IGNORED

I Really Dislike the "Golf Dinosaur" Commercials

iacas
Note: This thread is 3014 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

19 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the "Don't be a Golf Dinosaur" commercials?

• I haven't seen them, but I still dislike them.
    • I hate them.
    • I really, really hate them.
    • They make me want to throw the remote at my TV.
    • They're tolerable. ;)

Be careful what you ask for...the new one is worse than the others. The office guy is tolerable, the guy eating leaves is annoying, and the new one where the husband gets in his wife's face is downright painful to watch.

Agreed.  The office one was actually funny the newer ones are awful.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

My 10 yr old laughs ... don't think that was the market they were going for... :no:

• Upvote 1

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I hate this one!!! I hate it, I hate it, I hate it...   Now this one, I want to throw the remote at the TV -  I don't know why, but I can't stand it.

Golf Dinosaur- not so bad - but stupid

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

• 3 months later...

... bring back Old Tom Morris for 2016 !!! I loved those commercials ... "laddy, play it as it lies" and every commercial always ended in his Scottish accent "GO PLAY".

If I see another golf dinosaur guy I'm going to send you a bill for a broken TV. It's 2016 fergodssake ... quit bombarding us with that same stupid commercial over and over again on every golf tournament broadcast.

Seriously, I can't take it and I'm probably one of the biggest golfnow.com advocates anywhere. I bet I'm not alone ... are you with me ??

BRING BACK OLD TOM
BRING BACK OLD TOM
BRING BACK OLD TOM
BRING BACK OLD TOM
BRING BACK OLD TOM
BRING BACK OLD TOM
BRING BACK OLD TOM
BRING BACK OLD TOM
BRING BACK OLD TOM
BRING BACK OLD TOM

otm_zpsvfqb1gii.jpg

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Golfnow offers a good service, but I too cannot stand the dinosaur commercials and switch to another channel immediately.  I am with you, bring back Old Tom.

Edited by NJpatbee

The first time I saw the golf dinosaur commercial I was horrified. I thought it was easily one of the top ten worst commercials of all time. The second and third time I enjoyed it, watching that guy act like an asshat complete with jackass face. I thought to myself "how do they get people to do this stuff???"  The fourth time I was like the first time and ever since. I don't watch it. 

It amuses me that I could book rounds for a number of local courses today with a good three inches or so of white death and temperatures around 0.

Pretty sure more than a few of these are shuttered for the winter.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Gator Hazard said:

The first time I saw the golf dinosaur commercial I was horrified. I thought it was easily one of the top ten worst commercials of all time. The second and third time I enjoyed it, watching that guy act like an asshat complete with jackass face. I thought to myself "how do they get people to do this stuff???"  The fourth time I was like the first time and ever since. I don't watch it. 

I agree. Those are really stupid...and annoying!

Agree!  Liked old Tom.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Old Tom...

Although the fact that we dislike the golf dinosaur says they are effective ... it has us talking.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Perhaps a mod could merge these threads?

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

What's funny is I know a lot of older golfers who are course marshalls, cart washers, starters, etc. just so they can play for free. . .that's my dream retirement job! :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Yes  - Old Tom commercials were fine. 

Golf Dinosaur is annoying and really doesn't seem to sell the message as well or as entertaining.

Bill - 

• Administrator
On January 13, 2016 at 11:25 AM, Mr. Desmond said:

Although the fact that we dislike the golf dinosaur says they are effective ... it has us talking.

Effective at creating a negative association is not what I'd call "effective."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3014 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!