IGNORED

2016 Hyundai Tournament of Champions Discussion Thread

Club Rat
Note: This thread is 3034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

12 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Yeah, the high tops are odd but that isn't the problem ... it's the baseball pants that he's wearing to highlight the shoes that are the real problem there.  Yikes!

:doh:

The high-tops are evident but what you have to look closer to see is he's also wearing a pair of tracky bottoms that form a sort of ghetto fabulous modern plus four. 

http://www.golfpunkhq.com/fashion/article/rickie-fowler-wears-high-tops-and-tracksuit-while-playing

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm sooooooo jealous..... Don't think the High Tops would help my game..... But hey, one never knows.....

Wish I could play just one tour event before I'm gone.... I'd even settle for a Pro-Am, especially if it's on the Emerald Island.

fowler.jpg.3bc658df4ef94356985aee1679ef3

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Jogger trousers with ruched ankles it's the new thing. I see guys wearing them with sport coats and sweaters. Would look better with a classic low top like a Vans design, Puma has some casual street golf shoes. That's my fashion Friday tip.

Dave :-)

1 hour ago, Club Rat said:

Wish I could play just one tour event before I'm gone.... I'd even settle for a Pro-Am, especially if it's on the Emerald Island.

Here's your chance, a one-day pro-am at PGA West, only $4,000.  Its not the Emerald Isle, but Palm Springs isn't all that bad.

http://www.careerbuilderchallenge.com/proam/eisenhower_bob_hope_legacy_proam/

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

9 minutes ago, rehmwa said:

Ladies - so this is a fashion thread? 

:whistle:

Philistine. Go wear your black dress socks with golf sandals.:ninja:

Colin P.

6 hours ago, Club Rat said:

I'm sooooooo jealous..... Don't think the High Tops would help my game..... But hey, one never knows.....

fowler.jpg.3bc658df4ef94356985aee1679ef3

Jesus how the hell do you concentrate with those girls waiting for you after a round? My head would be all messed up.

Btw, so much for me thinking Spieth would start the year slow and rusty. Some things I guess never change.

I don't think the old guard at Augusta National are going to like it if he shows up wearing those shoes and pants at the Masters.

Joe Paradiso

Man, it's fun to have live golf in the evening. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Yeah, Jordan is picking up where he left off last season.  Playoff football and golf this weekend, who could ask for more?

Joe Paradiso

2 hours ago, newtogolf said:

I don't think the old guard at Augusta National are going to like it if he shows up wearing those shoes and pants at the Masters.

I hope not, but you're probably right. Didn't they get really pissed at him for wearing a hat backwards a few years ago? I remember reading something about one of the members or the board really getting in his face about it. 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

The kid is unreal, damn, I am loving tournament golf more than I ever have, I think.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Spieth knows the math and pursues rare territory

By DOUG FERGUSON (AP Golf Writer) 6 hours ago AP - Sports

KAPALUA, Hawaii (AP) -- Even with only three semesters of college before he decided to try to make a living playing golf, Jordan Spieth is good at math.

With four birdies and a pair of tough pars on the final six holes Friday in the Hyundai Tournament of Championship, he shot a 9-under 64 to build a four-shot lead in the first PGA Tour event of the year. More startling was the total score - 16-under 130.

That's only one shot off the 36-hole record at Kapalua set by Ernie Els in 2003. And there's more. Els won that year at 31 under, making him the only player in PGA Tour history to finish 30 under or lower in a 72-hole event.

Can he beat that.      http://sports.yahoo.com/news/spieth-knows-math-pursues-rare-territory-071044207--golf.html  

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

14 hours ago, jbishop15 said:

I hope not, but you're probably right. Didn't they get really pissed at him for wearing a hat backwards a few years ago? I remember reading something about one of the members or the board really getting in his face about it.

If I remember correctly, one of the members took his hat off his head and put it back on with the bill in the front while he was doing an interview.

Joe Paradiso

7 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

If I remember correctly, one of the members took his hat off his head and put it back on with the bill in the front while he was doing an interview.

I thought I read something about a confrontation before or after a press conference. Regardless, we're talking about the same thing. Kind of ridiculous. Hope they lighten up. 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Spieth looks like he's bulked up a bit. 

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

Note: This thread is 3034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!