hawkeye

What Is Your Anti-Handicap?

84 posts / 21463 viewsLast Reply

At what spread does an Anti-HC start letting one know that one is inconsistent?

My current HC is 34.5 and my Anti HC is 42.8 so a spread of 8.3.

PT - Are you still affiliated with Scorecard, @iacas ?

No. I don't think it's even available for sale anymore.

I think the actual spread is determined by the handicap you have. The problem is that you can't say "a handicap spread the same size as your handicap" or anything because handicaps don't "end" (or start) at zero.

So, to take a stab at your other question, if your anti-handicap is 9 for a double-digit handicapper, or 4.5 for a single-digit handicapper, you're inconsistent. Just off the top of my head. I'm sure if I think about it I'll adjust quite a bit.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

1. Handicap: 1.1
2. Anti-handicap: 4.2
3. How long: This year
4. Improvements: Started the season around a 2.0, so I've dropped nearly a stroke and have been trending downward for several revisions.

Handicap 4.7

Anti-Handicap 9.8

All scores this year.  I have definitely been somewhat inconsistent.  The Anti is fueled by two bad rounds (85+) in Palm Springs, with absolutely no excuses, as well as by 85-84 for the two-day outing we had in the cold and snow early in April (reasonable).  

1. What is your handicap (17.9)
2. What is your anti-handicap (22.6)
3. How long have you been at your current handicap (or around that mark) Within 1 stroke (+/-) for a good while
4. Have you made any significant improvements in your handicap recently. Downward trend for the last few revisions

My HC is 17.3

My Anti-HC is 21.4

Difference of 4.1

I've been holding steady at around 17-17.6 HC for the past 8 months or so. Considering I don't play through the winter it's more like 5 months of active golf.

Anti handicap? Interesting. I just did the computations. My AH is 12. 8, as apposed to my regular 9.9. 

I guess I need to quit playing on those bad weather, windy days.  :whistle:

23 minutes ago, Patch said:

Anti handicap? Interesting. I just did the computations. My AH is 12. 8, as apposed to my regular 9.9. 

I guess I need to quit playing on those bad weather, windy days.  :whistle:

Actually, the difference between the two is pretty small, only 2.9, indicating pretty good consistency.  Here's a quote from a Golf Digest article that I found on Dean Knuth's website, www.popeofslope.com

The difference between your Handicap Index and your anti-handicap measures your consistency. Subtract your Handicap Index from your anti-handicap. If the number is 5 or less, consider yourself steady. If it's 15 or more, you should be looking for a more consistent partner.

Based on the May 1 revision. 

Handicap is 7.2. Anti Cap is 10.0. It's probably the closest spread I've had in awhile. Although my game is still really erratic shot-to-shot, my overall scoring has been pretty steady. My worst score in the last 20 is an 88. 

So, my handicap is creeping back up, but my anti-cap is creeping down. Hmmmm... wondering if I could call that progress?

1 hour ago, Big C said:

So, my handicap is creeping back up, but my anti-cap is creeping down. Hmmmm... wondering if I could call that progress?

Just do what most political "analysts" do, choose which statistic you want to  use, to come to whatever conclusion you'd prefer.

Last 20 rounds goes back to 2014-2015. HCP unofficial.

HCP: 21

Anti-Cap: 25.7

Variability Index: 4.7 

Current HCP is 16.1 with an Anti HCP of 23.1, 7 stroke difference.  Scores go back to June 2015 with my best stretch in July and some really bad numbers in October when the wheels seemed to fall off.  The scoring so far this season has been a little  more consistent so hoping to reduce all 3 this year.

1. What is your handicap (6.1)
2. What is your anti-handicap (7.5)
3. Variability Index: (1.4)

Based on last 20 rounds, but my handicap has fluctuated between 4 and 7 for the last 3 years.  

I just found this thread.   Very interesting.   I didn't realize there was such a beast....anti-handicap.    I'll be up late working on this!

On 5/4/2016 at 11:41 AM, DaveP043 said:

Just do what most political "analysts" do, choose which statistic you want to  use, to come to whatever conclusion you'd prefer.

The beauty of the internet

Handicap: 0,6
Anti-Handicap: 5,6
Difference:  5
How Long:  2 month and a half.

Inconsistente player i think, when the round is not going ok i just give up and try new things or just mess arround. I´m working to avoid that