IGNORED

DNC

Gunther
Note: This thread is 2833 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
8 hours ago, drmevo said:

I don't think it was intended to be a criticism of politicians or anyone using Twitter in general, I think the point was that most of Trump's policies are no more than sound bites, and he has yet to explain how he would implement most of them. He has an overly-simplistic explanation for everything, hence the black and white comment. 

And Obama said he'd have all the troops out of Afghanistan in months, and then when he takes office, he too learns it's not that simple, and it doesn't work that way, and so on.

Politicians do this. It's bullshit for one politician to rip on another for doing the same things he's done himself.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, iacas said:

And Obama said he'd have all the troops out of Afghanistan in months, and then when he takes office, he too learns it's not that simple, and it doesn't work that way, and so on.

Politicians do this. It's bullshit for one politician to rip on another for doing the same things he's done himself.

I get your point, but I don't believe Obama promised that before he was elected president. Besides, it's one thing to have a plan and change it later based on new information or a fluid situation (yes, you could still say it's breaking a promise), it's another thing entirely to have no realistic plan at all. Trump has no realistic plan for how to build the wall (much less pay for it).  He has no plan for how to deport 11 million people.  He has no concept of the damage a 35% trade tariff would inflict on our economy.

He hasn't thought out the details for any of these things. At least have some framework that isn't batshit crazy.  For example, shutting down wire transfers back to Mexico or whatever he said he'd do until Mexico agreed to pay for the wall, doesn't stand up to any reasonable scrutiny.  

Anyway...

Whether you like him or not, that was vintage Slick Willie working the crowd tonight.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

On 7/23/2016 at 3:06 PM, Gunther said:

Good take on the Senate implications, I didn't even make that connection.

I'm happy to hear Bernie voters won't be happy.  I've also seen some backlash on Twitter that this ticket has no emotional connections to compel blacks to turn out.  

Will be interesting to see the Bernie demonstrators, more expected in Philly than were in Cle.  

Yeah, the people with the "Dump Trump" signs amused me. Like there was any chance of them voting Republican at all!

What was their motivation? Other than being provided free transportation, maybe a lunch, and 15 bucks an hour to walk around and hold up a sign!

Edited by Buckeyebowman

30 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

Anyway...

Whether you like him or not, that was vintage Slick Willie working the crowd tonight.

Yeah, Bill knows how to work a crowd alright.  I thought it was a good one.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

19 hours ago, mtsalmela80 said:

They should follow up their illegal alien speech by grabbing a couple guys out of Gitmo to speak on Islamic rights.

18 hours ago, Gunther said:

It's masterful bon mots like this that make me happy to have started this thread.  Well played sir,  very well played.

Or they could bring out the illegal aliens that work for conservatives in the southern states to speak. Let's not pretend that this doesn't occur either. We all don't like illegal immigration, but someone is hiring those people and it is Dems, Republicans, independents etc. Supply and demand. If no one hired them, then wouldn't come. 

21 hours ago, Elmer said:

I saw the delegate from VT, a young women who had a Bernie Tattoo. She was upset that Bernie was not given enough respect and attention. She felt that night 1 should have been about Bernie.
What I found funny about the 3 Bernie delegate who were interviewed post convention.

One thing Bernie supporters seem to overlook is Bernie has never been a Democrat. He is also a career politician who says he is an outsider. How can you be an outsider if you've been in the system since the 70s?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

10 hours ago, iacas said:

Campaigns are nothing but months of promises!
A Term is nothing but broken promises and failed expectations.
And yet politicians continue to rip one another.

The only take away from DNC night 2, Bill Clinton still "has his fastball"!
The guy can still give a speech.
If he was able to run again I would bet money he would easily beat both Trump & Hillary!

Edited by Elmer

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Few more takes:

Appearently the only way to counter Michelle Obama's speech is to point out how well the slaves were treated. ""Slaves that worked there were well fed and had decent lodgings provided by the government, which stopped hiring slave labor in 1802," said the host of Fox’s “The Factor".

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/bill-oreilly-slaves-white-house-226257#ixzz4FcPIHx9b 
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/bill-oreilly-slaves-white-house-226257

Regarding the hack, Surprised this is not a bigger issue!

When an insider uncovers malfeasance, he brings information to the public in order to stop the wrongdoing. That’s not what happened here. The better analogy for these hacks is Watergate. To help win an election, the Russians broke into the virtual headquarters of the Democratic Party. The hackers installed the cyber-version of the bugging equipment that Nixon’s goons used—sitting on the DNC computers for a year, eavesdropping on everything, collecting as many scraps as possible. This is trespassing, it’s thievery, it’s a breathtaking transgression of privacy. It falls into that classic genre, the dirty trick. Yet that term feels too innocent to describe the offense. Nixon’s dirty tricksters didn’t mindlessly expose the private data of low-level staff.

