IGNORED

Who is @freedrop

Note: This thread is 3718 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just think we are dealing with a child or someone with child like maturity level. Oh well I will read the rest of the posts until he says something enough to be banned...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just think we are dealing with a child or someone with child like maturity level. Oh well I will read the rest of the posts until he says something enough to be banned...

Didn't he say he was an older guy in one of his posts? I think he said something like, "Old guys like us". Oh well.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

He does not sound that immature, it's just that he's not used to be being on the wrong side of an argument. The main thing is his opposition to the 5SK learning system without understanding its benefits.

If he does a swing thread, he could prove or disprove anything much better than just arguing.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Golfers are rarely able to accurate describe what they actually do.

On the nose, I can't describe how I hit the ball that anyone would find useful.! :-O

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

[QUOTE name="Big C" url="/t/72622/who-is-freedrop/30_30#post_952761"]   I guess that depends on your perspective. He's an internet troll (which, by definition, makes you an idiot). Then again, he's one of the more successful trolls I've seen in recent memory. Hell, on this thread alone he's managed to get a half dozen or so of our most respected posters riled up. Hopefully this thread is the flameout and he won't be heard from again. [/QUOTE] You know what's funny ... I had a few more sentences written in that post, explaining why, and then I thought of that cliche about the definition of insanity; "doing something over and over and expecting different results."  Which led me to realize that we've had this conversation before with freedrop at least a couple of times. So, in conclusion, and by definition, we are all insane.  And one could, if they want, call us idiots.  I wouldn't object.  I should have stopped a long time ago.:doh: Something about Daniel Stern, a VCR, and cows comes to mind again.  Anyway ... I should get back to work. :beer:

Ahemm..cough..cough.. I would like to take a moment now to remind everyone that I don't respond to any of free drops blarney. I would think that should make me the opposite of an idiot? Maybe really smart guy?? Seriously I do appreciate our more trusted members for posting to debunk freedrops ideas. Like Erik said, someone unknowingly could be led down the wrong path.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Ahemm..cough..cough.. I would like to take a moment now to remind everyone that I don't respond to any of free drops blarney. I would think that should make me the opposite of an idiot? Maybe really smart guy??

Absolutely.  I said "us" mostly to make myself feel better about being dragged down by him.  Probably should've just said "me." :beer:

Since you wont answer other questions answer these: -How old are you? - What is your handicap? -Where do you live? -What is your best handicap You ever had? - Are you just a former previously banned user posing as someone else? -Are you named Patrick and do you live in Austria?

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Since you wont answer other questions answer these:

-How old are you?

- What is your handicap?

-Where do you live?

-What is your best handicap You ever had?

- Are you just a former previously banned user posing as someone else?

-Are you named Patrick and do you live in Austria?

Can we create a Patrick Badge. Maybe have a Patrick Troll Hall of Fame

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I don't think he is Patrick. Maybe, but he seems different to me.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

mvmac...really!....people are supposed to check in with someone called saevel125 before trusting  what Phil or Trevino or Tiger say they do.

You missed the point. You "learn" golf instruction from reading what pros think they do, smart people learn about golf by examining the facts and being open to learning new things.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I don't think he is Patrick. Maybe, but he seems different to me.

I don't think so either. Different type of style, but Patrick towards the end was trolling just for the sake of disrupting so one cannot be sure.

Michael

Why are we still listening and responding to "freedrop"?

What I see is, advice is support by with facts, video, detail explanation etc.. in here.

Even for personal question such as "are you a pro" is answered, nothing to hide.

Augment is good, but only with reason, not by quoting something.

With "freedrop", there is no answer, augment with no support, never agree anything....

So why are we still listening?  Please just ignore ...

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
Why are we still listening and responding to "freedrop"?

I suspect he's caught on to the general distaste for him and has taken his advice to Private Messages.

@freedrop you're very close to being banned outright. You mentioned in a thread just recently that a user should PM you for your advice. This circumvents the very nature of a public forum and is duplicitous at best.

I suspect you've done this already, and should I discover any such behavior, you'll be banned. I'm not going to go out of my way to seek this information, and I will not indicate who I think may have already been contacted, but this should serve as your final notice to stop if you've done so.

Banning you would likely be, as they say, "addition via subtraction."

This forum has made its requests of you very clear: provide more than just "this is what a pro says." We, as you've noticed, set the bar very high: you should be able to explain why you're giving advice. Reasons. Logic. Cause and effect.

If you cannot abide by the requests made above by many forum members, simply participate in non-instructional threads. This forum - and me in particular - are perfectly content to move on.

At the end of the day, this forum has one simple rule: act like an adult. Thus far, you've failed to meet that obligation. People have told you how you can, so the onus is now on you to meet that standard. We ban fewer members than any other active site I've ever seen. I believe many members can attest to just how long we put up with people before they're finally banned. Most would probably say "too long."

This is your final notice.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Handicap Index: 27.1
I'm relatively new here, but I have posted a myswing and I enjoy reading and watching those swings of others...in general when I see something like the above (27.1!!!) I consider it a little bit of a red flag and I tend to skip the post, generally speaking.  Call it closed minded, but unless you have a physical impairment or are over the age of 85, if you can't come up with the instructional thoughts enough to crack 110 using your own golf swing, you probably shouldn't be trying to help others? I don't know, it seems like common sense...you wouldn't have someone with 3 DWI's teaching an AA class...

• Administrator

I'm relatively new here, but I have posted a myswing and I enjoy reading and watching those swings of others...in general when I see something like the above (27.1!!!) I consider it a little bit of a red flag and I tend to skip the post, generally speaking.  Call it closed minded, but unless you have a physical impairment or are over the age of 85, if you can't come up with the instructional thoughts enough to crack 110 using your own golf swing, you probably shouldn't be trying to help others? I don't know, it seems like common sense...you wouldn't have someone with 3 DWI's teaching an AA class...

To be fair I believe that was added by a moderator. This site asks that you put in a valid handicap index (http://thesandtrap.com/a/faq#user_handicap_index) so some moderators change it. I believe their reason for doing so is to promote the sort of behavior you just mentioned.

I'm not sure if it's right or wrong - I can see both sides of it, given the rule I linked to - but we only have four characters to express the handicap index so I haven't yet found a way to say "This user chooses not to share with us his level of proficiency at playing the game, despite the request made in the FAQ." If anyone has any suggestions… I'm all ears.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

To be fair I believe that was added by a moderator. This site asks that you put in a valid handicap index (http://thesandtrap.com/a/faq#user_handicap_index) so some moderators change it. I believe their reason for doing so is to promote the sort of behavior you just mentioned.

I'm not sure if it's right or wrong - I can see both sides of it, given the rule I linked to - but we only have four characters to express the handicap index so I haven't yet found a way to say "This user chooses not to share with us his level of proficiency at playing the game, despite the request made in the FAQ." If anyone has any suggestions… I'm all ears.

You could just put "Golf" as their handicap.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

You missed the point. You "learn" golf instruction from reading what pros think they do, smart people learn about golf by examining the facts and being open to learning new things.

What I find comical is @freedrop bases what is correct by what Tiger and Phil and other Pros say they do in magazine clips edited or interpreted by writers.  But Tiger and Phil and other Pros don't take advice on their swing from each other or from magazines tips.  They listen to qualified professional golf instructors.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 3718 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!