IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Played yesterday at SGCC.

36-40-76 -2 birdies and 2 doubles (ugh), one double was a 3-putt

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Got out late afternoon, both yesterday and today.  Pair of 78's.  It's been awhile since I've had 2 back to back rounds in the 70's. 

Now that I've mentioned it, I'll bet there's a sweet 85+ lurking in my near future...  

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

So I got out for a round.  No warm up and played my worst round this year.  I did drain a twenty five footer for birdie on a 153 par three and also just missed a hole in one on another par three about the same distance.  I was left with about one foot on a side hill right to left.  I played it inside right and no idea what happened missed the hole left and got par.  Couldn't hole out missed a bunch of putts four feet and in.  Suffered 3 shots into water hazards...All left.  My short game got excercised and it's so funny how that was pretty good,  but couldn't make the putts to get up and down.  89.

on approach on hole twelve I checked my alignment and I was aiming left edge of the green from 100 in.  Worked hard at aligning better on the rest of the holes and no more left tendency.  

What do I expect without practice lol?

Wednesday played in my first big tournament. Stroke play and broke 80 with a 79. 

Stroke play exposes every weakness! You cannot hide by picking up. 

Ball in the Hole. 

Played in our B-Team interclub March at Heritage Hunt G&CC, 6500/132 Par 72

shot best round of year.

36-35-71 (1 under))

3 birdies and 2 bogeys, with one bogey was hitting into hazard on Par 5 and the other was a bogey on another Par 5 where I short sided myself . 

Even with that we only won 2 up.  But not bad for first time seeing the course.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Had my best opportunity in a while to break 80. Shot a 39-44. On 16, long par 5, went driver 3 wood to about 10 yards short of the green and stubbed my chip and walked off with par. On 18 I tried to hit a cut and left myself in some mulch and had to punch out. Flew my wedge over the green and left myself shortsided with a downhill lie on a green that ran away from me. Carded a 7. At least my cap didn't go down further by breaking 80 as I have member guest in 2 weeks.

Another decent round today at SGCC

38-37-75 14 Pars 4 bogeys

pretty steady all day

-Jerry

Broke 90 only last month, and carded an 87 yesterday in the Club Lady captains prize to men. 

Bogey golf mostly with two nice birdies. 

Played in no different manner than normal, the shots just worked, bounces in my favour and putts dropped. I've Never had so many single putts ! On fire. Left the driver in the bag mostly which kept me safe

Roll on breaking 80 now 

In the Wilson Stand Bag

Driver:........Ping........G5 Reg shaft
3 Wood:......Mitsushiba.........M575-15°

Irons:.........Taylormade RocketBallz......3 Hybrid - PW..Stiff Shafts

Wedges:....Cleveland CG16 56 & 60

37/39 = 76.   2 birdies, 6 bogies.  

Alert the media, no doubles.  :banana:

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

80-74 on my home course. Very windy weekend. Still cold and no roll fairways.
Practice moving the ball both ways from the tee and to the green, worked really well despite of the heavy gust out there. 

Played my home course, Club de Golf Mapocho, par 72, slope 113, rating 72.3

48+43=91

6 FW, 1 GIR, 6 saves and 33 putts.

first 13 holes very frustrating. The week of practicing against the slice was not having any effect until I reached 14. Smoked a 236 yd drive (for me) and then hit a hybrid 4 to 10 ft of pin--finished hole with 3-putt but swing was happening. Closed out last4 holes with pars

• Upvote 1

Gowan Brae Golf and Country club

shot an 87 yesterday, a 93 today. A long ways from where I was 3 years ago, I need to cut 15 strokes off my game. 

My wife (who I met, and was married to at the golf course) is playing as well as me, though she wasn't forced out of the game for three years, and that's never happened. I did birdie a par 3 and a par 5 yesterday though. 

Though, she wasn't forced out of the game for three years. 

Edited by Apoc81

Got to play white tees today with the couples. Smooth 38-35-73 2 birdies 4 bogeys with one bogey after hitting into hazard on drive (ugh).

another good day on the course. Course is coming into shape for member guest.

-Jerry

Four rounds this weekend, two on Saturday and two on Monday. Shot 89, 90, 84, 91.

Today was skins day and luckily, my highlight round came this morning. The front nine was just awesome, shot 39 with six pars and three bogeys. Then got stupid on the 10th after the first bad drive of the day and hit a tree, twice (well, different trees :-P), and made triple. Three more pars and nothing worse than a single after that, to finish with an 84.

