IGNORED

What are Your 2019 Golf Goals?

iacas
Note: This thread is 1617 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Love seeing all the goals and motivation folks! Keep 'em coming!

My goals for 2019:

5. Improve strokes gained putting (green reading, consistency, stroke)

4. Find an online golf fitness program that won't cost an arm and a leg

3. Improve swing speed 

2. Lower my handicap and play in more tournaments

1. Work on my mental game and keep having fun 

My goal for 2019 is to post 100 rounds.  It will be a stretch, as I don’t play in cold or wet conditions.

Last year I played around 30 rounds, took lessons, and practiced quite a bit with the goal of lowering my handicap. I didn’t particularly enjoy practicing and my handicap only came down a couple of notches. This year, I’m going to relax, smile, and enjoy being outdoors with my friends. 😎

My 2019 goals are to play fewer than my usual 150 rounds per year, practice more, do isometrics to strengthen my swing and increase swing speed, leave the pin in all the time which will piss off my foursome, all of which take it out and are too stuck in their ways to change.  And I plan to lower my handicap to 1.4 while changing swing keys only 3 times a week instead of 3 times a round.

- To play, I look forward to that first round.  Last year I fractured my heel and only played 5 rounds, I really miss playing golf.

- To play golf with my Son, Wife and Daughters.  They are new to the game and I really look forward to the time we will have together on the course

- Practice more.  I enjoy practicing with a purpose more then playing a round of golf.  I want to be 100% comfortable with every club in my bag

- Improve my wedge game.  

- improve putting

Get more people to play this crazy game. I want to increase the number of people playing golf, it is time to help make the future of golf now. 

Grow the Game

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My 19 goals are to strengthen my core, quit smoking and to keep my scores under 90 consistently. I have broken 90 a few times towards the end of the season.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Goal. My golf goal this year 2019 is to play off HCP 10.

Methodology     I presently play HCP 14. I have opportunity of playing 3-4 times a week. I intend to continue to maintain these playing periods as my work permits. I just purchased a wilson 3-PW iron blade which I tested today at the range before entering the course. I will continue to practice in the range and play different golf courses and watch out for improvement as times go by. If there is no improvement, I will get a coach to give me lessons. The following is my plan for the year:

March-May 2019- HCP 13.

June- September 2019-HCP 12

October-December 2019- HCP 10.

I believe with commitment, dedication and hard work I will achieve my golf goal for the year 2019.

My index is 18.5. One reason for that is.....my long putts are horrendous! If I'm inside 15 ft., I'll 2-putt...maybe even sink it. But good Lord, almighty, if I'm 20+ out, forget it. Lousy distance control with the putter. 

My goal for this year is the club championship! I had it going last year. Teed off on 10. Easy 2 putt par. 11 I 3 putt. 12 I make a lengthy par putt. 13 I had a long birdie putt and nearly holed it. Made par. 14 I nearly hole a wedge from 92 yards and tap in bird. Even through 5. Then the wheels fell off! I’m just short of the par 5 15 in 2. Chunk a sw and make bogey. 3 putt double at 16. Had to hole a monster for bogey at 17. Miss a short par putt at 18..... and then the front 9 was an absolute disaster. I have to get redemption this season! That round has stayed with me. It isn’t the bad score. It’s the pretty good start and feeling like I had a chance to be around even (and a chance to win) and letting it all fall apart. 

To achieve my goal I’ll need to drive the ball better. I hit 4-5 fairways a round last year typically. This year I got fitted for a new driver and expect that to have an impact. I should be longer and more accurate. 

The part of my game that needs the most work is my putting. Some days I look like I’ve never putted before. Had rounds where I know I threw away 6-8 shots on the green. I am going to spend at a minimum an hour on the putting green every time I go to the course.

I have a habit of getting out of the car and going right to the tee. I’m going to spend time warming up on the range and practice green. After the round I’m going to work on the putter more too. 

