IGNORED

LIV Golf (Saudi PIF), "Mergers," and More

iacas

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Nope, Not the same thing.
But as I said. You are welcome to discuss the format. 

I think the format is Sh!t. No cut, everyone gets paid huge money before they even tee it up. It's crap. 

Players who play in it are in for them money and that's fine with me. If you want a ton of money that's one way to get it. But don't give me any of that BS about trying to grow the game. Also, I'd like the media to quit telling me everyone in that situation would take the money. I wouldn't. There are plenty of others who wouldn't either. 

I won't click on anything to do with the LIV tour. I want no mistaking that I don't support it. 

I'm simply not over 9/11. 

Agree with you entirely. 

I went to the 1st event at The Centurion Club in the UK (they gave away free tickets because they could get a crowd of 8,000 to buy them).  At £68 per ticket it would have been a rip off.  It looked and felt like exhibition golf being performed by a bunch of disinterested golfers who had been told they were obliged to turn up.  No cut, play started at 2:15 pm, only 48 players in total, a meaningless team competition where you found out the result after the event not because the teams were readily identifiable on the day, no atmosphere, and, the guy who came last at +24 got $120,000 or more.

Come on, please don't try to tell me that its not just the money that's on offer!

• Informative 1

2 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Also, I'd like the media to quit telling me everyone in that situation would take the money. I wouldn't. There are plenty of others who wouldn't either. 

The fans who say this will never be in a position to take the money, so it's easy to say.  You're talking GENERATIONAL wealth - you'd take it.

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

7 minutes ago, chriskzoo said:

The fans who say this will never be in a position to take the money, so it's easy to say.  You're talking GENERATIONAL wealth - you'd take it.

He literally just said he wouldn’t. And he’s right that many others wouldn’t either. Next point?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 minutes ago, chriskzoo said:

Many of the LIV players already had generational wealth, and while not every player on the PGA Tour has career earnings and sponsorship deals like DJ and Phil, I don't think any of the PGA Tour players who jumped to LIV were forced to live paycheck to paycheck while playing on the PGA Tour, and many would end up with generational wealth playing out their career on the PGA Tour.

Edited by Darkfrog

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

17 minutes ago, chriskzoo said:

Way to make a judgement about @ChetlovesMer's character knowing little if anything about him.

Maybe you don't comprehend that many of us who personally and directly witnessed or were impacted by 9/11 view this is blood money and that it goes against every fiber of our being to knowingly and directly profit in such an ostentatious way and that we're incapable of doing it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

11 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

Maybe you don't comprehend that many of us who personally and directly witnessed or were impacted by 9/11 view this is blood money and that it goes against every fiber of our being to knowingly and directly profit in such an ostentatious way and that we're incapable of doing it.

This 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

1 hour ago, JetFan1983 said:

Say it ain't so. 

They fallin like flies.. This is golf's version of the pandemic.

• Upvote 1

Vishal S.

57 minutes ago, chriskzoo said:

Come on, there are already literally dozens of guys on Tour that have turned it down.  Just because some people would turn a blind eye to what it represents doesn't mean everyone would

-Eric

1 hour ago, RFKFREAK said:

Way to make a judgement about @ChetlovesMer's character knowing little if anything about him.

So I take it you were actively boycotting the recent British open? Given it was sponsored by HSBC, you know the bank that has been making a push to the middle eastern market and was the main western partner of the Saudi Aramco listing? The same HSBC conglomerate that up until now has refused to leave the Russian market...

2 hours ago, chriskzoo said:

I have a family member that leads a life that would get him executed if he lived in Saudi Arabia, so I can clearly, and without hesitation, say I would never take their money.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Alx said:

So I take it you were actively boycotting the recent British open? Given it was sponsored by HSBC, you know the bank that has been making a push to the middle eastern market and was the main western partner of the Saudi Aramco listing? The same HSBC conglomerate that up until now has refused to leave the Russian market...

Not the same thing. If you don't see the difference I can't help you. 

Once again, the great thing about Capitalism is I'm allowed (as are you) to support any company/organization I want to with my dollars/views/clicks what ever. I'm also allowed to NOT support any company/organization I'd like to by NOT giving them my money/views/clicks what ever. 

If you like the LIV tour and want to support it, I can't stop you. And I don't intend to try. Personally, I will not be supporting them. I hope they fail. 

Once again, I'm still bitter about 9/11. Perhaps I should forgive and forget, but I'm not there yet. Not only that, but I as I've said several times, I think the LIV tour is bad for golf. So there's that. 

AND @chriskzoo, you are wrong. I would not take the money. I really don't care how much it is. Generational, non-generational, what ever. I wouldn't take it and I know there are others who wouldn't as well. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

21 minutes ago, Alx said:

oh my god....please stop.  if you can't understand the difference between a company who does a small portion of their business in the Middle East being 1 out of 8 sponsors of the British Open, and the actual government of Saudi Arabia single-handedly financing and operating the entire LIV operation, there isn't much conversation to be had

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

-Eric

51 minutes ago, Alx said:

Did HSBC create the Open Championship?

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

• Administrator
3 hours ago, chriskzoo said:

You’re wrong.

3 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

QFT.

1 hour ago, Alx said:

🤦‍♂️

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, GolfLug said:

They fallin like flies.. This is golf's version of the pandemic.

Sir Charles too. Is he going to play? Or better yet, try to form an NBA version of LIV? 20 games in a season, 6 minute quarters. 8' rims?

Edited by chspeed
Added link

I haven’t been following, but apparently  they’re going to play at Trump National in Bedminster next week. I keep hearing ads on the radio.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread