IGNORED

What's your 78 yard club?

sirhacksalot
Note: This thread is 2743 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Smooth sand wedge for me.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

For me it would be a nice relaxed 60, I hit that about 90 with a relatively full swing.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• Administrator

Anything from about an 8I to a LW. None full.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, CyboNinja said:

Depends in pin location. If the pin is near the front then a 58 wedge so I can land on the green and stop.

Same here.  It's about a 3/4 58* wedge.  Or if there is a lot of green to work with then it also could be a 2/3 (or whatever) 54* wedge.

Either I hit the best drive of the day, it's a par 5 or I blew it to get there. Depending which it could be a different answer. 

• Upvote 1

Dave :-)

With a good flat lie this is a full, flush 55-deg SW for me. But usually I hit them about 75 y because they're not always super flush (golf is hard)

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

3/4 PW under most conditions; second choice is 6i or 7i punch and run, especially if I'm facing a troublesome crosswind/quartering headwind.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

3/4 60* lob wedge. Typically that's my 95 -100 yd club. 

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

On 8/26/2016 at 6:13 PM, jusanothajoe said:

56* Vokey

Fish.jpg That fish in your avatar... any chance you killed it with a golf shot that went into the water? (I put one into the lake last Friday, but didn't have anything to show for it. :-()

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

12 hours ago, WUTiger said:

Fish.jpg That fish in your avatar... any chance you killed it with a golf shot that went into the water? (I put one into the lake last Friday, but didn't have anything to show for it. :-()

Yes, ProV1x, dropped and stopped him. :-D

Derrek

Righty in the left trap

On Friday, August 26, 2016 at 7:57 PM, Gunther said:

Regardless of pin placement, it would be a full 60, choked down an inch.  The only thing that would alter that, besides hitting from under a tree or something, would be wind.  

Recanting a bit.  Had 76 in today but a really tight, wet lie, basically sitting on the mud.  There is very little bounce on my 60 so I punched a 9, pin high, 8' right, converted.  So, reconsidering, lots of factors could alter my go-to 60 from 78 yards.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

It really depends on the situation but if I'm just looking to carry 78 yards, I'm going with a flighted SW.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 2743 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!