Sign in to follow this  
Al B Tross

Tiger Troubles - DUI Arrest

Note: This thread is 888 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

327 posts / 23997 viewsLast Reply

44 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

Glad this turned out to be bullshit. TMZ should be asked to recite the alphabet backwards now. 

Yep, same here.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

per deadspin.com

Woods told officers that he was taking four medications, listed here as “soloxex,” “vicodin,” “torix” and “viox,” but noted that he hadn’t taken the last this year. (Vicodin is a painkiller; Torix and Vioxx are anti-inflammatories, though Vioxx was withdrawn from the market in 2004.)

i'm pretty sure the warning on the vicodin bottle says something along the lines of: may impair the mental and physical abilities needed to perform potentially hazardous activities such as driving a car or operating machinery. 

17 minutes ago, iacas said:

Except he also wasn't actually "driving."

Come on.  He wasn't moving, but he was driving.  

Beyond that, I'm still in the let's wait and see camp.

1 hour ago, JetFan1983 said:

Glad this turned out to be bullshit. TMZ should be asked to recite the alphabet backwards now. 

The original rumors were obviously BS, but you didn't quote anybody here so the implication is that you think the whole thing is BS?  I don't think that we know nearly enough to go that far yet, and considering he was on the road, and impaired asleep at the wheel in a running car, it seems like a DUI is reasonable.

Then the info that @nevets88 just posted as well ...

10 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

The original rumors were obviously BS, but you didn't quote anybody here so the implication is that you think the whole thing is BS?  I don't think that we know nearly enough to go that far yet, and considering he was on the road, and impaired asleep at the wheel in a running car, it seems like a DUI is reasonable.

Then the info that @nevets88 just posted as well ...

Yea the original stuff. He was parked, not swerving (obviously he was given the new info, but not caught doing so). No alcohol. Not being arrogant. He was cooperative. That's a ton of stuff wrong.

However, it's pretty clear to me at this point that Tiger has a prescription drug problem, and that's about as serious a situation as it gets given the opioid epidemic we have today in this country. As someone dealing with injuries myself, they dump a suitcase full of Vicodin on you down here in S.Florida if you have any kind of procedure done. Tiger no doubt has a mini-pharmacy in his house given all the surgeries he's had. 

As serious as it is though, to inject a bit of humor into this and given the new info, I'm sort of picturing this scene now for Tiger:

Yea, he definitely deserves to be cited for something though, but the details were pretty much all wrong yesterday. 

Edited by JetFan1983

Let's see how it all pans out. It's messed up if they vilainized him without all the facts. 

All I know about Vicodin is they gave me that after a dental procedure once. I remember coming home, taking it, sitting on the couch and watching tv. I never laughed so hard in my life as I did that day laughing at some insurance commercial that was not meant to be funny at all. I remember thinking in my head that there was nothing funny about it and still being in tears laughing. I only used it for two days, maybe 6 or 7 of the 30 pills prescribed and I flushed the rest of that shit down the toilet. God only knows what could have been going on if he was taking that and possibly other stuff. 

@JetFan1983 that is somewhat true about them prescribing drugs for just about anything. I went to a quick care for stitches when a glass busted in my hand and gashed me good, needed 5 stitches. The weirdest thing though was before I left the doctor asked me if I wanted anything for the pain. I was like "what?"  It was the oddest question, I had stitches plenty of times and never was asked that before. I told him I'd be fine with Tylenol. 

Edited by Gator Hazard

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

And the pendulum swings back toward the side of "bad."

Yea, he's gonna get a DUI. 

4 minutes ago, Gator Hazard said:

@JetFan1983 that is somewhat true about them prescribing drugs for just about anything. I went to a quick care for stitches when a glass busted in my hand and gashed me good, needed 5 stitches. The weirdest thing though was before I left the doctor asked me if I wanted anything for the pain. I was like "what?"  It was the oddest question, I had stitches plenty of times and never was asked that before. I told him I'd be fine with Tylenol. 

Yea, I've told them thanks but no thanks on several occasions. 

23 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

They should check all the fire hydrants in the area for corresponding damage!

I know, I know, but how can you resist?! :-D 

13 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Hmmm...He's ID'ed as "B/M" - No more "Cablanasian", Tigs....

I thought that was "black Mercedes" originally. But they're not talking about the car in the last thing.

6 hours ago, ScouseJohnny said:

God, the gutter press are liars. The report has now been released.

Police report: https://www.scribd.com/document/349852438/Tiger-Woods-Arrest#fullscreen&from_embed

Asleep in car, slurring when awoken, no smell of alcohol, cooperative. Gave breath sample (zero).

I learned a lot just from this thread.  The first 5 entire pages of the thread can just be tossed into the trash.  Lesson on how normally reasonable and intelligent people can just go non-linear on zero real data.

Oh - sucks for Tiger, hope he's ok.  I know if I'm on painkillers and recovering from surgery I'm usually not out at 3am for about any reason.

Just now, mvmac said:

Anyone know if the charges would have been different if the car wasn't running? 

Friend of mine got a DUI for the exact same thing up in New Jersey. He was hammered, it was winter, he got in his car, turned it on and just passed out at the driver's seat so the car wouldn't be freezing. He was parked in a driveway too. Cop came by around 7am, and he got a DUI for it. Had the keys not been in the ignition, he said there would have been no charges. 

2 minutes ago, rehmwa said:

I learned a lot just from this thread.  The first 5 entire pages of the thread can just be tossed into the trash.  Lesson on how normally reasonable and intelligent people can just go non-linear on zero real data.

Oh - sucks for Tiger, hope he's ok.  I know if I'm on painkillers and recovering from surgery I'm usually not out at 3am for about any reason.

Learn that the press is so eager to be "first" that they make up "fake" news.

5 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

Learn that the press is so eager to be "first" that they make up "fake" news.

TIGER WOODS FOUND ASLEEP ON THE CURB - UNKNOWN WHETHER RUSSIA OR GLOBAL WARMING RESPONSIBLE

....POSSIBLY BOTH

According to possibly current and former 'government' employees, President Putin and Halliburton may have engaged in ........

Edited by rehmwa

Note: This thread is 888 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!