Fifty cent skins, plus extra skins for birdies, and low score on front, back, and overall for each round. I was up by 20 skins on the 18th in the second round when we went double or nothing. :ninja: 

I hit my longest drive of the day, at 274 yards, with a perfect angle left to the par 5 green. Then hit a perfect 3W and ended up 6 feet off the front-left edge of the green. Thinned the pitch-shot a little and it rolled about ~15 feet passed the hole...two-putt for par. My buddy had hit a tree with his 3W (bad angle off the tee), and finished with a double.

$20 bucks! Cha-ching! What a great weekend! :banana::content:

• Upvote 1

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

Played a Par 3 course Sunday with my wife. I had several pars and shot a 31. My wife parred the 9th (140 yards) using Driver and putter only. That was the most impressive hole of the day.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Haven't been to a driving range yet this year and went out to play my first round of the year on Sat.  No warm up just right to the first tee and bam, nice lil fade to about 100 yards.  Drop it to 4' and I am putting for a birdie!  WOW!  What a way to start.

Second hole I pared, third hole I pared as well!  What is going on I thought?  Bogey most of the other holes with a real bad triple but end the front with another par.  42 on the front is looking good!

Play about the same on the back with a lot of bogeys and 3 more pars and end with a 43.

85 my first time out this year was sweet!  Only missed 1 fairway and was 14 & 15 for putting.

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

Finally getting some birdies again.

Friday (Valleywood) - front 9: 2 birdies, 2 bogies for a 35.  back 9 not so good, one birdie, 5 bogies, a double, 6 over for a 42 - 77 great round.  Lost my focus on the back.  FH-12/18, GIR-9, 1 3 putt

Sunday (St Croix National) - absolutely perfect day, all alone on a very cool course (once I passed a super slow 4-some on hole 8). 39/38.  two birds on the front, one on the back.  Took my time and stetched this round out to make the day last.  Lots of wildlife, perfect weather.  FH-13/18, GIR-8

probably around 130 balls found between the two days.  I have a compulsion.

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

Saturday - Deer Run in Victoria, MN.  70.6/125 - 6338 yds from the blacks.  
44-42=86.   a fine round.  a nice day.  not alot to discuss.  

Sunday - Eagle Trace in Clearwater, MN. 69.6/125 - 6034 yds from the blues.  
46-43=89.   I do not recommend this course.  it is extremely gimmicky and absurdly difficult in some spots.  I don't mind a tough course, but this course designer seems to have it out for the general public.   for example, on hole #5, a 585 yd par-5, there is a giant tree directly in-front of the tee box.   The only way to hit the fairway is to aim well left of the fairway and slice it around the tree back into the fairway.   At 585 yds, I don't think it's necessary to have obstacles cutting down the distance of my drive.   And, I don't even want to get into how I feel about hole #2.  

anyways, our family just bought a cabin which is about 5 min from this course.   So, I guess I'm gonna have to learn to like it.  

Monday - Played Legends Golf Club in Prior Lake, MN.  72.5/137.   6702 yds from the blacks.  (7063 from Silver, which I have no interest in playing)

Excellent course, very challenging, very quick greens.  
wind was blowing 15+ mph all day long, and seemingly in my face all day.  

shot a 46-43=89.   It was a pretty good day, outside of the 3 triple bogeys I had.  so..  9 over on those three holes.   7 pars, 8 bogies on the rest of the course.  

had two 3-putts, one of which involved yipping a 3 footer for Par, so that was annoying.  but, all-in-all my lag putting was pretty tight.  spent most of the day putting 15 and 20 foot putts to inside of 3 feet.  and knocking them home.   

my biggest takeaways from the day are as follows.  

1) don't get triple bogeys.  seems like an obvious statement.  but, two of them were lost ball off the tee, drop, and hit the next ball in a hazard.   losing a ball sucks, but it's not the worst thing in the world.   bogeys and sometimes even pars can still be salvaged.  don't let the lost ball affect you too much and compound into more bad shots.   

2) My game inside of 50 yds is ok, but needs to be much sharper if I'm gonna score.  pretty much every shot from 10-50 yds off the green, was put on the green (which is cool), but always 12+ feet from the hole.   if I could put more of those 5-10 ft away, I'd see quite a few more birdies and pars.  Additionally, If I could make a 15 foot putt every now and then, I'd do some more scoring as well.   but, honestly, not only did I go 0-for-10 on putts from 15-20 ft, but, I don't even recall making one this year.  

---------

On Thursday I have an opportunity to play White Bear Lake Country Club, which is a Golf Digest top 200 course in America.  So, that is pretty exciting.   Let's hope my game is sharp for that one!

Edited by lastings
  • Upvote 1

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here