunker, couldn't get up and down from there.  Just a LOT of regulation holes, I'd hit greens, but not typically too close until the end (I kept pulling my approaches left) - I kept pulling a lot of putts out of the air to save par, but the birdies weren't comming at all.  The LW was particularly good (probably because the course was in pristine shape I'm guessing) considering the tight lies.  Fun day, great weather.

2 birdies on the back - One hole a very short par 4 - 3 wood just left and past the hole.  I actually dubbed my chip shot (which was bound to miss long as the green was fast and it was really downhill) and it skittled to the fringe and trickled on and then fed slowly to about 2 feet - better lucky than good.  Then on 18 - long par 4, great drive and a 7 iron that just about canned the hole - great shape aim right and hit a little draw hoping to land right and short and the wind just gave it a little extra to get even closer - 6 foot putt.  Last year I played this hole and bladed my approach into the lake - this was a much better way to end the round.

so many good shots all day I'll just ignore the best shot thread.  I'm nervous, my two best rounds of the year were playing with my wife - that's not good.

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

Shot a good round today.

34-38-72 (+1) 3 birdies 4 bogeys (of which one was a 3-putt)

the new sub zero epic is the bomb.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

My magical May continues (hopefully it is the new me and not just a good month).  I started off on the back nine with a birdie, a double bogey, and 7 pars for a 37.  Par the first, and then eagled the 2nd.  Par, Par, great drive, very good approach into the par 5 fifth.  Hit the flop shot a bit to deep so I'm looking a a 15 footer down a steep slope for birdie.  Tap it, and it stops halfway there...blegh.  Tap it again and it rolls 15 feet past.  Miss the bogey and record a double bogey with a 4 putt.  Slice my drive on 6, but slice it into #7s fairway.  Hit my first truly bad shot of the day and chunk and 8 iron back under the trees.  Punch out, chip on, and two putt for a 6.  Best round of my life is techinally still in play.  Par 7 after an awful drive into some trees.  Bogey the par 3 8th (best round is impossible now), par the 9th for a 76.

Final tally, 3 double bogies, 1 birdie, 1 eagle, 1 bogey, 12 pars.  Never thought I'd say this...I could have gone lower XD.

If I can hold on to this I'll have my year long goal done by May.  I started the year with the goal to get to a single digit handicap.  I'm currently trending to a 9.6.  Currently a 10.1 as of today, I have two weeks to keep playing good golf and my goal is fulfilled.

Edited by baller7345

Driver - Cleveland CG Black 265
Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 16 Degrees
Hybrids - 18 and 20 Degrees Adams Pro
Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD
Wedges - 52 and 56 degree Cleavland CG16

Shot 73 Sunday with one birdie and 3 bogies at Philadelphia Country Club. 6,300 yards par 71. 

70.7  Slope

125 Rating

Unbelievably for me, I parred four and bogied two out of nine. The rest were @%#&! I have never parred more than two in my life.  Spent two months this winter on the range nearly every day, and took a couple lessons. It seems like it is paying off. 

One three putt from the far side of the green for one of the bogies. The bad scores were from mishits on approach shots. 

Edited by Moppy
  • Upvote 1

Finally found some time to play, in between family, and friends, youngsters' graduations taking place right now. Imagine a Grand Daughter recievind her Batchelor of Science degree, and week later getting her Highschool diploma. 

Anyways, I carded an 84 at my local course. Missed 3 putts, I normally make. (<4') Probably should have used my driver a more often, which means I went with my 3W too many times. Happy with my chipping game though.  

Might get out tomorrow. :-D

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Had a nice day on the course. 40-37-77

Played not well on the front, smooth 40 with a three putt and a double bogey.

Started Back 9 - 

Par

Par

Par

HOLE IN ONE  :banana: 13th hole, 164 Yds - 7 iron

Par

Three putt bogey

bogey

Par

Bogey

for a smooth 37

• Upvote 2

-Jerry

Broke 70 for the first time. 34-34= 68 Bogey free 2 under on the front, with a missed 3 footer for birdie on 8 :angry:. Bogeys on 11 and 12 to go to even. Birdied the par 5 13th and short par 4 15th. Literally hit the bottom of the flag stick on the par 3 16th from 187. It left a mark on the edge of the cup, and rolled to 4 feet. Missed the putt for birdie :angry:. Eagle on the par 5 17th to get to 4 under. Crazy thing is, I hit a lot of bad shots. Huge blocked 4 iron on 5 that got lucky to not go OB, tee ball in the water on 11 (bogey) and 18 (par save), and missed two 3 footers for birdie. 

Titleist 913 D3 project x 7c3
Trident Golf 3w, 5w Apollo stepless steel stiff+
Mizuno MP-60 (4-6) Mizuno MP-32 (7-9) S300
Titleist SM 5 46/50/54/58
SeeMore FGP Original SuperStroke fatso 5.0
Pro V1

44-43 for an 87 

• 7 pars, 2 doubles & 1 triple bogie (ball lost in tree - super weird)
  • For the second time in the last week I experienced the heartbreak of watching a birdie lip out. I am making lots of pars these days, but man oh man, birdies are hard to come by.
  • Because I am out of Volviks, and because I am cheap, I took out of mothballs the ProV1's that I naively bought when I first started playing. And (surprise) I found they didn't hurt my ball striking or distance at all. In fact they I'm going to keep playing them until I lose them all. The only place they hurt me was in the putting, because I am used to the Volviks. 

39-39-78 11 pars, 7 bogeys, eh.  played some holes well, some others were scrambling all over the place.  

Couldn't make a birdie putt to save my life today.  We have our Member-Member tournament starting tomorrow, hopefully I'll make a few putts

-Jerry

Played the Back 9 after work today, shot 2 over for a 38.  Was a very solid round, minus 2 drives (one driver, one 3 wood) that I hit into hazards.

I had 2 birdies, 4 pars, 2 bogeys, and 1 double.

4 of 7 FWs, 5 of 9 GIRs, and 15 putts.

And a small bonus, my driver seems to be coming back to me (minus the errant drive on 18)  On 3 holes, I hit my longest drives ever on these holes.

Gus
---------------

Well, I shot a really bad number today (112), but I got to do it on Pinehurst 2 so I can report that I had a great day of golf. I'm still fighting the driver, and my irons fell apart late due to fatigue (this course can really beat you up), but my short game was great thanks to the caddie. 

I had a blast!