IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I played 9 holes today and shot 48, which included a terrible 8th and 9th holes. I am still losing focus on later holes. Prior to the par 5 8th I was actually doing fine (for me). But hitting 4 into the front right bunker, 2 to get out and then 3 putting did me in.

However, I drove the ball fairly well and only sliced one really badly.

• Like 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

After a terrible round off the blue tees yesterday, I went out today and played whites and broke 80, just. 39 on the front and 40 on the back. My putting was really good on the front but the back I had a couple of 3 putts.  Only hit one driver all day as well.  A new personal best of four birdies to boot.  I just wish I could do this more often and get my cap down some more.

• Like 1

Eagle Valley last Friday - didn't add up the card, but likely low 80's.  They had aerated, so we had that going for us.

Only one birdie.  And I left a lot of putts just short and right up the gut.....  So quite a few bogies

Big lessons learned -

• Fairways Hit? - I think I only missed 1.  stellar day.
  • Putts? - no 3 putts at all, just a couple 1 putts.  so that's solid
  • GIR - maybe 5.  And I'm not chipping well this year - no practice.  the low GIR?  no excuses...I missed...a lot.  and when I did hit, usually it was a very long putt - even from LW distance (not normal for me).

GIR is so huge - a good GIR day considering my other factors and this was an amazing day.  Crappy GIR?  and this was barely a typical round despite driving and putting so well.

Bill - 

I'm trying to figure out what's going on with my game. Talk about inconsistency. My last 12 scores, all on the same course, same tees:

78, 89, 83, 81, 79, 83, 95, 78, 86, 88, 83, 81

17 stroke difference between the best and worst scores.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Another 78 today. 2 doubles, 2 bogeys, and 14 pars. When I got in trouble, it was big trouble. I really scrambled for about 4 of those pars. Chip-ins, long putts made. I guess it all worked in the end.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

89 yesterday, which was a bit of a letdown after my round on Tuesday. Hit a few more good drives and no lost tee shots. 1 birdie from a chip in.  Only lost 1 ball all day too. Short game was pretty good but 80's is my norm.

47 on 9 today. My best score yet.. I hit a lot of drives good which was strange and hit a lot of irons bad which is also strange lol. I have a lot of work to do on putting. Grandview CC Beaver, WV. 

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 9
3-Wood: Titleist 917F2 16.5 
Irons: Titleist AP3 4-Pw

Wedges: 48,52,56 Titleist vokey
Putter: Scotty Select Newport 

So we finished the semifinal match of the league tourney. My partner struggled a bit and the guy he played had a 12 h cap and he was even par after 5 holes... wasn’t looking good for us. I shoot 38 on a par 36 and my partner settles down to shoot a respectable 44. He is a 7 h cap. Well the guy he’s playing ends up throwing up the last 4 holes and we end up in a dead tie! We go to the #1 h cap hole and we win on a tiebreaker so off to the championship we go!! Championship round we play 18 holes and we decide to play out of town to make it more interesting and we are kind of pumped. This is my partner and my first time in the league, the first year playing together and we make it to the dance! He’s a 7 h cap and I’m a 5 thru 9 holes. I got some swing issue resolved with my irons so I’m feeling pretty good about this round. He’s matched up with a guy who is a 12 h cap and I’m matched up with a 7 h capper. The tone was set for us on the very first hole! My partner hits a 3 wood down the middle but!, we never found his ball. We all look for 5 min with a group behind us. He has to take a lost ball! Needless to say they both shoot 5 over on the front 9 my partner struggles and shoots a 53. I shoot a 39 it’s a par 35. We got smashed right out the gate on the front 9 just with h caps. Way to much to overcome. We take second in our first year in the league and handicapped to death!! Oh well that’s what h caps are for. The guy I faced shoots 40/40 with the round of his life! I’m giving him 2 shots per side. I end up shooting 39/46. We had a great time and we had a great year and we will be back!!

