IGNORED

Best Username?

iacas
Note: This thread is 2715 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
44 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

My idea is the best username/avatar combo! In that case paininthenuts might be a runaway winner!

I set his avatar when he didn't after awhile. We give new users 15-25 posts…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 hours ago, billchao said:

@boogielicious is about waves. He's all new-age-y hipster like that ;-)

I always like @Stretch. Or @jamo.

Ha! No way. It's old school as in Boogie Woogie and boogie boarding. But it is about waves. 

I like @JetFan1983 because I get to feel sorry for him! :-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

15 hours ago, Gunther said:

@paininthenuts

Because it's pretty fitting.

Yeah, me thinks so  too.

However, the best golf moniker I ever saw on any golf forum was "golfjunkiesr" . His caddy went by "shag stick". 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Ha! No way. It's old school as in Boogie Woogie and boogie boarding. But it is about waves. 

Yea I know what it means, it was my bad attempt at a joke :-)

An alternative line would have been about your love of Disco :-P

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

@DavidFehertysBike is a good one too. @boogielicious is great because that is so ballsy. Not too many would attempt to impersonate Lady Bey's title.. :beer: (or come really really close to it). If you win, you are going to have to post a video of you dancing, singing and gyrating "All the single ladies.."..

I know of one that is about a really sweet love story but something tells me that they would prefer to be not mentioned or nominated.

Vishal S.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, GolfLug said:

I know of one that is about a really sweet love story but something tells me that they would prefer to be not mentioned or nominated.

If you're talking about me, I don't really care. Also, it's only sweet because I ended up marrying her. Otherwise it would be kinda creepy. ;-)

And if you're not talking about me, uhhhh, you didn't read any of that. I didn't post anything. Shhhhhh.

I like @GolfLug's username but I'd like it more if I understood what the "lug" part meant. I've met Vishal many times, and he's not what you think of when you call someone a "lug."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

30 minutes ago, iacas said:

I like @GolfLug's username but I'd like it more if I understood what the "lug" part meant. I've met Vishal many times, and he's not what you think of when you call someone a "lug."

Lug is Scottish slang for "ear", but I don't think that meaning makes @GolfLug make any more sense to me.

My favorite name is probably @Fourputt.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

32 minutes ago, iacas said:

If you're talking about me, I don't really care. Also, it's only sweet because I ended up marrying her. Otherwise it would be kinda creepy. ;-)

And if you're not talking about me, uhhhh, you didn't read any of that. I didn't post anything. Shhhhhh.

Well then, since you don't mind basking in the glory out in the open, I nominate you, my main man, as a contender - @iacas precisely because of the story behind it. Funny I though in the beginning it was some sort of acronym for a boring organizational association or something.. lol!

Not all names have to sound like a 'middle C' on a flute to be pretty.

35 minutes ago, iacas said:

I like @GolfLug's username but I'd like it more if I understood what the "lug" part meant. I've met Vishal many times, and he's not what you think of when you call someone a "lug."

In @GolfLug, the lug stands for a lug nut, like the ones that hold a wheel on the car.. :-) . It's a constant reminder to me to stay grounded, mostly indistinct but very importantly stay purposeful (hold the dang wheel in place) at all times regardless of the sate of motion of the wheel. Just my little personal life super-philosophy..

6 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Lug is Scottish slang for "ear", but I don't think that meaning makes @GolfLug make any more sense to me.

Vishal S.

I like @nevets88, for one because it took me way too long to realize that the letters were Steven spelled backwards.

And @newtogolf makes me chuckle sometimes because he's been playing golf and a member here long enough that he is now a big fat liar.:beer:

39 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

I like @nevets88, for one because it took me way too long to realize that the letters were Steven spelled backwards.

thanks for the insight!

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

10 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I like @JetFan1983 because I get to feel sorry for him! :-P

Grrrrrr...... Urge to throw keyboard rising....

My screen name is actually a misprint haha. It was supposed to be JetsFan, but I forgot the "s." But I prefer the misprint way now anyway...

But yea, the Jets make me sad. Ugh. I have a stomach ache now.  

Constantine

2 hours ago, JetFan1983 said:

My screen name is actually a misprint haha. It was supposed to be JetsFan, but I forgot the "s." But I prefer the misprint way now anyway...

Just tell everyone you like Jet.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

55 minutes ago, billchao said:

Just tell everyone you like Jet.

Oh yeah!  Gonzo like it!  that and "steppenwolf" from my biker daze.....

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Note: This thread is 2715 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!