IGNORED

Trump Courses - Would You Pay to Play One Now?

Note: This thread is 1526 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

13 hours ago, FLOG4 said:

So the Donald pays 50k for an employees wedding.....What employer does that...None I have known. 

FWIW, my in laws had their wedding paid for by their employer who owned a number of hotels in Maine and Florida back in the late 40s. So it is not unusual. My MIL was a book keeper and my FIL was the lifeguard.

Back on topic please.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

YES. Absolutely!  And if I was offered the chance to play in the POTUS foursome......again it would be a big yes. Golfing with the commander in chief and on a great golf course....doesn’t get much better.

We have 4 to 40 guys that show up every day at the local course. We have idiots that will not play with certain individuals they don’t like. I played yesterday with the one guy a few guys will not play with. The first few holes were tough because he is a little annoying, but he settled down and our foursome had an enjoyable round. I find I can always learn something from my playing partners. He followed all the golf rules, which ironically the judgmental players do not. You won’t learn much if you only live in your tiny bubble. 

20 hours ago, Jay28 said:

It's pretty sad when golf has to be mixed with politics.

It's not always political.  I wouldn't have played his courses before he announced his presidency.  I have always thought that the man is a pretty crappy human being and would never knowingly give him my money.

• Like 1

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

I wouldn't pay to play one of his courses, no. But ill play at them if its a part of a tournament or i get invited. Ive played at trump branded courses in the past.  Haven't really had much of an issue at them aside from the clubhouses being these kind of creepy cult lairs devoted to Trump. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, boogielicious said:

FWIW, my in laws had their wedding paid for by their employer who owned a number of hotels in Maine and Florida back in the late 40s. So it is not unusual. My MIL was a book keeper and my FIL was the lifeguard.

Back on topic please.

25 minutes ago, krupa said:

It's not always political.  I wouldn't have played his courses before he announced his presidency.  I have always thought that the man is a pretty crappy human being and would never knowingly give him my money.

BACK ON TOPIC

• 2 weeks later...

Not now, not ever.

• Like 1
  • :callaway: Callaway Epic Flash Driver.  Epic Flash 3 Wood.  GBB Flash 5 wood.  Epic Flash 4 Hybrid
  • :cleveland: Cleveland Launcher HB Irons, 4 through PW. CBX2 Wedges, 54 & 60 degree.
  • :seemore:  Seemore Si1 putter.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
10 minutes ago, Inferno2ss said:

Yep, and I will wear my MAGA hat while I am out there

No politics please.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

23 minutes ago, Inferno2ss said:

Sorry, no offense but how is saying "Would You Pay to Play One Now?" any less about politics than what I said?

This thread was created before we instituted the no politics rule. You can discuss the courses but leave the politics out of it, thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

You couldn't pay me to play one, but I do have to admit I like those types of courses and definitely the clubhouses.  I'm a "clubhouse" guy... love a good grill room and old school architecture.  And a veranda for the gin & tonic.  [If this sounds political let me know and I'll delete it]

• 2 weeks later...

The Turnberry courses are definitely worth a play. Played them last year, and going back this year. The slight change in design has made the Ailsa course much better, with no lack of scenic views. The International Golf Links is also worth a play if you are into your links golf, with quite a range of different styles of holes. Although I somewhat don't agree with what's happened politically, I don't want that to stop me from playing a world class course, such as these 2. Being an Open Championship course too, it's not an opportunity I would like to just pass up. 

If I was invited to play one, they’re probably really expensive and difficult to schedule by now. They were really exclusive before, now they’re elite.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

13 minutes ago, Lihu said:

If I was invited to play one, they’re probably really expensive and difficult to schedule by now. They were really exclusive before, now they’re elite.

They ARE expensive, but not necessarily hard to get onto.  I just checked a couple of random dates new May for both the Doonbeg and Aberdeen courses, I know, that's a long ways off, but that's how many of us plan our big golf trips.  There are plenty of tee times available, and the prices are in line with other nearby courses.  I'd still probably choose the other courses with longer histories.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

On 11/4/2019 at 1:16 PM, DaveP043 said:

They ARE expensive, but not necessarily hard to get onto.  I just checked a couple of random dates new May for both the Doonbeg and Aberdeen courses, I know, that's a long ways off, but that's how many of us plan our big golf trips.  There are plenty of tee times available, and the prices are in line with other nearby courses.  I'd still probably choose the other courses with longer histories.

You are correct Dave about the lack of exclusivity, all you need to do to get a time is pay the fees. However Trump International is £275 a round in May2020. That is $350 and near double that  of all but a few courses in the NE Scotland(Royal Aberdeen £190). If I had flown across the pond to play golf there I would probably pay it mind. Every golfer I have spoke to who has played rated it the best course they had ever played. All of them.

Stevie T

1 hour ago, Beastie said:

You are correct Dave about the lack of exclusivity, all you need to do to get a time is pay the fees. However Trump International is £275 a round in May2020. That is $350 and near double that  of all but a few courses in the NE Scotland(Royal Aberdeen £190). If I had flown across the pond to play golf there I would probably pay it mind. Every golfer I have spoke to who has played rated it the best course they had ever played. All of them.

I'm not sure I would, I value the history of a course as well as the course itself, and outside of Turnbury, the Trump courses' history is about 3 weeks long when compared to the rest of Scotland.  I've played at Kingsbarns, and its a wonderful golf course, but seemed rather "fair", kind of Americanized.   Of course if someone else does the planning, I'm happily going wherever he says to go.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Note: This thread is 1526 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!