Paul Moncivaiz

Driver...2017 Taylormade M1 stiff shaft Woods..Adams tight lies #3&#5 Irons...Cleveland TA5’s 3-pw

Wedge.. Nike CGI 52* gap.. Titliest Vokey SM6 56 SW

Putter..Taylormade Spider Tour standard Ball.. Titliest ProV1

Started off my round really good, went out in 34, distance control was great played out of most every fairway. Back nine was rough, my distance control went to hell and I started missing fairways and dear god the penalty strokes. 4 penalty strokes on the back. Ended up shooting 78

Shot 75 today (+3).   Best of all, it was my first time playing this course, which is extremely long (2 par 5s over 600 yards) and this score is my best since coming back to golf 4 months ago, after a 5 year laid off (wrist surgery).   It was also my first round with my Titleist T-200s,  which were amazing!!!!  Im loving them already for sure!

Shot 93 (72.2/132) for ~17 differential. 6500 yards is a lot of golf course for me or at least it used to be. Didn’t really feel the length at all though this time around. Played a new course in the Austin area with a friend. I’d give it a 4 on the Doak Scale, but plenty challenging. 

Forgot to post about my last two rounds.  Shot an 81 a few weeks ago and shot a 79 yesterday. Brought my handicap down from 11.5 to a 10.3.  Recently bought almost all new clubs, so finally getting used to them.  Have been doing well with driving the ball and putting.  My (new) iron and wedge game has been a little off.  Haven't quite dialed in distances yet so I'm missing greens I think I would otherwise be hitting.

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

Shot a 79 yesterday, first round out implementing some swing changes I've been working on.

Pretty happy overall, as 79 was about as high as I should have shot considering I missed the green on approach shots 5 times inside 120 yds. Hit some absolute rocket 3 irons off the tee, including one that ended up going 285 yards and a few others that went around 250-260 (all measured by GPS on my smartwatch). Conditions did help, the fairways were very firm and a lot of roll, but I was still hitting it very solid and even managed to hit a few really strong 3 irons for 2nd shots into par 5s as well.

I only lost 1.00 strokes on approach shots > 100 yds compared to scratch golfers, and usually I lose 3 to 5 strokes on approach compared to scratch.

Putted really well too, made 3 putts outside 15 feet and had a number of others that burned the edge or lipped out.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

On 9/11/2019 at 12:46 PM, Rkrider99 said:

I'm trying to figure out what's going on with my game. Talk about inconsistency. My last 12 scores, all on the same course, same tees:

78, 89, 83, 81, 79, 83, 95, 78, 86, 88, 83, 81

17 stroke difference between the best and worst scores.

It's not really that inconsistent.  take out your 2 best and 2 worst and your average doesn't change much (less than a stroke)/  A stroke a hole for a bad day vs a great day is not unreasonable for someone that shoots in the mid and low 80's (like us).  It's literally a good vs bad driving day frankly.  Or a having a day where approach shots are having face control. 

When people talk about 'consistency', they don't want a tighter sigma on their distribution (more consistent)?  They want to hit their best more frequently (improvement). 

I doubt you'd want to give up those two days in the 70's just to miss that 95 and the 89....Now, if you can drop your 3-4 worst scores, that's significant......(4 blow up rounds out of ten, that's respectable).

on topic - Chaska Town Course - one of the nicest in the  cities here.  I'm a resident finally and get resident rates.  76, with 2 birdies, better GIR than last round and great driving.  pretty much 16 1/2 great holes and a great meltdown halfway through number 17....too bad, the finishing hole is a great hole.  Fun day.  just walked on and got right in.  Full course but they kept it moving.  Really enjoyed the round.  Hot for September....

Edited by rehmwa
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Bill - 

Struggled with the driver this weekend, made a triple on both Sat and Sun. Shot 75 and 72.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Very bizarre round. 

44-42-86 

I was going along making all pedestrian bogies on the front and then doubled six with a ball OB. I then started hitting fairways and greens and went 1-under from 7 through 13. We had a lightning delay that lasted about 45 minutes and my playing partners didn't want to go back out, but I was feeling it and convinced one of them to join me. We went out and I immediately triple bogied 14. Bummer. I limped in with two pars and two double bogies. I coulda been somebody, but no. 

Bill M

Shocking front 9 of 48 (which was lucky not judgement to even get that) and a stronger back 9 43. Been reading "Golf is not a game of perfect" as I'm so bad at getting in my own head. Hit 4 consecutive pars trying the techniques which was nice.