IGNORED

2017 Masters Tournament

iacas
Note: This thread is 2536 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

10 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Masters.com leaderboard has Sergio at -1, but their broadcast has him at -3.

I came to TST to find out what happened, I've seen somewhere (twitter, another board, ???) that there was a provisional played by Serg on 10; and that he was approached by a rules official.
If I can't get an answer soon, I'm certain it will be covered in a 30+ minute interview, which will be immediately followed by a 2 hour summary on the GC

Players play, tough players win!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

I love what I'm seeing with Jose Maria right now.  Hit a ball way left on 13, immediately hit a provisional (OK, I didn't like either shot, but I love what happens next).  Found the first ball, apparently its unplayable, so he goes back as allowed, and drops.  No need to call a rules official, he knows the rules, no delay required.  Competent professional golf, knowledgeable about procedures and rules.  Bravo!

It is a system of do that when you are playing 2 fun rounds. 

Trollin' is the life

This seems to be the twitter consensus re: Sergio

And confirmed: 

Edited by fr0sty

2 hours ago, rehmwa said:

Aside - I'd like to see Sergio make a run at it.  If not, if would be cool to see Bernhard run deep into Sunday.  More fun when an old timer scares the leaders.

I guess Freddy has showed up for the first couple days.  That represents the old timers just fine too.

Bill - 

I heard somewhere that the Mid-Amateur invitee has never made the cut at the Masters; Stewart Hagestad is currently five strokes above the projected cut line approaching Amen Corner.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Sad to get to the Masters week and realize I haven't played golf since Thanksgiving :-( But at least I'm able to watch the game, and I have an event to get ready for in a few weeks that should motivate me.

But at least it's the Masters.  Hard to be in anything but a good mood when watching.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

4 minutes ago, skydog said:

Fred taking a double at #6.

He loves getting in contention and getting us all excited and then goes and rips our heart out.

He's made a 13ft birdie putt on #7. Don't count him out quite yet...

Edited by fr0sty

I would love to see one of the following three to win: Sergio, Rickie Fowler or Rory.  Looks pretty good so far...

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

16 minutes ago, fr0sty said:

He's made a 13ft birdie putt on #7. Don't count him out quite yet...

I've counted him out. We all have seen this story play out so many times.

Trollin' is the life

10 minutes ago, Yukari said:

I would love to see one of the following three to win: Sergio, Rickie Fowler or Rory.  Looks pretty good so far...

Would love it to be any of them. If Rory has a day where he's on, I think he'll win it, but it all seems a bit too scrappy at the moment. 

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

• Administrator
52 minutes ago, skydog said:

Fred taking a double at #6.

He loves getting in contention and getting us all excited and then goes and rips our heart out.

He's not in contention until he sustains something to the back nine Sunday.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

He's not in contention until he sustains something to the back nine Sunday.

His most frequent MO is a couple missed short putts and loss of concentration sometime midway through the round on Saturday. Let's hope that isn't the case this year.

Note: This thread is 2536 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!