IGNORED

Trump Drives Cart on Green

Note: This thread is 1498 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

9 minutes ago, No Mulligans said:

Sure the owner can do whatever he wants, so what?  To me this is not about property rights at all, it's about character.  I doubt Reagan would do this, nor Bush or Bush Sr.  It's not about politics either.

“To find a man's true character, play golf with him. ” 
 P.G. Wodehouse

Nothing political here, this is just about class and respect.   This is an act of simply not caring about the greens keepers, and not respecting the course or the game of golf.  
I see this as no different than someone that treats a waitress like crap, just because they can.   

Edited by lastings
  • Upvote 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's how I see it - If it were someone else other than Trump caught on camera driving across a green, would your opinion change? Then you're being political (in the broadest sense of the w

My guess is that it is here - 16th hole of the new course https://www.google.com/maps/place/40°38'53.8"N+74°41'59.3"W/@40.648274,-74.7003565,188m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d40.6482

What a d-bag. 

Posted Images

He owns the course and is free to do what he wants. It is kind of like when your Dad told you "Do as I say, not as I do." People will whine about anything and the freaking mowers drive on the greens. It doesn't bother me since it is his course.

Edited by MuniGrit

Technically, Trump doesn't personally own any of the courses that bear his name. Regardless, thats a pretty classless and ignorant thing to do. The course is hosting a USGA event in a couple weeks. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, No Mulligans said:

It looks like the videos are being taken down.  At this moment this one is up and running:

interesting. 

i originally saw the vid via a link to a Twitter account (which i don't follow). that account is now locked. 

You own the course, you do what you want. I wouldn't think he would kick himself off his own course. When sand is dragged in after top dressing, it is usually done by a golf cart, or a cart like work vehicle pulling a mat. I have never seen damage caused by these.

Edited by caniac6
adding content

2 minutes ago, caniac6 said:

You own the course, you do what you want. I wouldn't think he would kick himself off his own course.

Agreed, you can do what you want and even be a complete asshole if you want.  You own the course, no one's going to kick you off.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, zipazoid said:

Owning a course does not excuse acting like a jerk. 

Real simple test - could anyone else do that? 

Then he shouldn't.

ergo...the very reason someone like that would and does.

Just now, Hacker James said:

ergo...the very reason someone like that would and does.

Still makes him a jerk for doing it. 

So, "I'm rich so I can" is acceptable? Not to me.

In the interest of fair play, I remember hearing about Arnold Palmer driving his own cart all over Latrobe Country Club (which he owned), including across tees.  I can't remember the stories included him driving on the greens or not, but he definitely drove places I'd never imagine going.  

4 minutes ago, zipazoid said:

Still makes him a jerk for doing it. 

So, "I'm rich so I can" is acceptable? Not to me.

not disagreeing at all, just stating the obvious motivation. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

In the interest of fair play, I remember hearing about Arnold Palmer driving his own cart all over Latrobe Country Club (which he owned), including across tees.  I can't remember the stories included him driving on the greens or not, but he definitely drove places I'd never imagine going.  

That Arnold Palmer.....let's see now:

• What a d-bag
  • Terrible example for kids and new golfers
  • totally disrespects the staff and members
  • It's about his bad character
  • What a jerk
  • Owning a course does not excuse acting like a jerk
  • classless and ignorant
  • doesn't respect the game of golf
  • you can tell the character of a person by playing golf with him
  • strawman argument there Dave
  • I bet he treated waitresses poorly just because he could

etc etc (I love self righteous outrage threads, so shallow, yet so pointless)

Edited by rehmwa
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MuniGrit said:

Just now, rehmwa said:

That Arnold Palmer.....let's see now:

• What a d-bag
  • Terrible example for kids and new golfers
  • totally disrespects the staff and members
  • It's about his bad character
  • What a jerk
  • Owning a course does not excuse acting like a jerk
  • classless and ignorant
  • doesn't respect the game of golf
  • you can tell the character of a person by playing golf with him
  • strawman argument there Dave
  • I bet he treated waitresses poorly just because he could

etc etc

reputation preceding them both in these instances, I assume.   

Donald Trump is a notorious jackass, so this is just another jackass thing he did.   add it to the list. 

Arnold Palmer is a notorious great guy, and an ambassador for the game of golf.  He can keep that reputation.  

21 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Anecdotal stories lose to a video. 

6 minutes ago, Papa Steve 55 said:

Anecdotal stories lose to a video. 

And Trump loses to Arnie.

Edited by zipazoid
  • Upvote 1

Thankfully no knowledgeable, decent player would do it, and we're all free to object to such a blatant disregard for common courtesy. It doesn't matter who it is/was, my reaction would be the same.

Edited by Midpack

• iacas changed the title to Trump Drives Cart on Green
Note: This thread is 1498 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!