IGNORED

What's the smallest purposely made bunker you've ever seen?

Note: This thread is 2831 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This one's pretty small. I bet there's one smaller though.Screen Shot 2016-04-27 at 6.51.30 AM.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Bet that would be a pretty easy bunker to rake once you hit out of it :dance:  I ain't seen bunkers smaller than this on the courses I play.  A lot bigger, yes :~(

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

This one's pretty small. I bet there's one smaller though.Screen Shot 2016-04-27 at 6.51.30 AM.png

My Dad's old course used to have one like this, just off the front edge of a green. They eventually got rid of it.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I played at Whistling Straits last summer, and there are a few (of the 1200 or so bunkers) that are a similar size.  Our caddie told  us, the good news is that there are about 1000 bunkers that aren't even in play.  The bad news, that still leaves a couple of hundred that ARE in play.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Former home course had a bunker behind the 8th called the toilet bowl. It was just slightly bigger. Sucks being in it because is more like a giant sand filled divot sunken into a mound. 

Dave :-)

2 hours ago, pganapathy said:

Bet that would be a pretty easy bunker to rake once you hit out of it :dance:  I ain't seen bunkers smaller than this on the courses I play.  A lot bigger, yes :~(

If you can find a rake that small. :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

2 maybe 3 feet wide I think. An old  tree was removed. Instead of replacing the tree, they just filled hole in with sand. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• Administrator

I think the 14th hole at the Pete Dye course in French Lick (it was probably played as the fifth when the Seniors played there last year) has a ridiculously small bunker that is in a stupid spot - just in front of the green on a barely reachable (but uphill) par five.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 1 month later...
On 4/27/2016 at 9:56 AM, Lihu said:

If you can find a rake that small. :-D

Done!

minizen.jpg

• Upvote 1

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

32 minutes ago, bwdial said:

Done!

minizen.jpg

Good Find!

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Oakland Hills #15. There is a small pot bunker right in front of the green that the caddies call "The Devil's A$$hole". Excuse the language, but that's what they call it. 

- Shane

• 2 weeks later...
On June 5, 2016 at 8:15 PM, CarlSpackler said:

Oakland Hills #15. There is a small pot bunker right in front of the green that the caddies call "The Devil's A$$hole". Excuse the language, but that's what they call it. 

What state is that in ?

24 minutes ago, Steelergolfer311 said:

What state is that in ?

Yours (Michigan), I think.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

On June 5, 2016 at 8:15 PM, CarlSpackler said:

Here's the only picture of it I could find:

Tenth+Hole.jpg

http://top100golf.blogspot.com/2007/05/pine-valley-golf-club.html

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

On 4/27/2016 at 5:54 AM, nevets88 said:

There used to be a golf course near George Bush Airport in Houston called H&H Guest Ranch.  I remember it having a couple of bunkers about the size of the one in that pic.  Also their greens weren't a lot bigger.  :-)

Edited by RickK

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

• 3 weeks later...

At a course in Central PA called Toftrees that I played once, there were lots of little bunkers. Not recalling exactly how small, but I feel like I remember being in a bunker where I had to stand with one foot outside it with the ball at the far end.  So maybe 2-3 foot diameter? I also remember that hole being a disaster.

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard about Whistling Straits too, more than 1000 bunkers rough estimate, although most of them were designed primarily for intimidation. Talk about mean and sadistic. Did you know you can blame bunkers on Scottish sheep? They are the original "sand trap architect".

ProVictoryOPT_logo.jpg

Note: This thread is 2831 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!