Im going to take better care of my body. Last year I’d play in the morning. Then I would rush off the course and go work out at the gym. On golf days I’m not going to work out. I over did it last year. I need to give my body more rest. Playing golf, working out, and sometimes even playing more golf caused my body to break down last year. This year I’m going to lay off the gym more and save my body some. I’ll be 40 in September and need to allow my body a chance to rest more. May play more holes or golf at the course but if I play 27 or 36 I think that is better than working out on top of golf too. 

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

2019 golf goals: get a handicap, make some solid golfing buddies, enter a tournament. 😄

my swing thread

3-wood: 13* TEE CB4, mitsubishi 'ahina 80g x; 2-iron: 16* mizuno hi-fli, c-taper 130g; 3-pw: mizuno mp-5, c-taper 130g; 50/55/60: mizuno t7, c-taper 130g; putter: SC bullseye platinum flange (2001)

My goals would have to be, in no certain order:

1. Get back into tournament play on a regular basis.

2. Get my HI down to 15.

3. Lose 30 Pounds

4. Practice/play at least 3 times a week

These are all in my control.  It's just a matter of making them a priority, and not taking the lazy route.

DJ

Follow me at Game Golf Profile: http://www.gamegolf.com/player/djfajt71 

On 11/1/2018 at 8:18 PM, iacas said:

Like our 2008 , 2009 , 2010 , 2011 , 2012 , 2013 2014, 201520162017, and 2018 threads, here's the official thread for 2019!

The rules are the same as they've been:

1. Post your goals personal golf-related goals for 2019. Be specific and thorough.
  2. Elaborate on how you'll go about achieving these goals. Details, people! :-)
  3. Post just once, though if you reach all of your goals, you should quote your post and revise them later in the year. And set harder goals next year.
  4. Keep the replies to a minimum. This thread is mostly for the posting of goals. If you want to encourage more discussion of your goals, post a copy of them in your Member Swing thread.

If you're looking to recap your 2018 goals, that's over here in this topic.

Let's hear 'em!

To consistently break 80! How? Do the math. By concentrating on the short game, specifically 75 yards and in. Also, by doing something I have needed to do for a while, improve my putting, especially lag putting and five to ten foot putts. You have no idea how many strokes I've left out there because of these three areas of the game! Maybe you do! Anyway, when you break it down, during a normal 18 hole round about 35 strokes are made while driving, hitting second shots on par 5's, and/or approaching the green with mid to long irons. If you shoot 85, then 50 strokes are attributable to the short game and putting. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out where the potential to save a few strokes lies. I'm not pontificating, I am driving the obvious into my own brain!

It won't be hard to get in some practice time because where I practice the loneliest part of the place is the short game area. Everyone seems to be fixated on banging balls. Good luck with that!

6 minutes ago, Another9 said:

Do the math. By concentrating on the short game, specifically 75 yards and in.

So wrong.. unless your short game/putting is a BIG weekness for your current index.

8 minutes ago, Another9 said:

If you shoot 85, then 50 strokes are attributable to the short game and putting. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out where the potential to save a few strokes lies.

Ancient belive, like the one the earth is flat. In that 50 strokes you have 10 tap-ins each round, are you going to spend time practicing 1 footers??

Math now told us that in average the biggest difference between 2 players from different index is their approach to the green, followed by tee shots, short game and finally putting. 

Theres much more room for improvement in the long game (distance and accuracy) than chiping and putting. 

I leave you with this question... why are par 3´s the hardest holes for low handicapers and par 5´s the easy ones and totally the opposite for high handicappers?

