IGNORED

Rate Your Game Relative to Same Handicappers

iacas
Note: This thread is 2885 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Rate yourself relative to golfers with the same handicap index as you. A is great, F is terrible.  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Relative to golfers of the same handicap index, how do you rate your full swing?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F
  2. 2. Relative to golfers of the same handicap index, how do you rate your short game?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F
  3. 3. Relative to golfers of the same handicap index, how do you rate your putting?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I feel like my drives are still too wild for my game, so I voted "D" for long game.

I feel like I'm a pretty darn good putter, so I voted "B" there.

That kind of forces me to put "C" for my short game, which is fine, because I don't think it really stands out one way or another.  Then again, I'm frequently going lower, so I guess I don't really have to average a C. :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

D long game, just been horrible for 18 months now.

A short game.  No one I play with (maybe 20 or 30 people, most in my hcap range) can match me.

A putting, same as above.  

Problem is, I get little satisfaction from scraping together an 82 or 83 with my short game.  I'd rather pound the ball and shoot 86.  Oh well.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

C, B, A

State of my game: I hit my drive very well most of the time but never long on level ground. I hit my fairway woods well only 25% of the time. Medium-long Irons are inconsistent due to tendency to pull shots left. Short irons and wedges are typically good. Putting is great with my handicap range.

Self analysis: I wish I could spend more time on my game.

Golf kept me close to my father during the four years in the 1960's that I worked for him on weekends as his caddy. I didn't play then, but later did start playing once he insisted "it was time". It's been a joy ever since.

Adams Tight Lies 2 ST Driver 9 Deg.
Adams Tight Lies 2 ST 3 Wood
Future owner of Titleist Irons & Vokey Wedges
1968 Shakespeare Gary Player Signature Mallet Putter (A gift from my Dad)

• Administrator
54 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

I feel like my drives are still too wild for my game, so I voted "D" for long game.

I feel like I'm a pretty darn good putter, so I voted "B" there.

That kind of forces me to put "C" for my short game, which is fine, because I don't think it really stands out one way or another.  Then again, I'm frequently going lower, so I guess I don't really have to average a C. :beer:

They don't have to average C. They just can't all be better or all worse.

D, A, A is perfectly believable because the D contributes more weight.

Heck, call it 65% of your grade, 20% of your grade, and 15% of your grade. Or even it out a little bit more and make it… 60/20/20, or 50/25/25… and you can easily see how the long game pulls the average up or down quite a bit.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I have waited to reply because I have wanted to think about this.

Long game- Average C-

Driving - D (I am short and crooked. Bad combination. When playing well I hit it straight-ish)

Irons - B- (I am pretty accurate with my irons)

Short Game - C- (I used to be MUCH better at chipping and pitching but lack of practice time has hurt this part of my game)

Putting - B+ (I can be a very good putter. I struggle with speed control at time when I start accelerating my putter, but I have always been a pretty good putter)

I have never been really great at one part of my game. When I was young I was a VERY straight driver of the ball with a very good short game. But I was way too short to be really competitive and over time lack of practice has both of those parts of the game deteriorating. 

Michael

Full swing = D. Mainly because I'm so inconsistent. In a scramble, I'm good for a couple of drives, and probably five full approach shots. But, playing as an individual, my misses are disastrous, and I often get 8 penalty strokes per round.

Short game = B. My chip and run can deliver 3.5 one-putts per game, and my close-in wedges are about half inside 10 feet, except for a couple I chunk and don't get on the green.

Putting = C. Again, I'm somewhat inconsistent. Over last four rounds (those since mid-May), I have ranged from 30 to 36 putts. A couple of three-putts often degrade my up-and-down gains.

Hate to say it, but I often play better in scrambles because the pressure isn't all on me to do well.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

B,D,C.

I can drive the ball well and have developed a decent full swing approach game, but I am a horror story off the green which is most holes.  Rarely do I get up and down, even if I am only a couple of feet off the green.  My putting is just "OK".

I voted C, C, D.  I used the GG "Strokes Gained" to figure out what the grades should be.  I used the 15 Handicap comparison.  Although I'm firmly planted between 15 and 20, I figured the 15 would be a more accurate representation of my skills.  It says I'm just about equal on Full swing, averaging .26 strokes gained.  I'm slightly worse at short game  with .58 SG.  The leakage is my putting, I'm well over 2 strokes worse than a 15 Handicapper, at 2.21!

DJ

Follow me at Game Golf Profile: http://www.gamegolf.com/player/djfajt71 

Compared to others in my handicap? 

full - B = I usually can hang with players who are better than I am here. 

short game - C = it's okay. Actually a C+. I don't hit any really poor chips, but nothing really great either. I can get out of a bunker without injury, but I'm no one is going to compare my bunker shots to Seve any time soon. 

putting - D = Actually a D-. One three putt is forgivable in a round. Three is not.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

F, C, A.

One of only two posters to vote F on full swing.  Even when I was at my best (consistent 7 index) I had a lot of bad shots almost every round.  Like pull hook 3 woods that go forty yards off target or fat 7 irons that still left me a wedge into the green.

I'd give myself a B on short game if my greenside bunker play wasn't so awful.  It's been bad for years now.

But I am a good putter.  I used to play in a scramble every year with a pro and he insisted that I putt last because he was convinced I was a better putter.  I'm not sure that was true but putting was the one weak spot in his game.

"Witty golf quote."

Note: This thread is 2885 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!