IGNORED

2017 Masters Tournament

iacas
Note: This thread is 2537 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Eesh, Willett with a quad on the 1st. This looks horrible...

1fcad919-5002-47c9-851a-99ff296c77c0.jpg

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Sergio, Rahm and a few others too. 

13 is a fairly good chance to get up and down for par in the creek. 15 is much tougher to do that.

Trollin' is the life

Oh well, no extra radar numbers. Hoping they would add more, doesn't look like it.

Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 10.11.38 AM.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

2 hours ago, Bucki1968 said:

I was at the Masters for a practice round two years ago and I was actually surprised how tight that tee shot on 18 is through the chute of trees. It looks tight on TV but it looks much tighter in person. Another thing that surprised me was how easy the 12th looks. During the practice round it only played about 135 yards. I realize the winds make it tough but the day I was there, the wind was non-existent and the players hit it close all day. The 10th hole looked much tougher than I thought. The course in general was much tighter than I thought. I had always heard that you could hit all over the place but that didn't look like the case from where I was standing.

The first time I walked the course I was amazed at #10. Everything from the elevation change to the tilt of the green...it's a hell of a hole. I'm sure it would eat my lunch but if I could play one hole at Augusta I think it would be it.

That and #13. It's hard to appreciate how aggressive that dogleg is (it's basically a 90 degree turn) until you see it.

So you can game plan your round today - this does not show the green elevations, like on #1 where it will roll off if you don't get to the hole or if you spin it back.

h_ANGC.2017.PinSheet.Friday.v2.jpg

Players play, tough players win!

For cripes sake - just call it a 3 wood.  We know it's metal, but it sounds so stupid.

and...not a lot of stupid "of the ball", "of the club" comments - thankful for that, so incredibly thankful.

Bill - 

We take for granted the tournament apps nowadays, but the Masters app is really good (using iOS version, Android should be exactly the same), whatever you want to find is for the most part, just a couple of taps and swipes away. Odd observation -  it's the only app I've seen that filters the leaderboard by first time participants. The leaderboard icon on the navigation bar is very handy. Good work by IBM.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Do you guys in the US have full tv coverage of the action or it is it limited like it is for us? Think the powers that be need to be a little less precious. Just show us the golf

• Upvote 2

Has anyone else noticed that Charley Hoffman's game seems to have improved considerably ever since he cut his hair?  :-P

Everything in Moderation, Keep it Simple, Less is Best

Ping G10 clubs:   D-9*, 3W-15.5*, H-18*, Irons-4 thru PW, W-50/ 54/ 58*, P- Redwood Zing 

Ball-Pro V1

57 minutes ago, skydog said:

The first time I walked the course I was amazed at #10. Everything from the elevation change to the tilt of the green...it's a hell of a hole. I'm sure it would eat my lunch but if I could play one hole at Augusta I think it would be it.

That and #13. It's hard to appreciate how aggressive that dogleg is (it's basically a 90 degree turn) until you see it.

I've heard that #10 could almost be used as a ski run because of how severe the hole plays downhill.  I've also heard #18 is way steeper uphill than people realize.  What was your impression?

4 minutes ago, Ron said:

Has anyone else noticed that Charley Hoffman's game seems to have improved considerably ever since he cut his hair?  :-P

Aw man, I miss the hair!

Bridgestone j40 445 w/ Graphite Design AD DJ-7
Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood w/ RCH Pro Series 3.2
Adams Idea Pro hybrids (3 & 4) w/ Aldila VS Proto 
Bridgestone j33 CB (5-PW) w/ original Rifle 5.5
Bridgestone West Coast 52*, j40 satin 56* & 60* w/ DG S-300
Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

2 minutes ago, Hazsa said:

Do you guys in the US have full tv coverage of the action or it is it limited like it is for us? Think the powers that be need to be a little less precious. Just show us the golf

I'm in Metro NY and right now I can only get 15 & 16, Amen Corner, and Featured Groups on the Masters Feed.

• Upvote 1

Ping G10 clubs:   D-9*, 3W-15.5*, H-18*, Irons-4 thru PW, W-50/ 54/ 58*, P- Redwood Zing 

Ball-Pro V1

4 minutes ago, Ron said:

I'm in Metro NY and right now I can only get 15 & 16, Amen Corner, and Featured Groups on the Masters Feed.

Same here. I am still surprised that this tourney isn't broadcast in its entirety, there's certainly a market for it. Although this feed is enough to get me through the workday without distracting me TOO much. 

- Mark

9 minutes ago, 1badbadger said:

I've heard that #10 could almost be used as a ski run because of how severe the hole plays downhill.  I've also heard #18 is way steeper uphill than people realize.  What was your impression?

Aw man, I miss the hair!

Hah, Ha, ha........:-)  Yes, he certainly did stand out!

Ball-Pro V1

Really impressed by Hoffman's play. Good guy. 5-shot lead right now. Hoping for a bit of a trainwreck from him, though, just so we can stack this leaderboard up right now (and because I have McIlroy in my pool). 

5 minutes ago, Braivo said:

Same here. I am still surprised that this tourney isn't broadcast in its entirety, there's certainly a market for it. Although this feed is enough to get me through the workday without distracting me TOO much. 

True.  It's enough to get you through until the week-end.:whistle:

Ball-Pro V1

17 minutes ago, Ron said:

The broadcast coverage will also be available this afternoon like yesterday was.  I find the coverage to be fantastic.  We never used to get viewing options.  We're pretty spoiled when we get 3 options (4 or 5 later) and we say "only"  :-P

Aside - I'd like to see Sergio make a run at it.  If not, if would be cool to see Bernhard run deep into Sunday.  More fun when an old timer scares the leaders.

Edited by rehmwa
  • Upvote 1

Bill - 

3 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Really impressed by Hoffman's play. Good guy. 5-shot lead right now. Hoping for a bit of a trainwreck from him, though, just so we can stack this leaderboard up right now (and because I have McIlroy in my pool). 

We have seen this before. He usually falls back on the weekend.

Trollin' is the life

Note: This thread is 2537 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!