IGNORED

Ian Poulter Watch

mvmac
Note: This thread is 2501 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Poulter Watch  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Will Ian Poulter earn enough $$$ to keep his card?

14 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

nah nah
nah nah nah nah
hey hey hey
goodbye

Not yet, next week he will play the Zurich classic. He will team up with Ogilvy. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Hope he comes back. Don't care if he's a jerk he is fun to watch. If character was the criteria for who I appreciate I'd have never listened to music, the biz is full of drunks, junkies and people that have sex with underage teens. Much of it glorified in songs.

• Upvote 1

Dave :-)

It will be interesting to see how the rest of the year plays out for Poulter.  If he uses this as fuel or starts to struggle and find himself along side journeymen and a cashing handfuls of smaller checks.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

His reputation is similar in the Uk to be honest - he's a bit of a tool but you have to respect where he's come from. I do like that he's clearly made the very most of what he's got, but it's hard to get away from the Bubba moments

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Whenever I come to this part of the Sandtrap, and see this thread, I momentarily wonder if the arsehole hasn't branched out into a sponsorship deal with Timex. Maybe a tartan Timex with an Arsenal crest on it.

Edited by ScouseJohnny

Poulter needed $31K at the Valero to keep his card and missed.  Does that mean he needs to regain his Tour card in another way (e.g., winning an event)?  If he makes money at the Zurich Classic, does that count towards the dollar amount he needed before?

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

• Administrator
1 hour ago, krupa said:

Poulter needed $31K at the Valero to keep his card and missed.  Does that mean he needs to regain his Tour card in another way (e.g., winning an event)?  If he makes money at the Zurich Classic, does that count towards the dollar amount he needed before?

No. The number of events is exceeded now. He has to be top 125 money list now.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

10 minutes ago, iacas said:

No. The number of events is exceeded now. He has to be top 125 money list now.

I guess, sponsor's invite is another venue still? If so can money won in any of those count towards it?

Vishal S.

1 hour ago, chilepepper said:

Not only that. You get to find out who/what you are as do others

Ian's quote has nothing to do with golf. Friends don't desert you because your game is crappy, It's actually a weird thing to say in this case. Who are these real friends he suddenly discovered? 

He really didn't put much thought into the second half of that tweet.

The first part is kind of stupid too.

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

10 hours ago, GolfLug said:

I guess, sponsor's invite is another venue still? If so can money won in any of those count towards it?

Yes it does. T23 after two days. And they made the cut.

• Administrator

????

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

19 minutes ago, iacas said:

????

From http://golfweek.com/2017/04/29/ian-poulter-has-pga-tour-card/

The Tour’s explanation on this development:

Last year, the Policy Board approved a modification to the FedExCup Points Curve for the 2016-17 season to more accurately reflect the longstanding money breakdown used on the PGA Tour.  This was done following the Policy Board’s elimination of the top-125 money category and minimized some significant discrepancies between the two lists, primarily in the region of 30th to 50th places (i.e., under the old FEC points curve, two 31st place finishes equaled a 9th place finish and a missed cut).

There are two members, Brian Gay and Ian Poulter, on major medical extensions who under the old FedExCup points system would have been over the threshold needed to retain fully-exempt status for the rest of the year, whereas under the new system they just barely fall short. Upon further review, this is due to the fact that the new points curve has significantly less points overall in the finishing positions from 15th to 68th.

Knowing that tournaments and purses change from year to year, the FedEx Cup points system is a true equalizer (in that every regular tournament counts the same) and it seems that the change to the FedEx Cup points curve unintentionally made it more difficult for these players to retain their exempt status. The spirit of the medical extension has always been to provide the same opportunity a player would have had if he had not been injured to retain his card, and in this case the bar was moved significantly.  

The Tour has modified the conditions of the Major Medical Extension category to address this issue. Both members have been notified of the changes to their membership status, which resulted in additional exempt status. Additional players on Major Medical Extensions will play with the modified conditions as well.

Edited by Missouri Swede

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

• Administrator

Pffffft.

• Upvote 1

:doh: hooray.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Note: This thread is 2501 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!