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Still a good thing for Hillary is that on nearly all the issues Bernie supporters align more with Hillary than Trump. 

nield-pew-policy

Trump is going to have to battle substance versus being letdown by the DNC. I think more Bernie supporters would be inclined not to vote at all versus voting for Trump. I think a lot of Bernie supporters will slowly be swayed back to Hillary's side as Bernie keeps pushing for it and as time heals wounds. 

1 hour ago, Elmer said:

The only take away from DNC night 2, Bill Clinton still "has his fastball"! The guy can still give a speech. If he was able to run again I would bet money he would easily beat both Trump & Hillary!

I have to admit, the guy can keep you riveted. Which was good for Hillary because he just outlined her whole career as a politician, a wife, a mom in a very uplifting and positive way.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

http://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2016/07/27/uscla-times-tracking-poll-shows-hillary-clinton-getting-negative-bounce-during-convention/?utm_content=buffer83864&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

People, other than the 25 or 30% true disciples (a good number of them golfers it seems), just aren't eating the dog food being served at this convention.  Too much corruption, too much terrorism, too much division, too much spending, too many lies, too little success these past 8 years. Time for change.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

28 minutes ago, Elmer said:

Regarding the hack, Surprised this is not a bigger issue!

When an insider uncovers malfeasance, he brings information to the public in order to stop the wrongdoing. That’s not what happened here. The better analogy for these hacks is Watergate. To help win an election, the Russians broke into the virtual headquarters of the Democratic Party. The hackers installed the cyber-version of the bugging equipment that Nixon’s goons used—sitting on the DNC computers for a year, eavesdropping on everything, collecting as many scraps as possible. This is trespassing, it’s thievery, it’s a breathtaking transgression of privacy. It falls into that classic genre, the dirty trick. Yet that term feels too innocent to describe the offense. Nixon’s dirty tricksters didn’t mindlessly expose the private data of low-level staff.

The hack is huge deal. The apparent connection with the Russian government that stands to benefit greatly from the proposed foreign policy of a presidential candidate, whose credit line happens to run straight through Moscow, seems too substantial to dismiss.

65 percent of Americans have a negative opinion of Russia; one consequence of having an old, white voting base is that they remember the Cold War. The Dems should keep digging at this story; it may be their strongest weapon to attack Trump's credibility with working-class white voters.

Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

7 minutes ago, Gunther said:

People, other than the 25 or 30% true disciples (a good number of them golfers it seems), just aren't eating the dog food being served at this convention.  Too much corruption, too much terrorism, too much division, too much spending, too many lies, too little success these past 8 years. Time for change.

If you looked at the polls for Trump he didn't see his boost till after the RNC convention.

DNC.JPG

Also, the link you posted is to a prediction not a poll. Basically they are using 3000 to guess who will win in November. This isn't a poll on who they would vote for now. 

So, Twitchy dot com misinterpreted the USC website. 

USC prediction.JPG

The guy who has a track record for being highly accurate in predictions still has Hillary's chance of winning at 60%

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/#plus

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

5 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

If you looked at the polls for Trump he didn't see his boost till after the RNC convention.

DNC.JPG

Also, the link you posted is to a prediction not a poll. Basically they are using 3000 to guess who will win in November. This isn't a poll on who they would vote for now. 

So, Twitchy dot com misinterpreted the USC website. 

USC prediction.JPG

The guy who has a track record for being highly accurate in predictions still has Hillary's chance of winning at 60%

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/#plus

Simple answer: the polls are always volatile in the period between the conventions. McCain jumped ahead in the polls at this time in 2008, but it evaporated once the data caught up to what happened at the Democratic convention. No need for the left to panic, no need for the right to get cocky.

The very unusual dynamic about these conventions is how the Democrats are making a serious effort to claim the banner of family values and rally-around-the-flag patriotism away from the GOP, appeals that were unusually muted last week.

Right now the Dems are seeing a bunch of children (Bernie or Bust) who saw their candidate (Bernie) get 80% of his agenda on the Democratic Platform and got Hillary to agree to it, but because he didn't get the nomination they're whining about it.These idealists think that if they throw the moderates under the bus, they'll get their way in 4 to 8 years. With a possible 7-2 conservative Supreme Court they won't for decades. But when people are thinking emotionally you can't talk sense into them. And still others aren't taking Trump seriously yet.

You see these people talking about voting for Jill Stein. Jill Stein is no more qualified to be president than I am. She's never held public office. Anyone can take positions and get their name on a ballot. She did a lot of volunteer work.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

I'll bet the Dems wish Hillary could have spoke last night and let Obama finish it off tonight. Don't like his policies, but Barry can give a mean speech. HC is going to have a hard time topping that.

Note: This thread is 2833 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!