IGNORED

Bridgestone E6 vs Callaway SuperSoft

Note: This thread is 2808 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, RFG1022 said:

Has anyone had experience with these 2 ball brands? I'm looking for something with bite on the greens and control?

Thanks,

I've been playing the e6 for years. Love it. Not quite as soft as the B330Rx, but I find it the best fit for me. Never tried the Calloway

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like both but can't say that either has a great deal of spin around the green.   Both are known for limiting spin on a drive but with adequate distance.   

Best solution is to buy a sleeve of each and give them a go.   I prefer the E6 but probably play the Calloway more often.   

Another to try is the Srixon Q-Star, very similar ball. 

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

The two balls are similar...

The e6 does play pretty straight, and has decent bite on full approach shots. One problem: inside 20 yards, you pretty much have to go with a chip and run. It's hard to get checkspin near the green. In the spring it works great when ground is a bit soft. Once things start drying out, you don't get much close in.

e6 is great if you sometimes play bump and run shots inside 100 yards. It flies straight and will bounce a few times rather than stopping too quickly.

The SuperSoft leaks a bit more left and right, but gives you some checkspin inside 20 yards. Not that I back it up, but the short wedges hit and release maybe 3 yards. it also has decent bite on full approach shots.

For comparison, the Supersoft is probably closest to the TopFlite Gamer.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I have to dig through my collection of found golf balls and try the Callaway Supersofts.  Can't offer advice on those but as a high handicapper with ball control issues I can say the Bstone E6 is a great ball that flies straight, feels good off any club including a putter, and will check up better compared to low spin distance balls as @WUTiger has mentioned. I can say if you're  not a less than bogey golfer you will most likely enjoy the E6 but try both. @DriveforShow swears by Calloway Supersofts and I respect her opinion. Try a sleeve of both and if don't mind report back. 

Like others, I use the e6, and can't come up with a reason to change. They do everything my swing has them do. The only super soft ball I have used was a 50 compression ball. I think they were distributed by Kraft Smores, or maybe they were Wilson. I forget.  It was ok, but it wasn't an e6. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I recently switched to the e6 from ProV's and love them. Around the greens have taken some getting used to.  As others have mentioned the e6 rolls out more than other balls on short shots into the green.  I think the feel of the ball off of irons is great and found the feel off the putter to be even better.  The ball goes so damn straight, I often question if it's legal.  I haven't played the super soft, but I can't say enough about the e6.  I agree with @dennyjones.  Buy a sleeve of each and give them each a shot.  I just got two dozen e6's from Golfsmith for $50. I'm "that guy" that likes to play a yellow ball, but the e6 yellow isn't my fav personally.  It's not as bright as others and I find it harder to spot in the grass compared to e6 white.   

Actually I just bought a box of Supersofts last week and have played two rounds with them. They aren't bad balls, but I like the e6 better. The e6 is a bit straighter and has a more pleasing feel.

45 minutes ago, Golden Greek said:

I'm "that guy" that likes to play a yellow ball, but the e6 yellow isn't my fav personally.  It's not as bright as others and I find it harder to spot in the grass compared to e6 white.   

Last weekend I played some old E6 I have and another golfer casually flipped me crap about the yellow. I didn't know you could get teased for this. I think he was trying to be funny... I guess I still have a lot to learn about this game.

The SuperSoft comes in even more "outrageous" colors like (gasp) pink...

I played E6 all last year and it does check a little bit before releasing a few feet. It is straighter and a longer for me than comparable balls. However, I did not like the feel on putts and chips, so I switched balls for 2016. The E6 will do for me in a pinch, but I would not buy them again.

I bought one (1) sleeve of Supersoft to try them and I did not like them. All I can say positive about Supersoft was I seemed to hit a bit longer with my irons. I also hit some out of control shots with Supersoft. Some people swear by them. They did not work for me.

Edited by Kalnoky

I never got along well with either of these. The supersoft is just too soft feeling for me, which seems strange since I like the feel of wilson zips *which by the way I'd recommend quite cheap and good spin around the greens imo*. The e6 does seem to fly a bit straighter off the tee but I like a bit more grab on shorter shots than I can attain with it. On full shots in I can generate more than enough spin with most balls these days, so I focus more on the 30 and in shots.

Edited by Jeremie Boop

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I find the balls to be very different for my 88-90 driver SS.  The e6 is not as long for me but somewhat better around the green, very similar to the NXT Tour.  I enjoy playing golf balls like the SuperSoft because of the extra distance I get, but I do have to allow for more rollout on the greens.

• 2 weeks later...

I liked both balls a lot before I made the switch to urethane. I now play the e6s little brother, the bridgestone e5. Long and straight distance of a two piece but tour level spin from the urethane cover. The e6 has perfect feel, trajectory, and distance. It gets slightly better spin around the greens as well but at 28.99 a dozen, the e6 is really a rip off as there are similar balls for significantly less coin. Loved the supersoft at first but eventually just felt too soft for my liking. Btw, the e5 is the same price as the e6 and it gets the urethane cover so its a great bargain and a better performer than the e6 and ss. Yrmv but thats my .02

Best of luck

Both balls are more about full swing performance. Since higher handicap golfers miss a lot of greens they'd (me) be better served learning fail safe chipping techniques to save strokes. I'm a keep it simple type and keep the ball on the ground as much as possible because distance control is easier that way, trying to fly the ball to a target and judging how it will stop is iffy. When I play premium balls the problem is usually too much spin and not being able to always strike it perfectly to predict it and most lies around the green aren't good for it anyway.

Dave :-)

1 hour ago, Dave2512 said:

Both balls are more about full swing performance. Since higher handicap golfers miss a lot of greens they'd (me) be better served learning fail safe chipping techniques to save strokes. I'm a keep it simple type and keep the ball on the ground as much as possible because distance control is easier that way, trying to fly the ball to a target and judging how it will stop is iffy. When I play premium balls the problem is usually too much spin and not being able to always strike it perfectly to predict it and most lies around the green aren't good for it anyway.

Agreed and a point I've been trying to make is high spin balls are not going to help a high handicapper.

Does anyone think I'd have better results if I was using a high spin premium urethane ball?  I think it would be just as random as it already is:

GG stats.PNG

gg stats 2.PNG

1 minute ago, No Mulligans said:

Agreed and a point I've been trying to make is high spin balls are not going to help a high handicapper.

Does anyone think I'd have better results if I was using a high spin premium urethane ball?

GG stats.PNG

gg stats 2.PNG

I don't but you hit quite a few greens for your handicap. I just looked and I am at 41%.

Dave :-)

7 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

I don't but you hit quite a few greens for your handicap. I just looked and I am at 41%.

Lies, damn lies and statistics.

I'm wondering if our statistics are not comparable as I'm more often than not playing on an executive course.  A lot of my approaches from over 100 yards are from perfect lies, as in tee'd up in a tee box.  Even still, the 45% < than 15 yards from outside 100 yards does seem high.

2 hours ago, Dave2512 said:

Since higher handicap golfers miss a lot of greens they'd (me) be better served learning fail safe chipping techniques to save strokes.

That's me missing the greens alright. Forever scrambling. Ironically I have to say the Premium balls are much better greenside, even for me. I keep some premium balls I practice chipping with, just for fun. The spin is incredible. You can stop them within a foot. The feel off the putter is amazing. It literally make practice fun. If I could only strike these balls well (full swing) I would absolutely play them. I am basically forced to play cheaper "straight" balls because of my accuracy problems. 

Note: This thread is 2808 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!