IGNORED

first ace

mtsalmela80
Note: This thread is 2793 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I got my first ever hole in one the other day. A PW on a short par 3, about 115. Never thought it would happen, ended up 2 over for the 9 holes.  Not another feeling quite like it. It's been a picture perfect week for golf in the northeast. Any other aces recently?

• Upvote 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Congrats! Still no aces here.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, jamo said:

Ditto. :-( I gave you the award, too, @mtsalmela80.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I have never had a hole in one "Ace" in 40 plus years of playing golf. I have had several eagles that I have holed out, from much greater distance than your average par 3. Yet the Ace still alludes me, and I feel like I'm running out of time. Congrats! 

Congrats!!! Thats soooo cool!!! No ace for me either. Thought I had one once, even had a witness. Tee shot went right down the stick and into the hole only to somehow hop out and come to rest on the lip. 

Congratulations - well done!

D: Ping G25 Stock S Shaft
3W: Titleist 915F 16.5* Diamana S70 Blue Stiff
3H, 4H: Callaway XR Project X LZ 6.0
5i-PW: Mizuno MP54 Project X 5.5 Shafts
52*, 58*: Mizuno JPX Wedge TT Dynalite Gold AP
Putter: Mizuno MP A306

Sweet!  Congrats to you!

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

Congratulations!!  :beer:

No recent aces for me, although I had one last spring, and one more about 30 years before that.  Its a great feeling!

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Still no aces, but congratulations just the same!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

12 hours ago, jamo said:

Me too - but I've only been playing about 45 years, so I'm hoping once I get some experience it will happen for me.
{price is right - losing sound clip}

Players play, tough players win!

Congrats!

I had one lip the cup a few years ago with @Jeremie Boop and @missitnoonan as my witnesses, but still no cigar. Whenever I hit the green on a par 3 and it doesn't go in the hole, I blame the green keeper for not putting the hole in the correct place. ;-)

- Shane

Congrats. No aces here, yet. I had an albatross this year, but while rare, I don't think it gets as much credit as a hole in one.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

10 minutes ago, kpaulhus said:

Congrats. No aces here, yet. I had an albatross this year, but while rare, I don't think it gets as much credit as a hole in one.

An albatross should get even more credit!  :dance:

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

14 hours ago, mtsalmela80 said:

So I got my first ever hole in one the other day. A PW on a short par 3, about 115. Never thought it would happen, ended up 2 over for the 9 holes.  Not another feeling quite like it. It's been a picture perfect week for golf in the northeast. Any other aces recently?

Congrats!

DJ

Follow me at Game Golf Profile: http://www.gamegolf.com/player/djfajt71 

2 hours ago, kpaulhus said:

I feel like an albatross should get significantly more credit than a hole-in-one on a par 3. 

I had a near hole in 1 yesterday that got me thinking; I hit a maybe a 'decent' shot at best and as the ball in the air I was talking to myself "No!... stay out of the bunker... no!!!" and it JUST flew the elevated bunker (short right side of the green) and had a MIRACULOUS bounce that looks all sorts of wanky (it kicked hard forward/left) and rolled up right next to the pin. Within about a foot. I started thinking... if that s*** went in for a hole in one.... how would that make me feel? God only knows if I were playing in a group and that had happened I would have been ridiculed I'm sure for that luck haha.

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

Thanks for all the congrats everyone. I hit the shot and my buddy was watching, I had time to walk up to see the green while it was up, and we saw it land, start towards the hole, slow, and I'm thinking "ok great birdie opportunity if not a gimme", then it just goes in.

Aces are strange, some guys have multiple, half a dozen or more, and they cannot break 90 on a good day. Then other top notch golfers never see one. It's certainly luck. The guy I play with who was also the witness has one himself a number of years back.

Shortly after the round I thought, "now just the albatross and I'll have em all". That might take a few more years, if ever...

The third guy who joined us kept saying, well that's an eagle as well. Technically I suppose he is correct but I don't think I'll count it as part of my eagles. Haven't had an eagle yet this year...

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 2793 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!