IGNORED

Hangover!

Bucki1968
Note: This thread is 1944 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not sure where to post this but here goes. I used to play a lot of golf relatively hungover (in my more formative years). Now I don't recover like I used too. I might be kidding myself but it seems like when I used to play hungover, I played better. Just wondering if this is the case with any of you. The stories I could tell.....😢. Saturday's Christmas cheer lead to Sunday's Christmas hangover and I played like I've never played in my life.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, Bucki1968 said:

I played better. Just wondering if this is the case with any of you. The stories I could tell.....😢. Saturday's Christmas cheer lead to Sunday's Christmas hangover and I played like I've never played in my life.

I've never played golf with a hangover before. I suspect I would play terrible. My hangover's are close to migraine and it is debilitating. Though, I hardly get hangovers to begin with, lucky me ;)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time....  ;-)

• Like 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I have an over-fondness for beer and have made some efforts to cut down the heavy nights in recent years.

As a hacker of the first order, it used to be hard to tell if it really made any difference. Now, that I'm marginally further along, it is very clear that it hurts. My precarious sense of balance really goes to hell when I'm hung over.

If golf is in the plan the next morning, my limit is 3 beers. If it's any sort of competition, I'll try to make it none.

1 hour ago, Bucki1968 said:

Not sure where to post this but here goes. I used to play a lot of golf relatively hungover (in my more formative years). Now I don't recover like I used too. I might be kidding myself but it seems like when I used to play hungover, I played better. Just wondering if this is the case with any of you. The stories I could tell.....😢. Saturday's Christmas cheer lead to Sunday's Christmas hangover and I played like I've never played in my life.

I don’t drink enough to get hungover anymore. The last time I got drunk was at my father’s house of all places. My brother opened up a winery and we tested his new wines. 1+ liters later and I couldn’t really tell what anything tasted like much less if I was still drinking wine or not?🤪

Next day, I expected a terrible hangover, but my brother’s wine was smooth enough that all I felt was a bit dehydrated. Played a round of golf after hydrating myself with 2 to 3 liters of water in the morning. My dad and brother slept in really late. Finished a 5 hour round and still got back before they woke up.

Played my usual horrible game...

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

15 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time....  ;-)

Amen

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Yeah, been there, done that with the hangover thing. Mostly in my younger, "bullet proof" days. Not so much these days, but occassionally. 

I too would sometimes play pretty good golf while not all there mentally. I just figured it was my subconscious making me look good. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Hungover, or just not feeling well (maybe a slight case of the flu or a bad cold), I seem to play fairly well. I think for me it's a case of realizing I'm not in peak physical or mental form, and I just concentrate harder. I wish I could concentrate on the game as hard normally.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Tied one on pretty good on Saturday night at a yearly Christmas party some good friends of ours throw. Every year my wife and I say we are not going to drink this year, and every year it's the same shit show followed by an uber home. Woke up for my Sunday tee time at 8:40am and probably should have taken another uber to the course as the night's effects had not completely worn off. I pretty much hit it like crap the entire round, but got it up and down like a champ. Shot 36 on the front, sobered up a little on the back nine and was 1 under. Not too bad considering I felt like crap the entire time. Went home and took a nap for the rest of the afternoon.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Not exactly the same as hungover but some of my best ball striking outings were after I hurt my back lifting weights.  I knew I wasn’t 100% so I was swinging way more controlled.  Should probably injure my back more often 

• Like 1

I can't remember ever playing with a hangover, but I don't think it would be good. I can't drink and play, and the best cure for a hangover is a cold beer.

Honestly, I haven't had a hangover in over 30 years. The closest I've come is 4 beers. I drink very sporadically, and when I do it's one drink or a couple beers or glasses of wine.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 7:50 AM, NM Golf said:

Tied one on pretty good on Saturday night at a yearly Christmas party some good friends of ours throw. Every year my wife and I say we are not going to drink this year, and every year it's the same shit show followed by an uber home. Woke up for my Sunday tee time at 8:40am and probably should have taken another uber to the course as the night's effects had not completely worn off. I pretty much hit it like crap the entire round, but got it up and down like a champ. Shot 36 on the front, sobered up a little on the back nine and was 1 under. Not too bad considering I felt like crap the entire time. Went home and took a nap for the rest of the afternoon.

Great game! 👍

On 12/17/2018 at 8:15 AM, Bucki1968 said:

Nothing is better when hungover. I personally have started not drinking the night before golf. Way easier to wake up, and I play better.

That said, I hit my sweet spot when I'm on beer 4-5 at the course. 🤣

I personally have not played golf with a hangover.  But my brother-in-law, who loves drinks, have played many a rounds with a hangover.  Funny thing is, he always seem to play better with a hangover.  I don't know why or how, but it is tough to beat him when he is hangover.  Most of the time when he is sober, I can usually beat him.  But I can count only a handful of times that I beat him when he was hungover.

Isn't there a saying that goes something like ... "beware of a golfer who is ill"?  That's my brother-in-law.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Note: This thread is 1944 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!