IGNORED

TopGolf - when you mix golf and alcohol

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2583 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You get this:

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, nevets88 said:

You get this:

It's a wonder we've survived as a species.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

What a terrible lie- that ball is well above his feet, and his footing looks iffy. Probably a hybrid would be a better bet there.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

I'd pay $100 to see him actually try the shot!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Just now, David in FL said:

I'd pay $100 to see him actually try the shot!

Hell, I'd drive the stupid "human tee" sucker to the emergency room, just to be able to laugh for a while longer.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

I don't think much of the place. Crappy beer selection. Food is not that good and overpriced. That being said....the place is always packed busy.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Well you have to consider that sometimes activities such as this lead to someone winning a posthumous Darwin award, so it can actually help weed out the gene pool.

To be honest this is kind of what I was expecting from this thread when I opened it, but I has hoping it would be someone Happy Gilmoring from the third deck and falling off the platform - that would be wrong, but funny

Players play, tough players win!

The comments in Reddit are rich! :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I heard he pulled a Lucy and swallowed the ball right before the other guy was about to make contact which caused him to lose balance and he fell off the platform to the ground.

DRIVER- Tour Edge EXS 220
3W- Adams Tight Lies 2
Hybrids- Cobra F8 19 *

Utility- Sub 70 699U #4
Irons - Sub 70 739 5-PW
Wedges- Tour Edge CB Pro 50, 54, 58
Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft #11

Ball- Titleist DT Trufeel

4 hours ago, Bucki1968 said:

I don't think much of the place. Crappy beer selection. Food is not that good and overpriced. That being said....the place is always packed busy.

I've had the opposite experience with the location in Tampa. Great beer selection including local brewery's brews and great food. The chicken wings even stood out to me as some of the better "bar wings" I've had. The place is uber packed though and it takes a bit to get a spot.

6 hours ago, boogielicious said:

We're way too smart(??) for our own good. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

6 hours ago, JediFish said:

I've had the opposite experience with the location in Tampa. Great beer selection including local brewery's brews and great food. The chicken wings even stood out to me as some of the better "bar wings" I've had. The place is uber packed though and it takes a bit to get a spot.

Yeah, ours here in the Sacramento area has excellent food and killer beer. But, California has become the land-o-great-beer. Drank my share of Stone IPA last time I was out there. Ice cold...served by a young lady who coulda been Miss March. 

What I don't like about the place is the clubs. They feel like noodles to me.

Custom fit RBZ irons. Taylormade RBZ driver. Some crappy old high-bounce Macgregor wedge and an even older Mizuno 5 wood. Haven't settled on a ball yet - still looking. Decades of football, weightlifting and boxing came together to create the world's worst golfer. I'm slowly correcting that now. 

What you want to do here is move the ball back in your stance, choke down about 1/2" and get your hands well ahead of the ball.  Don't get flippy at the bottom...this is common, and you'll hit it fat or skull it (brilliant).  I like to do a 3/4 backswing and hit down on it, making sure to catch the ball first.  There will be plenty of blood, but don't worry if you don't find any knocked-out teeth...he probably didn't have any to start with...

In all seriousness, I've been to the Austin location and thought it was the most unique concept in the golf business in a long time.  It was packed on a week night, everyone was having fun, and it was clean and well-run.  I didn't eat, so I can't comment on the food. It was a demo night sponsored by Golf Digest, so I went to check it out.  The new location in Ft. Worth where I live will be opening soon.

Bridgestone j40 445 w/ Graphite Design AD DJ-7
Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood w/ RCH Pro Series 3.2
Adams Idea Pro hybrids (3 & 4) w/ Aldila VS Proto 
Bridgestone j33 CB (5-PW) w/ original Rifle 5.5
Bridgestone West Coast 52*, j40 satin 56* & 60* w/ DG S-300
Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

I haven't been to one yet but there is one opening (or already open) just outside Portland close to where I go for work.  I wouldn't go there expecting anything other than loud-ish music, some inebriated customers and some games to make it fun.

I've been to Vegas many times but never had the chance to go to that one either.

As for the original post/topic, I'm not surprised.  Nor are many here.  Darwin isn't quite strong enough with these types of folks.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

I'm curious if this shot actually happened or if they were just trying to take a goofy picture.

11 minutes ago, JxQx said:

I'm curious if this shot actually happened or if they were just trying to take a goofy picture.

that's my bet

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

We have a "Top Golf" in the Kansas City area............   Everyone in my office knows I play and they always ask me about it.   They are semi-in shock by my response.  No....I don't do that sh$t.......I like to play golf.  (no relation to top-golf)  I tee it up on a real course...............avoid the side shows..

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Note: This thread is 2583 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!