Bucki1968

Must Have for a Round of Golf?

44 posts / 2084 viewsLast Reply

Playing with a couple buddies recently and we were giving each other sH&t about the things we always have with us when we play golf. For example, one of my buddies always brings granola bars or a peanut butter and jelly sandwich to eat. I always have a gatorade/powerade of some variety. Other buddy always has a couple cigars. I also always have my three pack of Augusta National ball markers. Just wondering what everyone else always brings to the course.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Three things go in my pocket every time before I leave the house. 

pitchfix divot repair tool, St. Andrews or Augusta ball marker (depending on the anticipated weather), cash for the cart girl.   

My re-usable water bottle (half filled if I am walking, full if riding).

An 1890 Morgan silver dollar as a ball mark, and a cheap, pewter divot repair tool, both of which I’ve carried for over 35 years.  I’d be sad to lose either of them.

Nothing else unusual.

My water bottle.  I walk 90% of the time, so it's an absolute must for me.

water bottle, even playing in 40 degrees.  If it's ungodly hot, I'll carry a couple packets of electrolyte powder and mix it with the water

if I'm playing 18, I'll usually have some kind of nut bar/ball thing.  I don't remember the brand but it really helps with hunger/energy.

Along with snacks, water, and other golf  tools, my #1 bring along is an open, relaxed mind set. When playing, it's all about having a good time out there for me. 

Good shots and/or bad shots. Smile, or shake your head, then move on. 

Out of the stuff I'm willing to admit to packing ...

- Lime Gatorade. I don't even really like it, but nothing else seems appropriate. Your guess is as good as mine.

- Change. I transact a lot of business in cash and always have change in my pocket. I'm never consistent about what coin comes out to mark a ball with.

- Spare lighter. Yes I smoke like a chimney when i golf, so there is an extra Bic in the golf bag.

Repair tool, ball marker, pencil sharpener or small pocket knife, towel, wind shirt or spare shirt, water bottle, small wire brush, mayonnaise jar with holes drilled in the top, plus a small, zippered, pouch for things like extra pencils, extra repair tools, and spare change.

9 minutes ago, klineka said:

What do you use that for?

lightning bugs!   :whistle:

I can't imagine carrying something like that

Bottle of water and something to eat. On summer the bottle is always half filled with ice.  

59 minutes ago, krupa said:

water bottle, even playing in 40 degrees.  If it's ungodly hot, I'll carry a couple packets of electrolyte powder and mix it with the water

if I'm playing 18, I'll usually have some kind of nut bar/ball thing.  I don't remember the brand but it really helps with hunger/energy.

Same as me. An 18 hole round will be two bottles of something with electrolytes and two bottles of water unless the course has water. Otherwise, I will cramp up later in the day.

Nowadays I pull my own bag on a trolley.  Thus I need to ensure a couple of 500 ml bottles of sand to fill in divots when I play.  I always keep the pitch repair tool, a marker and tees in my pocket.  A water bottle isn't always there because the course I am currently playing has two or three spots where you can get water/snacks etc.  The cap and umbrella are always there as well, even though the umbrella rarely gets used

57 minutes ago, Piz said:

mayonnaise jar with holes drilled in the top,

46 minutes ago, klineka said:

Dry rub powder for the ribs, of course. 

1 hour ago, klineka said:

To keep tees in.  The plastic jar holds quite a few and fits in a cup holder.  I drill 6 holes in the top so I don't have to remove the lid every time I need a tee or lug them around in my pocket.