IGNORED

2017 Tour Championship

rehmwa
Note: This thread is 2412 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Underway - I don't see a thread for it yet so here it is.

Rounds 1-2 -- Thursday and Friday

Round starts: 11:30 a.m.
Featured groups: 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. -- PGA Tour Live
Featured holes: 1-6 p.m. -- PGA Tour Live
Live TV coverage: 1-6 p.m. on Golf Channel
Live TV simulcast stream: 1-6 p.m. on NBCSports.com   
Radio: Noon-6 p.m. on PGA Tour Radio

Round 3 -- Saturday

Featured holes: 11:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. -- PGA Tour Live
Early live TV coverage: 12:30-2:30 p.m. on Golf Channel
Late live TV coverage: 2:30-6:30 p.m. on NBC
Live TV simulcast stream: 12:30-6:30 p.m. on NBCSports.com  
Radio: 1-7 p.m. on PGA Tour Radio

Round 4 -- Sunday

Featured holes: 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. -- PGA Tour Live
Early live TV coverage: 12-1:30 p.m. on Golf Channel
Late live TV coverage: 1:30-6 p.m. on NBC
Late live stream: 12-6 p.m. on NBCSports.com
Radio: 1-6 p.m. on PGA Tour Radio 

No huge performances out of the gate yet.  Course looks gorgeous.

Edited by rehmwa
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I got my money on Jason Dufner to win the Fedex Cup!

(That headline is misleading ... the only items on that list that are actually unlikely are him winning and Spieth coming in dead last, I think.  The rest are quite feasible - especially once number 1 is satisfied.) :-P

Edited by Golfingdad

46 minutes ago, rehmwa said:

No huge performances out of the gate yet.  Course looks gorgeous.

Nevermind - Stanley at -5 so far sound like a pretty nice start.  Though I have no idea how hard the course is.

2017-09-22 02_35_52-East Lake Golf Club - Google Maps.jpg2017-09-22 02_36_23-SkyGolf 360 - East Lake Golf Club Scorecard.jpg

Bill - 

Hole 6. 213 yds to an island green. Not sure what direction the wind blows but that could be a very difficult hole if it plays into the wind at all. Wow

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

1 hour ago, klineka said:

Hole 6. 213 yds to an island green. Not sure what direction the wind blows but that could be a very difficult hole if it plays into the wind at all. Wow

You mean hole 15? Or are they playing it backwards this tournament?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

6 hours ago, Vinsk said:

You mean hole 15? Or are they playing it backwards this tournament?

Oops yeah. I meant 15. I think I was probably looking at 6 on the scorecard when I typed that. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

I don't think this is the leaderboard going into Sunday that fedex was hoping for... no tiger, no Phil, and not even Spieth or JT really in the mix. The playoffs appear to be ending with a flop for another year. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, skydog said:

I don't think this is the leaderboard going into Sunday that fedex was hoping for... no tiger, no Phil, and not even Spieth or JT really in the mix. The playoffs appear to be ending with a flop for another year. 

JT is T4 with the U.S. Open winner. Kisner shot -6 today. Day is T7.

The playoffs keep being spun by some as a flop, but we still get meaningful golf after the PGA, and FedEx renewed for a decade. It's doing just fine.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

The playoffs keep being spun by some as a flop, but we still get meaningful golf after the PGA, and FedEx renewed for a decade. It's doing just fine.

I hear you. Having the playoffs is definitely better than not, hopefully the Labor Day finish and some slight format tweaks down the road can help. 

I've liked the playoffs this year. I like the prospect of Casey winning now, and if he has a bad day there's still a good horse race behind him for an entertaining finish. Had no idea the last and only time he won on the tour was 2009. It would be a nice feather in his cap 8 years later. 

First chance I've had to watch this weekend. Is it just me or is NBC doing a really bad job keeping us updated real time on the fedex points chase? Not sure why the rankings don't come up on the leaderboard they show every few minutes 

...of course right as I posted that they show the points standing. But I had been watching for 30+ mins without them showing that...

Wow if the tournament ended as is now, spieth and JT would be tied in Fedex points and would duel off in a playoff. Would make for some good tv!

Edited by skydog

Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 11.09.28 PM.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I'm a member at the club where Xander grew up playing, obviously everyone is super excited to see him get this win and launch himself into "elite" status on tour. He won 1.58M and an extra 2M for finishing 3rd in Fed Ex Cup. This time last year he was playing in the Web.com finals.

21992934_2091949587497547_7504368383328722266_o.jpgScreen Shot 2017-09-24 at 9.52.48 PM.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

8 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 11.09.28 PM.png

That's insane.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

On 9/23/2017 at 10:10 PM, iacas said:

I quite enjoyed this year's playoff, it kept my interest throughout. I am happy to see JT win the Cup, it is well-deserved. 

I am not sure I am 100% sold on the points formula they use, the fact that someone like Paul Casey or Webb Simpson can win the FedExCup with zero wins outside of the Tour Championship doesn't seem ideal to me. I don't know that there's a better answer, but I kept having that thought. 

- Mark

Note: This thread is 2412 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!