IGNORED

What do you HATE the most about golf?

stolpioni
Note: This thread is 2883 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Of course we don't hate golf overall, only on certain days.

When you have a bad day, what do you hate most about golf?

For me it's probably when starting the round off well, thinking "this is going to be a great round", only to hit a few shanks in a row and ruin everything. You get your hopes up, and then your hopes get crushed. So I guess how hard it is to get consistency in my shots. That's really what I hate about golf.

• Upvote 1

That it takes 4-5hours per round and travel time. Makes it tough to dedicate the amount of time i want to spend on it.

Wish more courses were designed with 6holesX3  layout so you can finish them quickly and choose to play only 6 (though i'd love to play 18 always).

About hopes getting crushed with bad shots, always start each round accounting for a few bad shots, lost balls, hazards etc. When you face one of them - its one from the expected count - even pro's have bad shots, the number of shots will reduce as your game improves.

• Upvote 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 minutes ago, longdrive23 said:

About hopes getting crushed with bad shots, always start each round accounting for a few bad shots, lost balls, hazards etc. When you face one of them - its onefrom the expected count - even pro's have bad shots, the number of shots will reduce as your game improves.

That is a good way to think about it. Will try that!

If I start of making a Par, I always expect to end up at Par. Even as a 15 handicapper.

Love golf.

Slow play is what I don't like,I better be careful and not elaborate too much or I'll be getting my arse slung off the board again........haha but I stick to what I said.

• Upvote 1

Slow play

• Upvote 1

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

There is nothing I really hate about golf. I'm a bit addicted to it, but I don't get to play and practice enough. I don't like slow play, but it doesn't make me hate golf. 

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

About playing golf? when I have it one day and the next day it is completely gone.

About playing with golfers? Players that aren't ready to hit when its their turn.

After golf? the constant bickering about handicaps/sandbagging.

I don't like slow play, but I don't hate anything about golf.  

• Upvote 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

34 minutes ago, RH31 said:

About playing golf? when I have it one day and the next day it is completely gone.

About playing with golfers? Players that aren't ready to hit when its their turn.

After golf? the constant bickering about handicaps/sandbagging.

hcaps/sbagging   this will be forever discussed.We're the same within our own group. Being in Thailand we have 2 major societies,one using the European system and one using the US system.loads of lively conversations.

I wouldn't say I hate anything about golf, but I am addicted to it so that could be why.  There are annoyances like slow play and rabbit players who push on groups in front of them even though there's no place to go, but none of that would qualify as hate. 

This might be better suited for a poll where you take some of the common reasons and see what the membership here relates to most.  My guess is slow play wins by a landslide

• Upvote 2

Joe Paradiso

57 minutes ago, RH31 said:

This is it for me.

While I get on a level that the short-comings in my swing can result in wildly different results, it is what makes this one of the most frustrating games to play. Easier to rationalize after a round, but very hard to deal with on the course.

19 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

While I get on a level that the short-comings in my swing can result in wildly different results, it is what makes this one of the most frustrating games to play

This is the definitely the most frustrating in my own game.  Slow play would take it if it was golf on the whole.  I have decided to start using game golf again and was looking at my results from last year. Unfortunately I don't think my current results are much much better. Check out the percentages left and right.

left right.JPG

Edited by sirhacksalot
werrds is hard

6 hours ago, stolpioni said:

Of course we don't hate golf overall, only on certain days.

When you have a bad day, what do you hate most about golf?

I remind myself that a bad day golfing is better than a good day at work. Other than that, I hate rude golfers 

19 minutes ago, 9wood said:

I remind myself that a bad day golfing is better than a good day at work. Other than that, I hate rude golfers 

I try to tell myself that, except that sometimes I'd take a bad day at work to a frustrating day on the course. At least I'm getting paid to be at work as opposed to paying to play bad golf.

What I hate most about golf is I don't have enough time and money to play as much as I'd like.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Nothing about the game of golf bothers me.  I don't mind slow play, poor course conditions, bad shots, or missed putts. Heck, I don't even mind the snobbery from the know it alls that I sometimes run into both on, and off the course, as they are eaily ignored.  All this said, I am not a fan of playing in higher (2 club) wind conditions. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Note: This thread is 2883 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!