IGNORED

TST East Coast Get-Together (w/AimPoint), May 5-7 2017

GolfLug
Note: This thread is 2541 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Based on the latest schedule, I think on page 6, I will probably only be able to make the Saturday round.  Saturday evening and Sunday may have conflicts so don't want to commit and then have to bail out the last minute.

Gus
---------------

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 4/12/2017 at 5:52 AM, Lihu said:

I'll know after this Saturday (Bruin's day) when my son who is 80% sure about UCLA decides to pass on the east coast schools.

Looks like everyone is staying out in LA. Wanted to check out my brother's new winery and my cousin's new house too. Bummer. . .I'm out.

I will be in NJ this summer, though. My kid's just committed to doing internships in that area again.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I'm in!

i can make all of it, including the Friday aimpoint. 

Looking forward to it! Been traveling down south visiting family and wife has been in Europe so it has been tough to finalize schedules, but all is looking good at the moment.

• Upvote 1

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

23 minutes ago, RandallT said:

I'm in!

i can make all of it, including the Friday aimpoint. 

Looking forward to it! Been traveling down south visiting family and wife has been in Europe so it has been tough to finalize schedules, but all is looking good at the moment.

Good to hear! Glad you will make it..

Vishal S.

1 hour ago, GolfLug said:

Good to hear! Glad you will make it..

Surely the weather will be better this year! :-P

If this helps, I'll copy/paste the latest status with updates:

In:
@jsgolfer- in but not Saturday

Maybe:
@dsc123- 50/50 for Saturday
@JGus- likely in for Saturday morning round (note says "probably")
@sirhacksalot- saw an old response from him showing interest, not sure he's out or not
@golfintheworld- saw a note saying he wouldn't play but interested in showing up?

Need responses from:
  1. @onthehunt526
  2. @davechen
  3. @Hatchman- out
  4. @Kamal Chantal- I think this person is @woodzie264's friend, so we consider him out
  5. @Bryan Kasper
  6. @georgep
  7. @skydog-out
  • Upvote 1

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

I regret to inform you guys I can't come. I was going to try. However one of the other cooks is having surgery, and the other night cook is going out on maternity leave... Boy this is going to be rough 6 to 8 weeks at work.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Sorry, I'm going to miss it. Have fun!

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

2 hours ago, georgep said:

Sorry, I'm going to miss it. Have fun!

Sorry to hear that. We definitely have to play a few rounds near Columbus, and up near Akron this year. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

So I'm back form Pinehurst, and here's what I have:

2 days of golf:  @iacas, @GolfLug, @DaveP043, @Hardspoon, @saevel25, @RandallT

Sunday golf, and maybe Saturday  @jsgolfer

Still looking for response and/or confirmation from @davechen, @Bryan Kasper, and @dsc123

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

I'm a probably yes for golf on Saturday.  I'm doubtful for other activities, although an Aimpoint clinic would be cool.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

@DaveP043  I was checking out the Stoneleigh website and noticed for 'guests' that a credit card must be used and cash is not accepted.  I'm assuming this applies for this outing?  Or can we pay cash for the round and food?

Thanks!

Gus
---------------

6 minutes ago, JGus said:

@DaveP043  I was checking out the Stoneleigh website and noticed for 'guests' that a credit card must be used and cash is not accepted.  I'm assuming this applies for this outing?  Or can we pay cash for the round and food?

Thanks!

If there's any issue, I'll charge stuff to my account, and you can pay the cash to me.  Those are little things we can work out.  What the club tries to do is avoid having to keep cash and make change, we just don't get random outside play.  

And I apologize, I misread your post from last week and didn't include you on my last summary, but you're on my list now for Saturday only.  That gives us 8 for Saturday, and 6 for Sunday, If I haven't screwed up anything else.

Dave

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 

5 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

If there's any issue, I'll charge stuff to my account, and you can pay the cash to me.  Those are little things we can work out.  What the club tries to do is avoid having to keep cash and make change, we just don't get random outside play.  

And I apologize, I misread your post from last week and didn't include you on my last summary, but you're on my list now for Saturday only.  That gives us 8 for Saturday, and 6 for Sunday, If I haven't screwed up anything else.

No worries about using the credit card, just wanted to ask the question to make sure I brought the right thing with me.

And no problem, I'm still waiting to see if Sunday opens up for me, but didn't want to commit until I knew for sure.

I also noticed that a lot of folks walk there, I'm guessing everyone will probably ride for this little outing, but I'm up for walking if anyone else is.

Gus
---------------

2 minutes ago, JGus said:

No worries about using the credit card, just wanted to ask the question to make sure I brought the right thing with me.

And no problem, I'm still waiting to see if Sunday opens up for me, but didn't want to commit until I knew for sure.

I also noticed that a lot of folks walk there, I'm guessing everyone will probably ride for this little outing, but I'm up for walking if anyone else is.

The guest fee will include the use of a cart, and I'd recommend you use one.  The course runs up and down some pretty significant grades.  Its about 200 feet vertical from the practice tee to the second green, which is a sure-fire way to wake up and warm up on a cool morning. There are also some pretty long walks from one green to the next tee.   I once had a tracking app in my phone (its since been discontinued), and I went up (and obviously down) about 800 feet in one round of golf, walking about 5.8 miles.  And the phone was in my bag, so lots of steps went uncounted.  Just for comparison, I feel like I remember that at the US Open at Chambers Bay they said they went up and down about 600 feet.  I can't find that quote now, but it struck me at the time that Stoneleigh had more "up". 

Dave

Thanks for the notes, I have no problem riding and figured everyone else would anyways, just thought I'd throw it out there based on the comments on the website about walking the course.  

Gus
---------------

32 minutes ago, JGus said:

Thanks for the notes, I have no problem riding and figured everyone else would anyways, just thought I'd throw it out there based on the comments on the website about walking the course.  

A lot of us do walk many of our rounds, including my wife and I.  She has a motorized trolley, and I carry my bag.  But its a tough walk, especially the first time, and I don't recommend it for anyone who hasn't seen the course before.  

Dave

6 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

A lot of us do walk many of our rounds, including my wife and I.  She has a motorized trolley, and I carry my bag.  But its a tough walk, especially the first time, and I don't recommend it for anyone who hasn't seen the course before.  

I love walking and do it all the time at Springfield, but walking Stoneleigh, no thanks.  I think I would be dead tired by the time I got to the 3rd tee.  :-(

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Note: This thread is 2541 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!