IGNORED

Who Is Your "Golf Villain"? And Why?

ChetlovesMer

On 1/29/2019 at 1:32 PM, Foot Wedge said:

My opinion is that a truly smart person can explain a complex issue in a simple manner, not the opposite.  Bryson takes 1000 words to say "I strained my shoulder".  I don't doubt he loves physical sciences and the data driven/biomechanical focused approach to golf.  He's doing his thing and it's working for him, but I don't know if I could sit down for a beer with him...

Pure poetry. And also the fact that he didn’t even finish college....I know that’s not a criteria for intelligence...but with Physics..he’s not done much more than your average B.S. grad has.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Pure poetry. And also the fact that he didn’t even finish college....I know that’s not a criteria for intelligence...but with Physics..he’s not done much more than your average B.S. grad has.

Freudian slip?

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

6 minutes ago, turtleback said:

Freudian slip?

B.S.  Bull Sh**

M.S. More Sh**

PhD Piled high and Deep.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

For a long time it was Poulter.  He just seems like a jerk and Ive seen some of the spats he's got into with people on Twitter.  No class.

Now, Id have to say its Phil.  Ever since he was whining about paying taxes, I cant stand him.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

I do not have a true villain, though Poulter sometimes rubs me a bit. I do watch a lot of golf and find myself rooting for a golfer but often I cannot say why. It is an at the moment kind of thing. And, I do not even do side bets with friends.

Too much energy is often wasted being upset about personal sports villains (and, even others) in our life. Prefer to keep stress down so I don't allow it to affect my life, and, more importantly, my golf!

• Like 1

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

17 minutes ago, DrMJG said:

Too much energy is often wasted being upset about personal sports villains (and, even others) in our life. Prefer to keep stress down so I don't allow it to affect my life, and, more importantly, my golf!

You are wise beyond your years. 

Did you know the NFL is averaging 7.5 arrests per game and 2.5 deaths per year over the last 10 years in stadiums or parking lots as a result of fan on fan violence. Crazy, huh? 

Enjoy your sports, like your teams, LOVE your family. 

• Like 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

I like Poulter a lot, he can be cast as a villain because he usually rises to the occasion for the Ryder Cup.   He generally picks his fights well.

Robert Allenby seems to have a penchant for treating people horrible and falling down.   I'll go with him.

—Adam

On 1/29/2019 at 11:38 AM, NM Golf said:

I root against Rory, I have absolutely no idea why nor do I have any legitimate issues with him. I just don't like him.

It's funny, he is one of my favorite because of his swing.  It's amazing how he can finish like that given his swing speed. 

I can't think of anyone I really hate.  I use to dislike Sergio's childish behavior (and again last week, apparently), but as a person I didn't care one way or the other.  I kind of felt bad for him over the years because he has a great talent but seemed always to be an underachiever in majors.  So I was glad he won the Masters.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• 1 month later...

Robert Allenby.  

He goes out and gets blindingly drunk and does stupid shit and then concocts stories to cover for himself.  Illinois, Hawaii, God knows how many other times.

That wouldn't be so bad, except for his greater character flaw, which is that he's a searing a**hole.

I've never liked Phil Mickelson.  As a fellow lefty, everyone assumes he's my idol or something just because we hit from the same side of the ball so that gets annoying.  Add in the FIGJAM stories and, to me, he's always seemed so shallow and disingenuous when he's on camera.

All that being said, he does have some fantastic calves.

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

On 2/13/2019 at 11:35 AM, imsys0042 said:

He generally picks his fights well.

Interesting. This is exactly the opposite of how I see him. Bystanders, volunteers, course media, photographers...

Villain is a strong word but I definitely don't like Bryson.  In addition to what others have said, I hate watching his swing... when he finally gets around to swinging the club.

I guess he's kind of a villain, though, if he's in contention on the weekends I won't watch the tournament.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Not sure villain is the word but I cannot/will not root for Zach Johnson.  Have never liked the guy.  

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

On 2/2/2019 at 1:12 PM, Vinsk said:

Less. The BS grad has the degree.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Sergio did another "Sergio" this weekend. 

I'm sure he's a good guy overall. But man, can he be a jerk!

I see a lot of people are put off by Bryson. I don't mind him at all.

- Steve

Driver: titleist.png.44b235e3fc0459caf96200c226b82945.png 917D2 (9.5*), 3/4 Wood: titleist.png.44b235e3fc0459caf96200c226b82945.png 917F2 (16*),
Hybridstaylormade.png.b56433b17b721d4da3cda2f79f9e73a7.png Rescue Mid (19*) & :wilsonstaff: D100 (22*), 5i-PW, GWcobra.png.f5a0c3806c04153a74a3b11aaf4308b0.png F7 One Length
Wedges:wilsonstaff: PMP (54* & 58*), Puttertaylormade.png.b56433b17b721d4da3cda2f79f9e73a7.png Spider Mini