IGNORED

Walkers, What Bag Do You Carry?

Note: This thread is 1492 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have walked in the past but tore my achilles a few years ago and am just now feeling up to doing it again. I always enjoyed it but my bag is only a 7 divider so I got a lot of club rattle which I'm sure isn't great for the heads. I'm definitely going for a 14 way this time but curious what all the walkers out there carry? I've been looking for a week or so online and no brand or style is really standing out to me. Also, does anyone use the club clips? I have read both positive and negative reviews online so not sure if they are worth trying. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

When I carry my full set of clubs, I use a PING Hoofer (5-way divider), I think it's a 2017 or 2018 model. The clubs get a little crowded/bound up because the bag doesn't have full length, 14-way dividers but not a big deal for me. My iron club heads get pretty beat up hitting off public course fairways/rough, so I'm not concerned about the nicks and dings from bag chatter.

When carrying a partial set (8-10 clubs), I use a Callaway Hyperlite bag with a 3-way divider, which is just about perfect for 9 clubs, and gets a little crowded with 10 clubs.

Aside from clubs, I have a pretty minimal bag, maybe 3 sleeves of balls, towel, a water bottle, and assorted accessories like tees, ball markers, pitch mark repair tool, etc.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

I've used a Sun Mountain Four5 with 14-way, full length dividers for the past 5 years or so.  No complaints at all.  I think I'm going to try the Three5 this year though, without the 14-way.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Hand cart. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

1 minute ago, Missouri Swede said:

Hand cart. 

Same here. I haven’t carried my bag walking a round in years.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

36 minutes ago, dsc123 said:

I've used a Sun Mountain Four5 with 14-way, full length dividers for the past 5 years or so.  No complaints at all.  I think I'm going to try the Three5 this year though, without the 14-way.

I was leaning Sun Mountain they've got a good look and seems like plenty of storage. Did yours come with full length dividers or did you buy the inserts? 

16 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

Hand cart. 

Yeah that's an option but I actually like carrying my bag. Maybe in a decade or so I'll move to the hand cart. 

At one time when I walked, and carried, I used what was called a day bag. It was designed for 6-8 clubs. Had dual. Shoulder straps.  It suited me quite well because I rarely would use all 14 clubs when using my larger, full bag of clubs. 

If I ran into a situation where I needed a club I didn't have, i would manipulate another club to get the shot done. 

I have seen golfers with some sort of non golf specific bag with very few clubs in it. Almost looked like it was home made, with maybe 4, or 5 clubs in it. They were pretty good golfers too.. 

These days when I walk, I have a Tour Edge staff bag, 14 clubs, and a Clicgear trolley. I still hardly ever use all 14 of my clubs during a round. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

1 hour ago, Lugowskins said:

I have walked in the past but tore my achilles a few years ago and am just now feeling up to doing it out there carry? I've been looking for a week or so online and no brand or style is really standing out to me. Also, does anyone use the club clips? I have read both positive and negative reviews 

I have a bag I can carry, but prefer a two-wheeled hand cart I can pull.  Saves me time and unless you have to cross a ditch, is easier.  Currently using a Decathlon bag and trolley.

Have a set of club clips on an older bag.  Got it about two decades ago and used it on a bag so that the clubs didn't rattle.  Not bad at all, provided your clubs stay in place.  The only thing is you are looking at about 7 to 8 clubs across, so it might be a tight fit in your bag.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

I've got the Titleist lightweight cart bag (14 divider), but I do not carry. Push cart mafia. I don't think that it would be too heavy of a bag, but during the summer I like to get 36 in on the weekends so I have the push cart. And since I already have the push cart, I use it every time

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

10 hours ago, Lugowskins said:

I was leaning Sun Mountain they've got a good look and seems like plenty of storage. Did yours come with full length dividers or did you buy the inserts? 

Yeah that's an option but I actually like carrying my bag. Maybe in a decade or so I'll move to the hand cart. 

They come with full-length 14-way dividers.  https://www.tgw.com/golf-bags/golf-stand-bags/sun-mountain-2019-45-ls-14-way-stand-bag

I got a Clicgear this year too but I almost never use it.  I find it significantly less strenuous to carry than to push.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Also in the "walk but don't carry" department.  Sun Mountain cart I got from a friend when she gave up golf.  I recently went back to an old (2008) Ogio Grom, the classic Wood-e dividers if that means anything to you.  It has a large pocket whose zipper doesn't work, but it still works better for me than my leggy bag (that I really like otherwise because it has my club's logo on it). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I'm still using the Ping Hoofer we got at the '15 Newport Cup. The straps can be a bit finicky, but otherwise it's a great bag.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

19 hours ago, Lugowskins said:

I have walked in the past but tore my achilles a few years ago and am just now feeling up to doing it again. I always enjoyed it but my bag is only a 7 divider so I got a lot of club rattle which I'm sure isn't great for the heads. I'm definitely going for a 14 way this time but curious what all the walkers out there carry? I've been looking for a week or so online and no brand or style is really standing out to me. Also, does anyone use the club clips? I have read both positive and negative reviews online so not sure if they are worth trying. 

Slightly related, I use a cligear push cart.  I think it is the 2.5+ model.  Love it.  No shame in using a push cart; it allows me to use a big bag and throw all my crap in there. 

I carried for a long time but have switched to a sun mountain speed cart. Wife uses one too. But I just got a new bag that is without a doubt the best bag I've had for a long time.

ogio.jpg

Edited by Bucki1968

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

• iacas changed the title to Walkers, What Bag Do You Carry?
  • Administrator
21 hours ago, Lugowskins said:

Why?

3 hours ago, jamo said:

I'm still using the Ping Hoofer we got at the '15 Newport Cup. The straps can be a bit finicky, but otherwise it's a great bag.

Ditto.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 1492 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!