• Thumbs Up 1

@Crazy_bikerdude I know you wrote to be Scratch by 2020 or Maybe you were Just being Silly or Maybe you don't Honestly know but I have In the past 3yrs taken my Handicap from 22 down to where I ended 2018 at 7.3!!!! With that being said I have Never had a Lesson and I wanted to go about this Journey Specifically without have a Lesson on Purpose because this was/is very much Something that Means As Much as Life does to me! So I wanted it to just be "The Most Magnificent Game in the World.... GOLF and Me! You see Golf saved My Life and I tell People it's way More than a Sport to me! I wanna Teach Golf.... I wanna have a Non Profit (state funded more than likely) after School Program for Inner City Youth or At Risk Youth and see where it takes me from there! I gave myself a 3yr time table to take the PAT and Pass it! Last Year I KNEW I WASN'T READY & I AM GLAD I DIDN'T TAKE IT! You see this Has Been VERY VERY VERY EXHAUSTING! I quit My Career to Go after this Dream (civil engineering specifically dealing with explosives on Construction Sites) I was the Project Manager! It has Financially been hard and My Fiance and Myself. Which then Puts a Strain on our relationship! I do Work but I had to find something that would be flexible with my schedule where I could afford Myself Ample Opportunity to Practice! So I started Serving now Bartending at a Nicer Restaurant (Longhorn Steakhouse) because I had Previously worked Part Time during College Serving! So let just Say ALOT OF DAYS I GET TO THE COURSE AT SUNRISE leave there by 10 to Fly Home take a Shower and get to work at 11am then Usually work an Open-Close Double get off around 11-12 and go to this driving range for another hour now that it is warm and they have extended their hours again! I have hit just today alone around 600 balls and Putted for 1.5hrs.... I just say all that to say that my 3yr Goal was a Little Ambitious to say the Least! Last Year from like February to October I stayed so Stressed debating on whether to take the PAT or Not compound that with the Fact I tore my Rhomboid Muscle (Very Painful) and It Almost Ended My Relationship! I'm not one of those Hard Ass Guys that says I DO NOT NEED NO WOMAN! I DO NEED HER SHE KEEPS ME MOTIVATED TO KEEP GOING EVERYDAY BECAUSE HER SELFLESS LOVE SHE EXTENDED TO ME TO HAVE TO SACRIFICE SO MUCH WORK EXTRA HOURS ETC SO I COULD PURSUE A DREAM TO GIVE BACK TO A GAME THAT IF IT WERE NOT FOR GOLF I HONESTLY DO NOT KNOW IF I WOULD BE ALIVE TO TYPE THIS TO YOU! I HAVE LEARNED FAR MORE ABOUT LIFE THESE PAST FEW YEARS THEN I WILL EVER LEARN ABOUT THE GOLF SWING!!!!! Sorry to Ramble and I wish you the VERY BEST OF LUCK ON YOUR PURSUIT OF SCRATCH! As My Nanny use to say to Me: "You are as Good as the Best, and Better than the Rest." 

R. I. P Beckett Scout (Daddy Misses and Loves you Son)

• Like 1

• Administrator

@Another9, this is not really the topic for debate, just for posting goals and occasional updates to those goals.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Break 80 consistently at the tougher courses I play

Break 70 at my home course

Hit my long irons/fairway woods more consistently

Get my handicap Sub 5 again with 2 being the goal (Took 2 years off golf, came back in August. Current hcp ~7)

Pick up another 5-10 yards without giving up consistency (Always a goal lol)

A little late to the topic but here goes!

- Drop handicap to 2.0 or lower (currently 4.1)

- Win a Bass Creek individual tournament

- Win a Bass Creek league

- Compete in 5 WI Senior Tour events

- Be more consistent with my pre-shot routine, and overall focus

WITB:  088539C8-1A10-4551-9AC5-9770625CCBB0.png.328b5e9003a7a51f646d356f617dff83.png M5 10.5 degree with GraphiteDesign Tour AD IZ shaft,  M2 3-Wood, 3-hybrid and 5-hybrid,  P790 6I-PW, 52 and 58 degree Vokey wedges  and 64 degree 088539C8-1A10-4551-9AC5-9770625CCBB0.png.328b5e9003a7a51f646d356f617dff83.png Hi-Toe wedge and Tour Spider putter.  088539C8-1A10-4551-9AC5-9770625CCBB0.png.328b5e9003a7a51f646d356f617dff83.png TP5X or Callaway Chrome Soft X balls.  Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Align grips.

Note: This thread is 1617 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!