IGNORED

LPGA To Enforce more Strict Dress Code

Vinsk
Note: This thread is 2392 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

LPGA alerts players that a stricter dress code is coming - Golf Digest
https://apple.news/AQILYfYgMPE2GArShupzDkQ

Oh goodness ....what are your thoughts ladies and gentlemen?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Racerback with a mock or regular collar are allowed (no collar = no
racerback)
Plunging necklines are NOT allowed.
Leggings, unless under a skort or shorts, are NOT allowed
Length of skirt, skort, and shorts MUST be long enough to not see your bottom area (even if covered by under shorts) at any time, standing or bent over.
Appropriate attire should be worn to pro-am parties. You should be dressing yourself to present a professional image. Unless otherwise told “no,” golf clothes are acceptable. Dressy jeans are allowed, but cut-offs or jeans with holes are NOT allowed.
Workout gear and jeans (all colors) NOT allowed inside the ropes
Joggers are NOT allowed

I'm kind of partial to plunging necklines, but I have not really noticed any this year. Some of the skirts are incredibly short and would have been referred to as "mini-skirts" when I was young. I'm talking to YOU Sandra Gal! 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Sun sleeves first became popular among the female golfers with Asian ties.

Golfers from multiple cultural backgrounds were wearing sun sleeves at the Decatur-Forsyth Open in June (Symetra Tour / LPGA developmental). Some women said they actually feel cooler with lightweight sun sleeves than with bare arms.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Seem like some pretty common sense items. I wasn't aware that there was an issue though.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Not quite believing it yet until I see it elsewhere.  If so, someone has too much time on their hands.

Bill - 

Here's my question: who is complaining about this? I've never watched an LPGA event and thought the players were dressed poorly or unprofessionally.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

When I started watching the LPGA, I was surprised by the variety of clothing that was allowed and players chose to wear.  It's a far cry from the standard PGA collared shirt, long slacks, contrasting belt.

I wonder if this started with a complaining wife or a player whose physique would prohibit some of the more provocative clothing.  

I have noticed the LPGA cameras favoring the more objectively attractive players.  I first noticed that Olafia Kristinsdottir was given quite a bit of camera time at a tournament this year that catered to introducing young girls to the sport.  Saturday and Sunday coverage would show footage of her from earlier in the week talking with a group of girls even though she failed to make the cut.

Last week, I was watching the LPGA on my computer.  Because they do no broadcast commercials that way, the commercial breaks would instead be cuts to other cameras without announcers.  Until she finished the 18th, those cameras were on Kristindottir, despite the fact that stronger players were still in the field.

If this new rule is an attempt to stop any oversexualization of the sport, I suppose it's a good thing.  However, I think it will backfire.  I enjoy watching the attractive players.  I also enjoy watching the attractive players who receive a disproportionate amount of camera time get trounced by their "less attractive" peers.

As to Gal's aforementioned short skits; she still has shorts underneath.  She's technically wearing more clothing than is required.

Edited by MRR
  • Like 1

Part of it could be health-related. Sunburn of the lower cheeks could lead to skin cancer?

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

The best thing the LPGA could do to improve ratings would be to encourage skimpier dress....

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Just now, David in FL said:

The best thing the LPGA could do to improve ratings would be to encourage skimpier dress....

My fiancee forbids me from agreeing with that post.

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, Marty2019 said:

I don't think anyone should walk around in leggings, period. 

OOoohhhh. I thought they mean under pants. Lol. Yeah, no one should wear leggings outside of a Yoga class, or gym. Were these golfers trying to wear those on the course? That's terrible. 

"My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my golf clubs for what I told her I paid for them."
What's in my SQ Tour Carry bag?:
Driver: R7 Quad 9.5*
3, 5 Wood: G5 clones
Irons: : AP1 (4-PW) Wedges: 52*, 56*, 62* Spin Milled Putter: White Hot 2 Ball BladeBalls: Shoes: My...

3 minutes ago, Joeyvee said:

OOoohhhh. I thought they mean under pants. Lol. Yeah, no one should wear leggings outside of a Yoga class, or gym. Were these golfers trying to wear those on the course? That's terrible. 

It's pretty much the trademark of Shanshan Feng to wear cow pants one day of a tournament.  No different than John Daly's allowable unfashionable attire.

1 hour ago, WUTiger said:

Sun sleeves first became popular among the female golfers with Asian ties.

Golfers from multiple cultural backgrounds were wearing sun sleeves at the Decatur-Forsyth Open in June (Symetra Tour / LPGA developmental). Some women said they actually feel cooler with lightweight sun sleeves than with bare arms.

Is that what those are?  I may have to get some sun sleeves. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I don't have a dog in this topic, but it has always been my opinion, that it is very easy to over regulate something.

This new lpga clothing regulation is probably a regulation that did not need to happen. 

I understand that professionalism plays a big part in any sport/game. However, in any sport/game, having as many fans as possible attending/watching these events is pretty darn important too. Hopefully, this new regulation won't negatively effect fan intetest in the lpga. 

• Upvote 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I don't see any issues there, the ladies will still be able to look totally hot, and that's all that matters.

1 hour ago, Marty2019 said:

I don't think anyone should walk around in leggings, period. 

not agree

• Upvote 1

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Note: This thread is 2392 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!