IGNORED

What Drills does everyone recommend?

Mr Golf Addict
Note: This thread is 1983 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Shindig said:

-2 under par is a double bogey.  I find it very believable that a 22 handicapper could make double bogey on a hole. 

Huh? -2 under after 9 holes. What do you mean that’s a db?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, Vinsk said:

Huh? -2 under after 9 holes. What do you mean that’s a db?

Brain pause on my part.  I interpreted it as -2 under par (subtract a negative = positive) for one hole (missed the part where it was for nine).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

9 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Brain pause on my part.  I interpreted it as -2 under par (subtract a negative = positive) for one hole (missed the part where it was for nine).

Yeah. And I’m not trying to be an ass but when a 22hcp claims a -2 round on 9 holes that’s gonna roll some eyes...

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 hour ago, Shindig said:

FWIW I thought you were making a math joke.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

15 minutes ago, billchao said:

FWIW I thought you were making a math joke.

Lol. I did too. Not sure where -2 under becomes a db. Nine holes or not.

• Administrator

Back to the topic, eh fellas?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

18 hours ago, Shindig said:

-2 under par is a double bogey.  I find it very believable that a 22 handicapper could make double bogey on a hole. 

-2 under par means i got a par on 7 holes and a birdie on 2 holes since i played 9 holes if you want to look at it theoretically, no double bogeys.

17 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Yeah. And I’m not trying to be an ass but when a 22hcp claims a -2 round on 9 holes that’s gonna roll some eyes...

havent played good in a competition in a while and i havent played in a competition in a while since it has really only just got to summer in the uk + i have school aswell, in august there will be a lot of comps so u should see my handicap drop right down

I would suggest analyzing your rounds shot by shot, not just in the aggregate. You might find, for example, that it was the tee shot OB that really caused your triple on a hole, not the three putts at the end ...

I’ve been tracking and analyzing my stats for the past couple of months. For me right now the biggest determinant of score by far is driving the ball well - long and in the fairway.  I can have 3 three-putt greens and still card a good score if hit 14 fairways.

I recommend hitting shots with your feet together. I start my pre-round warm-up and every practice session doing this drill. It helps your balance and will improve your ball striking. 

• Like 1

On 7/13/2018 at 1:52 PM, boogielicious said:

I would start a My Swing thread in the Member Swings section and let us look at your swing. You will save so many more strokes focusing on ball striking in the long run. 

There is a great book, Lowest Score Wins , that outlines what areas are more important to practice than others to lower your scoring. Putting is important, but greens in regulation, GIR, are more important.

have posted a thread on my swing if you could check it out mate

• 4 months later...

Not sure if this is a dead thread or not. I wanted to say I love one of these drills: 

bergercover.jpg

Twenty specific practice shots can help groove your game on the range. Learn to practice golf like this pro, Daniel Berger.

The driver drill is the one Daniel mentions that I really like. This article covers quite a few other drills and concepts. They are okay I guess. I use his driver drill regularly and I think its the main reason my handicap dropped more than 6 points this season. (from about 14 to just under 8.)

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

On 7/12/2018 at 6:11 PM, sheepdog said:

Different strokes for different folks, just remember you play more shots per round with your putter than any other club. Three lousy shots and one fine putt has made par on quite a few parts fours.

Then again the old adage, you drive for show and putt for dough.

Putt for show and drive for dough seems to be what’s happening in the PGA anyway 😁

• Upvote 1

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Some months ago I started using my preshot routine more in my practice sessions. Not sure if that's a drill, or not, but it has helped wiyh a little more accuracy. It gets me aligned, and aimed properly. I use it on all my shots,  from driving to putting. 

I use it on the course when playing for a score, so I figured why not add it to my practice routines. . 

I actually use a shorter version of my overall "pr". My normal version starts while I am walking/riding to my next shot when playing. Since my practices are stationary, hence the shorter version. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Note: This thread is 1983 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!