IGNORED

Most Number of Pars in a Round

iacas
Note: This thread is 1867 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Maximum Par Rounds  

81 members have voted

1. 1. What's the most number of pars you've had in an 18-hole round of golf?

• 1-6
    • 7-10
    • 11-12
    • 13-14

18 minutes ago, stealthduffer said:

My best would be 14 or 15. But my favorite was finishing with  11 straight for a 77. Boring but in the best way. 

Oh, I remember my most boring round. 17 bogies and one par. 

I had 14 pars in a round once, which I'm certain is the most. I remember this because it was only two years ago, and was an exceptionally good round for me as I wasn't playing well at the time.

"Witty golf quote."

1 minute ago, Aguirre said:

Oh, I remember my most boring round. 17 bogies and one par. 

I had 14 pars in a round once, which I'm certain is the most. I remember this because it was only two years ago, and was an exceptionally good round for me as I wasn't playing well at the time.

When I got done I told my buddy that it was nine straight (all none holes on the back) and he said that it was 11 because I'd parred 8 and 9. I said that, either way it was fun and he admitted that it was fun just to watch. 

On 7/29/2016 at 7:28 AM, iacas said:

So, how many 18-par rounds have you ever had? Or, what is the highest number of pars you've had in a round?

I haven't had any 18-par rounds, but I've had holes I'd like to think of as par-18s.  

Best is 11 par-or-better for me, and was very recent.  Two of those were birds, though, and it seems elsewhere in the thread those aren't counting as pars... but I think my nine pars that round are my best also.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Many years ago I shot a 77, and had 8 pars and 3 birdies.

A few years back I had an ERRATIC round with 9 pars, but several double and triple bogies. I didn't threaten 80 that day.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

12.  But it was a god-awful experience.

Edited by Piz
wrong topic

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

On 8/24/2016 at 5:08 PM, StefanUrkel said:

How is it possible to be a 9.6 and only broken par once?

I dunno, I didn't invent the handicap formula

• Upvote 1

-Rich

I honestly don't know and I gave up after looking at GG trying to figure it out and not getting anywhere. I average about 9 a round and good days appear to around 11ish. I thought I'd find the answer in my personal best round but that was 9 pars with 4 birdies.

Dave :-)

I think you meant "only broken 80 once."

Brian Kuehn

My best round is a 73 with 3 birdies & 4 bogies, so 11 pars. I'd guess that's the most but it is possible that I've had more when shooting something in the mid 70's but I don't remember any even any 9's with all pars.

I do remember winning money from a friend a number of years ago when he shot 73, bogeyed the last hole and he had made 17 pars before that. I don't think I broke 80 that day but I remember having at least 4 birdies, but I had some blow up holes as well, and I was likely getting 1 or 2 a side that helped me as well.

Wish I could put those kind of numbers up today

Players play, tough players win!

1 hour ago, bkuehn1952 said:

I think you meant "only broken 80 once."

It does seem a little unlikely, but certainly not impossible.  The best 10 averages Sourse Rating + 10, so for a course rating range of 71 (pretty common) to 73 (good and long) that would mean an "best 10" average of 81 to 83.  It certainly seems likely that  an occasional 70-something round would be there.  The tougher the course being played, the less likely 70-something rounds become for a 9.6 index.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

I didn't break 80 much until I got to 7.X. It was always right there but just a bad hole or two away. My par average was also lower say 6 a round.

Dave :-)

On 7/29/2016 at 9:28 AM, iacas said:

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/1074402

The other day I had a round with 18 straight pars. I thought I might birdie the 10th (and a hole or two before that, perhaps), but after about the 12th hole I was really almost more interested in getting what I think is my third 18-par round instead of shooting 71 or 70…

So, how many 18-par rounds have you ever had? Or, what is the highest number of pars you've had in a round?

I can't answer that question, but I like it!   It's getting me thinking........  I don't think I've ever played a round with 18 pars.    I've had bogey free rounds before, but always screwed up "the par streak"  with at least a birdie or two when playing that well....LOL  I voted for 16, but it's just a guess.  

Coincidentally, my lowest ever score of -4 included two bogeys and a double!!!   (I had 6 birdies and an eagle that day) 

Edited by BuckeyeNut

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

14 is my best number for a PR 77.  11 GIR + 3 nGIR par saves.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

5 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

It does seem a little unlikely, but certainly not impossible.  The best 10 averages Sourse Rating + 10, so for a course rating range of 71 (pretty common) to 73 (good and long) that would mean an "best 10" average of 81 to 83.  It certainly seems likely that  an occasional 70-something round would be there.  The tougher the course being played, the less likely 70-something rounds become for a 9.6 index.

The two courses I play are 72.8/134 and 72.8/133 from the tees I play. I hover around the low 80s a good amount, but I can't get over the hump :(

I actually haven't updated my handicap in like two years, though. I should probably set up a GHIN profile or whatever through my club.

-Rich

Now I know for certain that I've had 13 pars, along with 2 birdies, 2 bogies, and a double for 74.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• 2 years later...
On 7/29/2016 at 9:28 AM, iacas said:

Earlier this week I started with 17 pars before a bogey on 18.  Great drive, fat 8-iron (was feeling the pressure), shanked chip, finally knocked it on and made a long putt for bogey.  Had 13 GIRs without a birdie dropping but would have loved getting all pars!!

WITB:  088539C8-1A10-4551-9AC5-9770625CCBB0.png.328b5e9003a7a51f646d356f617dff83.png M5 10.5 degree with GraphiteDesign Tour AD IZ shaft,  M2 3-Wood, 3-hybrid and 5-hybrid,  P790 6I-PW, 52 and 58 degree Vokey wedges  and 64 degree 088539C8-1A10-4551-9AC5-9770625CCBB0.png.328b5e9003a7a51f646d356f617dff83.png Hi-Toe wedge and Tour Spider putter.  088539C8-1A10-4551-9AC5-9770625CCBB0.png.328b5e9003a7a51f646d356f617dff83.png TP5X or Callaway Chrome Soft X balls.  Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Align grips.

I've never tracked them, or at least I don't remember my most pars for 18 holes, but I do recall one round where I had made 6 pars on the front 9 of an 18 hole round (the other 3 holes were 2 bogey's and a birdie - made the turn at 1 over).  No idea what I did on the back that day though.  I probably wouldn't even remember the front 9 if my buddy hadn't made a big deal about while we were waiting on the 10th tee to start the back 9. 

I also made the turn one time about 10 years ago at 3 under par - 4 birdies, 4 pars, 1 bogey.  That round I played bogey golf over the last 7 holes on my way to a 76.  I think I had a total of 7 or 8 pars for the full 18.

I've shot 73 (1 over) once (and don't even remember a single shot or hole on that round), probably 30-40 rounds in the 70's over the last 30 years, but I never paid much attention to exactly the ratio of par to birdie to bogey, so I can't really pick a number in the poll.

Edit:  After looking over the options, I went with the most logical choice for my game, 7-10.  I know that when I was playing my best golf, I was a scrambler, and my best rounds generally matched birdies with bogies, not long par streaks, to keep me in the mid 70's

Edited by Fourputt

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Note: This thread is 1867 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!