IGNORED

LIV Golf (Saudi PIF), "Mergers," and More

iacas

Yep, you’re right. That’s what I get for reading too fast. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Saw quite a bit of news lately. PM set to make 40million signing bonus with a guarantee to play all events. European tour/DP World Tour set to decline players from playing while PGA Tour is leaning towards letting players play in the first event. PGA of America may force PM to withdraw from PGA Championship due to his potential signing with the new league. Speculation is flying though on all that. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

• Administrator

Basically, Sergio implies that soon he'll be leaving the PGA Tour and won't have to deal with the rules official who told him his ball was lost after he didn't find it within 3 minutes.

I can see his frustration. Only bagging over 54million from the tour…shame.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

41 minutes ago, iacas said:

Basically, Sergio implies that soon he'll be leaving the PGA Tour and won't have to deal with the rules official who told him his ball was lost after he didn't find it within 3 minutes.

Umm ... good riddance, don't let the door hit you on the way out?

• Thumbs Up 1

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

1 hour ago, Missouri Swede said:

Umm ... good riddance, don't let the door hit you on the way out?

Jay Monahan proactively filled out the releases for Sergio to play the bonesaw tourneys months ago,   Happy to be rid of him.  Me too.  How many times do we have to see this entitled whiner do the same routine?

because they come from the same country, Sergio does get compared to Olazabal.  Honestly on his best day, Sergio is a rent-a-center Olazabal (on his worst day).  

—Adam

• Administrator

10 hours ago, iacas said:

Wait, wait, just to be clear. 
Will the new tour let Sergio look for his ball for as long as he wants? 

Because that sounds like riveting action that I'd like to watch. 😁

• Funny 2

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

10 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Wait, wait, just to be clear. 
Will the new tour let Sergio look for his ball for as long as he wants? 

Because that sounds like riveting action that I'd like to watch. 😁

Bratissmus Maximus. Him, Phil and Norman collectively would make for a swashbuckling threesome. Jeez the sense of entitlement in the group could fill up an entire Saudi oil well. 

Vishal S.

Isn’t there a connection between Sergio’s comments and Charley Hoffman’d at the Waste Management event?  Both have publicly stated that they expect the Saudi Tour will have different rules for competition.  Has anyone confirmed what rules the Saudis will use for their golfy type events? Maybe something like Top Golf?

Driver - Callaway Razr

3-wood - TM Stealth

7-wood - Titleist 

Irons - 5 through PW, Epon 503

Vokey Wedges

Putter - Odyssey TriHot 2

5 minutes ago, hunterdog said:

Has anyone confirmed what rules the Saudis will use for their golfy type events? Maybe something like Top Golf?

Oh, you know what they should do? Get Vince McMahon. He loves to do new sport leagues. Like the XFL or the WBF. 

I imagine Sergio being announced and his entrance music playing as he steps out under the Titon-Tron. 

8 minutes ago, hunterdog said:

Isn’t there a connection between Sergio’s comments and Charley Hoffman’s at the Waste Management event?  Both have publicly stated that they expect the Saudi Tour will have different rules for competition.  

In all seriousness, what are they going to do when this tour does something that irritates them? 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Now I'm hearing that LIV is not going to have team events this year? It's basically not a "tour" but events that are just going to be run opposite some PGA events etc. ? 

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

To be fair, the PGA Tour said later that the official did start the clock too soon:

garcia-1694-benjared.jpg

The PGA TOUR issued the following statement Thursday regarding Sergio Garcia’s ruling on the 10th hole.

So Sergio did have a legitimate complaint.  That doesn't excuse his "spoiled brat" behavior, it won't bother me if he doesn't play the PGA (or DP) Tour in the future.  

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

So Sergio did have a legitimate complaint.  That doesn't excuse his "spoiled brat" behavior, it won't bother me if he doesn't play the PGA (or DP) Tour in the future.

Yep.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, iacas said:

No, Sergio was complaining specifically because that rules official started the 3 minute clock before Sergio even arrived to begin searching for his ball. He started the clock when Sergio was still approaching the area.

Edit: Whoops! Jumped the gun and didn't read that the same information had been posted already.

Edited by Pretzel