IGNORED

Golf Ball Ranking by Everyday Golfers

Note: This thread is 2571 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Golf Ball Ranking by Everyday Golfers  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Price points, marketing, compression, spin rates, number of cores, cover material, oh my! Considering all or none of the above, what are your top 3 golf ball brands?

• Bridgestone
    • Callaway
    • Pinnacle
    • Snell
    • Srixon
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Top-Flite
    • Volvik
    • Wilson

I mentioned on another thread that I thought Bridgestone was a second-tier golf ball brand (but it is still in my top 3), which was contrary to others' opinions -- so I started wondering -- what are everyone's top 3 golf ball brands? [ So that I can maybe change my mind when I see the results :) ]

• Upvote 4

Chris - Single Length Irons Guy

No Driver (yep)
Pinhawk Single Length Fairway Woods ( 3, 5, 7 )
Pinhawk SL Single Length Irons ( 4 thru PW ) 
Pinhawk SL Single Length Wedges ( A, S, L )
Happy Putter

41 minutes ago, Single Length Irons Guy said:

top 3 golf ball brands?

OnCore, Titleist and Snell are brands I currently play.

Kick-X is not on your list, it's a very good ball.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I went Snell, Bridgestone, Titliest

I played Pro-V1x, Bridgestone B330, and Snell My Tour Ball. They are all equal in performance. I go with Snell because it's $10 cheaper per dozen :) 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

New Snell fan.  Been extremely impressed with the My Tour ball.  Feel like I get even better performance around the greens than I did with the ProV1.  Distance is about the same (if not slightly better) than with the other brands.  Incredible performance/value ball that you have to try if you are looking to save some $ on balls.

• Administrator
13 hours ago, saevel25 said:

I went Snell, Bridgestone, Titliest

Ditto. Flipping the last two if it matters… they're all very very close.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I chose Taylormade for the Project a and now defunct RBZ U, Top-Flite for their Gamer Soft, and Callaway for their Supersoft and Chrome Soft.  If I could I would write in I would for Maxfli for their U/3, U4, and Softfli. 

Bridgestone E6 - I buy these

Callaway Chrome Soft -Don't buy these, have to find them and save for special occasions

Callaway Supersoft - I buy these

Not in my top three but I play them a lot:

Titleist ProV1 or V1x - I find a lot of these.  I play them on my home course where I lose a lot of balls.  I wouldn't buy these either.

Snell My tour would be number one based on how good they are alone.  The fact that the price is so reasonable is a hell of a bonus. Bridgestone B330 would be my 2nd choice.  Main reason I had a hole in one with one of them also they are a decent price and have a good feel like the Snell's.  Third would be a Pro V1X they are very close to my first two choices.  They are a little on the expensive side to me.  Also they are so popular they are more likely to be picked up when I spray on into another fairway.

49 minutes ago, Jakester23 said:

Snell My tour would be number one based on how good they are alone.  The fact that the price is so reasonable is a hell of a bonus. Bridgestone B330 would be my 2nd choice.  Main reason I had a hole in one with one of them also they are a decent price and have a good feel like the Snell's.  Third would be a Pro V1X they are very close to my first two choices.  They are a little on the expensive side to me.  Also they are so popular they are more likely to be picked up when I spray on into another fairway.

True. But I have to tell you that I find an inordinate number of Pro V1's when searching for my errant ball. Certainly indicates their popularity. And some of the places I find them makes me wonder about the eyesight of whoever lost them. Spang out in the open! Of course, they were probably looking 50 yards farther down the hole. And I always take a good look around to make sure no one is coming to look for a ball so I don't take someone elses.

But, Pro V1's I do not buy. I love the way they feel, the sound they make, and how they fly, but I really don't have a fifty buck a dozen game anymore.

• Upvote 1

not in ranking, but just FYI. The Precept Laddie X are at Walmart with new packaging. Called Laddie Extreme. Still around $19.99 for 2 dozen. I believe they are the same.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

I play them all.  But if I choose, I like the Callaway Chrome, and the Titleist NXT.   I have lots of PRO v's , which, as Buckeyebowman said, are plentiful attesting to their popularity and the Titleist relentless campaign. I am looking forward to finding a KSig brought back to Canada from a Snowbird.  Which is the quicker scenario to happen versus them being on the market.  I wont buy one either. lots on ebay though

No 'Kirkland' on the list?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

17 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

No 'Kirkland' on the list?

I don't think that would really make sense.  It wasn't really their ball, it was an overrun European ball they happened to stamp their name on

I don't know the history of it. I've just read a lot of stuff about it being such a great ball...can't keep it in the shelves, etc....saw people on eBay selling them.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
13 hours ago, Vinsk said:

I don't know the history of it. I've just read a lot of stuff about it being such a great ball...can't keep it in the shelves, etc....saw people on eBay selling them.

Basically, it was a fad. At an unsustainable price point.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2571 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!