IGNORED

What are Your 2017 Golf Goals?

iacas
Note: This thread is 2336 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My goals for 2017 are:

Play 50 rounds

Take lessons once every 2 weeks

Establish the Mediocre Golf Association in Winnipeg.

• Upvote 1

WITB

Cobra  Wishon 911 D FMAX 10.5 ,EQ-NX 4W, 7W, 4H/6H, 7-LW

Biomech Acculock Ace Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shoot 80. I shot mid/low 80s a couple times last year (in maybe a dozen outings...more of a range rat). And, I have dedicated myself to getting some instruction and improving my swing this winter. So...80 will be my goal.

Custom fit RBZ irons. Taylormade RBZ driver. Some crappy old high-bounce Macgregor wedge and an even older Mizuno 5 wood. Haven't settled on a ball yet - still looking. Decades of football, weightlifting and boxing came together to create the world's worst golfer. I'm slowly correcting that now. 

Attainable goal:  Win my flight in the annual GWOI...2-day, 45 hole stroke play tournament (edit: party) where all the dads/brothers/friends of guys I grew up with get together every Fall.

Lofty goal:  Shoot sub-200 over the 45 holes

How to accomplish:  

• Build a more consistent & reliable swing.  This process has begun with Winter lessons to strengthen my grip, as well as correct a hard over-the-top move where I found that I could only score well in those small windows of time where compensations & timing worked out.
  • Make a concentrated effort to hit more GIR, or near GIR, starting from the tee box.  In addition, accept that bogey's are going to happen and play for them when necessary
  • Leave the gentlemen's club by 10pm after the first day :beer:

Shot 213 and 206 the past two years, and looking forward to the challenge going forward!

- Bill

My goals are to shallow my swing out, improve my consistency/ball striking, and actually begin to track/increase my GIR (right now the goal is 4-5 GIR per 18)

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

My goals for this season are to get back to shooting in the low to mid 80's, maybe break 80 a time or two again.

Since I had wrist surgery my game is not what it was and I struggle to break 90.

I must improve my short game, amazing how quickly putting and the short game can go to heck if one does not practice, practice, practice.

I must also improve my ball striking. I am hitting loads of fairways but missing too many greens.

Practice Short game, chipping, pitching, putting. Improve Ball Striking. Hit more greens by improving Short Irons and Wedge game.

Continue to strengthen wrist and body through exercise and stretching

Retire mid year to Fall, play at least once per week thereafter and whittle away at my handicap. Maybe get into single digits sometime in 2018. Got some work to do, but it's work I like. Walk more, carry less.

Edited by Dloy

Work on my flexibility and core strength, practice at least 3-4 hours a week and play at least twice a week.  I've never been much of a "practicer."  I get bored and haven't really found a way to stay engaged for an hour or so putting and working on my short game.

I would really like to get back to a single digit handicap.  To do that I have to get better around and on the greens.  I can't give away an average 10-15 shots a round on poor chips and pitches that sometimes leave me with 10-20 footers or more for par.  Or worse, if I haven't hit it fairly decently tee to green.

My goal for 2017 is to finally get rid of the over the top swing with lessons and to also fix a few other flaws as well.  First lesson is tonight.  Looking forward to improving.  

Irons - Ping G410 

Driver - Ping G410

3W - Ping G410

3H - Ping G410 

Putter - Ping Sigma 

I am now shooting scores of high 70's to low 80's, on a 7300 yard course. Goal is to start shooting level par or close to that score regularly in the next 3-4 months. If I can succeed in doing that and become that good within 17-18 months of picking up a golf club, I just might take the game seriously. 

I hit hit it plenty long but I might be one of the fabled amateurs with a solid long game but somewhat iffy short game. Key for me is to develop a repeatable and reliable chipping and putting stroke. 

Shoot par (yeah right) it's a goal

play 75 rounds.

have more fun.

win a flight in either the Club Championship or the City Championship.

meet Erik.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Goal for 2017 is to stop HI from creeping up.  The plan is to work on the inside 100 yard game, and the-irons.  I'm currently playing during the off-season without driver  /  fairway metals,   ."Longest" club in the bag is a 3 hybrid.    Once the  longer clubs go back in the bag, I hope to get to under 12index and qualify  for events as what my state association calls super seniors.

Also hope to play 90 rounds this year.  Hey, it could happen...

Edited by nowon

Here's an update for my goals year to date thru Feb. 20, 2017

Goal

YTD

Reduce handicap to 10 from 15

Increase fairways hit from 5/13 to 7/13

7/13

GIRs up from 2/18 to 5/18

3/18

Saves up from 2 to 4

2/18

3 putts down from 2 to 1.5

Total putts down from 33.5 to 32

Professional Instruction

January, March, June, Sept and December

January, February

2017 - maintain fitness

practice putting everyday- stroke work with the putting Trainer. It is a club with the club head the size of a golf ball. You must be precise.

speed with my swing. Hearing the whistle at the bottom of my arc. 

Win Club championship 

Golf Goals for 2017

1 - Establish an official handicap

my plan for this is to join a local course, and play there consistently(at the moment I bounce between 4 or 5 in the area depending on tee time availability)

2 - consistently hit low 80, stop above 90 blow outs.

this ones tough, I usually hit low 80s but if I'm having a bad round I get into my own head and hit risky shots to try and bring the round back to a solid hit. Plan is to talk to my instructor about shot selection, and also read into this forum more about the mental side.

3 - train weekly and lessons monthly

not sure about this one, I think I'll need to find a training partner.

4 - have a bit more respect for courses

this one is a bad habit of mine, replacing divots, setting better divot patters, picking up tees, raking bunkers.

1) Play golf!!!! Been battling shoulder injuries all year.

2) Choose another ball. Thanks to the smucks over at Bridgestone ditchin my e5, Ill have to pick a new one. I know it wont be a Bridgestone!!!!!

3) Try to build off all I learned last year and drop my handicap to 16. Thats assuming my current 20 is still within reach once I return.

5 hours ago, stealthhwk said:

1) Play golf!!!! Been battling shoulder injuries all year.

2) Choose another ball. Thanks to the smucks over at Bridgestone ditchin my e5, Ill have to pick a new one. I know it wont be a Bridgestone!!!!!

3) Try to build off all I learned last year and drop my handicap to 16. Thats assuming my current 20 is still within reach once I return.

It's good to see you back! I feel like you had posted something tonthe effect that you were giving it up...maybe I'm thinking of someone else. Either way, I feel like we haven't heard from you in a while - welcome back!

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

I plan to work very hard to break 80. Was on my way last year before a work injury derailed me. Healing up now.

And to enjoy the game with family and friends.

Note: This thread is 2336 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!